New Marketplace Items: The Freeblood Vampire Race & Accessories

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Dec 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]
    The Freeblood race is now available on the Marketplace in EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended.
    Watch the new Freeblood video above, or over on Facebook.
    To purchase the Freeblood race, look within the Race Packs section of the Marketplace and purchase the Unlock: Freeblood item to gain the basic Freeblood race. Then create a new Freeblood character at the character select screen, or change an existing character into a Freeblood with a Race Change Potion.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

Hopefully enough people like this that more options become a viable thing for you guys in the future! I know there are plenty of races many people would love to see, just like the vampires. :) Happy Holidays, everyone! Much love to all!
  3. ARCHIVED-TorrynWoodsrunner Guest

*sigh*
    Not at those prices...I'll wait and get it for free, thanks.
    I left more comments in the General Gameplay discussion.
  4. ARCHIVED-sorwen Guest

I hope the opposite. It is much too expensive for what it is. SOE has the most expensive market place out of any of the paid or free games I've played. People use to complain about the Korean free games having people pay for things, but none of them I've played could hold a candle to the cost SOE charges.
  5. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

A new character race on the marketplace is not fluff. It's EQ2x. I'm aware that we get it for free if we qualify for the rewards in February, but the race itself should NOT be on the marketplace at all. I feel about this the same way I felt about the mounts that were actually moved from the vendors to the marketplace for a day or 2, or about the arrows that appeared on the marketplace, or about the host of other things that was put on the marketplace (sometimes ninja-placed there) that really shouldn't have been.
    Once again, I support the marketplace for fluff. I've bought quite a bit of it. I've got a bit of station cash I'm hanging onto to buy reasonably priced micro-transaction fluff items.
    A new character race I don't view as fluff. Even if *some* of us won't have to pay for it. The race should have just been added as a content patch or as part of the expansion. The Velious Winter Reward should have been a one charge potion that changed an existing character to the Freeblood race. Those who didnt qualify for the rewards would have bought race changes and you'd have still made your money from Live and your race packs could have made you money on EQ2x.
    The mount, the lair, etc. I can see how that's fluff. But the race? /sigh.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jiten Guest

I do wonder what got into SOE to make them think we wouldn't mind having a race added to the game through SC on the live servers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bekkr Guest

Probably the thousands of dollars they made today. Have you seen how many vampires are running around now?
  8. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

I have had an open mind. I absolutely ADORE the fact that we have another choice now. I am not okay with the fact that they have racially exclusive content that can be purchased, from a house, two appearances, and one of them that can double as a mount/flying mount. I'll digress, I've already covered that in another topic. I do sincerely hope that SOE makes their money off of this - but I hope it leads to fairness, an increased sense of individuality amongst the races. Even if it has to be purchased.
  9. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Winter wrote:
    Sadly, "profit" and "fairness" are often mutually exclusive ideas
  10. ARCHIVED-Winter Guest

Iskandar wrote:
    True. I do have to say that I want to see SOE succeed.
  11. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

I just want to say thank you for actually packaging the "accessories" like you said you would. When reports rom Test came in that they were all individually purchased, I was NOT happy since you stated there would be an accessory pack.
    So thanks for staying true to your advertisement.

On the flip side, while I like a few of the hairstyles for the female Vamps, the rest just don't fit or are trashy. Will we be seeing any other hairstyles added later? I would love some sort of medium or long length haistyles that does not scream harlot.
  12. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Whats the price?
    How many SC i must spend?
  13. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

14. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    The race looks ugly and i dont need to buy this but its interesting to know how many sc this ugly looking race costs :D
  15. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

20 bucks for the race, another 25 if you want to convert a present character into one, adn if you want all teh neat accessories it's another 30.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sinaya Guest

EQ2 Zam wrote:
    Free lifetap? In case there was any doubt, we've definitely crossed the line from Station Cash being only fluff (appearance items and cosmetic mounts) and convenience (Experience potions and warping items) to game-affecting cash content. There is no racial combat trait comparable to Bloodletting on any other playable character race.
    Does anyone have the rough damage / proc rate on the lifetap? I've heard 1500 damage with 500 heal attached at level 90, with a 2.8 times per minute proc rate. Is this accurate?
    Edit: Reviewed a parse from Gears of Klak'Anon where I fought against a Freeblood Ranger. Bloodletting did 3% of her outgoing damage and 38% of her personal outgoing heals. (Other two heals were Barrier at 44% and Vitality Breach at 18%) If Freeblood Vampire characters are going to get something this powerful, I vote that they burn in the sun when traveling during the day. Who is with me!?
  17. ARCHIVED-Remma Guest

Is it just me or does the Reveal Inner Self ability not actually do anything atm?

Ah n/m gotta customise it at the barbers
  18. ARCHIVED-ravenkitty Guest

wish they would consider making non-human types this way... IE: IKSAR...kerra...hint...hint SOE!! If SOE would activate this for other races, i would most certainly buy a race change potion for my iksar to be a freeblood. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Mephitic Guest

I have mixed feelings about the entire thing. I am eligible to receive the race in the February gift, but I have to admit I was one of the many impatient. I bought the race, and honestly am having a good time playing around with the new features exclusive to the Freeblood .
    ...That said, the only reason I went ahead and sprung early was due to the well placed double station cash weekend. So from my end of things, I only spent 10 bucks. 10 dollars verus two months of waiting doesn’t seem too bad. No big, right? I may even go get a couple pre-paid cards for the accessory pack. I mean, with the double redemption on those the 24th-27th, it's only another 15. Once again, that's not too bad... Sure, with the sub fee, I’ve suddenly spent 40 bucks on an online game this month, but I guess it could be worse.
    Like for the people paying the normal prices for this stuff. Those double redemptions don’t happen that often, and if I want to get an accessory pack for a future character, it’s going to be 30 all it's own? Honestly it's the promotion that makes this slightly okay for me. I'd NEVER pay the full prices on these items, pretty well because I cant afford to keep dropping money like that on a game I’m already paying for.
    I’m not saying that SOE had a bad idea on this, and no one made me choose to actually spend the money. It just sets a bit of a worrying precedent. Are we now restricting the best game experiences, the fullest the game has to offer, primarily to those who can afford to throw around money?
  20. ARCHIVED-russell1213 Guest

I JUST WANNA KNOW DO WE GET THE COOL LOOKING ARMOR THEY HAVE ON FROMT HE PLATE TO THE CLOTHIE LOOKS IN THE PHOTOS AS APP ARMOR?....IM LOVING THE PLATE ARMOR