New LaunchPad FAQ

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Burl Guest

Junniper wrote:
    if you use the old station access lancher, that lanches the new eq2 lancher thus 2 lanchers

make sense?
  2. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

Station Launcher should go away shortly. It has probably been delayed by all the othe issued, but LP4 is meant to replace any previous launch application. Once the dust settles, there will be one LaunchPad.
    There will stiil be two flavors of installer: One for the streaming client and one for the full-asset client. The two varieties will use the same LaunchPad.
    -= Therendil =-
  3. ARCHIVED-BroGerras Guest

Therendil wrote:
    Ok, so I am feeling like a complete noob, when do you use either streaming or full? I chose streaming on my laptop, should I change it to full?
  4. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

Personal choice, really. The only difference in principle is whether you download 13GB in one shot, or download what you need when you need it. Since most people never see more than a fraction of Norrath, you could end up with much less than 13GB using the streaming client.
    I personally use the full-asset client client because I have fewer problems with it. On my laptop, the streaming client nearly always locks or crashes when I exit. The full-asset client always exit cleanly.
    Your mileage will vary. If you try the streaming client and have no issues, then use what I said in the first paragraph to decide.
    -= Therendil =-
  5. ARCHIVED-BroGerras Guest

Therendil wrote:
    Ok, so I have 5 90's I play a lot and multiple alts that are all over Norath. Under those circumstances I am thinking I may want to now move to the full asset client. Thanks for the help.
  6. ARCHIVED-Darba48 Guest

my question regarding the new launcher is this.. I have most of my characters on Freeport, if i go to another server to check out the *Community Spirit* how do i get back to Freeport server... it does not show up in the server list STILL.
    also. FREEPORT server now part of the *big happy family* is not on the NEW AND IMPROVED website list of server status... will that be changed also? Or is Freeport still the ugly stepchild?
    looking forward to a response from SOE staff on these questions.

thank you
  7. ARCHIVED-BoxxBolt Guest

How do i get 2 patching it making me us the station lauchpad insted of the one that goes with eq
  8. ARCHIVED-XarvokXiXakra Guest

I am EXTREMELY PIED OFF that I have paid for my subscription and I log in to find that Everquest2 is no longer suppoertd By Windows XP.... I am unsure how to petition as this is taking away from money I did pay to play and here I am unable to play. It has worked up until this expansion..... I am sure many others are experiencing this kind of annoyance... Fix yor patcher as I was not even able to repatch. AND make it accessible once again to us less technologically advanced.. A few free subscriptions or perhaps hte new expansion packs might persuade a lonmg time going on 8 years starting wiht eq1 to return otherwise... You have lost a long time customer.
  9. ARCHIVED-XarvokXiXakra Guest

This Expansion has to be to date the most poorly planned expansion of all MMO's I have EVER played... Thank you SOE. You're becoming less polised and reilable than Blizzard. You have jumped upon the WORLD of WARCRAP fail boat.. TOOOOT TOOOOT. ALL ABOARD!
    One might begin to think you have conspired WITH Windows to get people so enthusiastic with your revamp of Freeport and ynew Beastlord (which up untit now I was so entusiastic to play) to spend upward from 60.99- to 299.99 USD Who have inadequate OS's that can't support what it once did.
  10. ARCHIVED-zinner62 Guest

I can not belive I am still crashing at Creating entities screen this was bugged many many times in the Beta by me .
    this is very very bad . You said you were going to listen to your beta testers and I see you have not
  11. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

What are you talking about when you say the game isn't supported under XP??? It runs fine under XP, at least if the system is clean and stable.
    -= Therendil =-
  12. ARCHIVED-Skull_Splitter Guest

This thing is slow as an ice blob in Frostfell!!
    The freakin file checking takes forever!!
    10x slower should be the slogan
  13. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

1. Please make the launchpad stop turning on Autoplay. I've unchecked it 3 different times now and it's really starting to annoy me. That should be an option under Settings anyways.
    2. This thing is a horrible memory hog and should auto-close when you launch the game.
    3. Replace the ad window with patch notes. The ad window is probably what's making it a memory hog anyways.
    4. Station Launcher updated faster than this... thought LP4 was supposed to be "10x faster". ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-ThelvynD Guest

Thanks Sony your launcher crashes my EQ2.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nikkjr Guest

Not a fan of this launcher myself..
    I've had problems with it auto-playing after I instructed it not to myslef, and I hate the fact that we can't chose a toon, we have to actually go through char. select.
    And trouble downloading the full version and not streaming when I decided to delete all of my EQ2 files and "Start over" (Yay for getting to set up Profit and such all over again! )
    If they would just fix a few simple problems it would be fine, but honest, do they not even test things anymore? Lol.
    Sort of like the whole situation with the new "Edit" button and Housing system.. they could have made it so when you have it disabled that not everything you scroll over in your GH/House lights up
    But I guess they figgure that's what Hot Fix's are for.
    /Ending of the frustration with SoE rant!
  16. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

Mileage certainly varies. I'm not having issues with Autoplay turning itself on, but apparently quite a few people do. I've checked memory and CPU usage on the latest build and it's honestly better-behaved than other apps I run. The update process feels slow because of the weird way the progress bar seems to follow changes. Actual stopwatch and throughput checks show that it is consistently faster than Station Launcher and especially faster than LP3. 10x faster? No, but definitely faster.
    I still agree that pre-launch character select is a must-have item. And the flaming billboard ads have to go. It is insulting to nag people who bought the darn game already. And don't get me started on the exit-to-sales-pitch 'feature' of the Free and Silver tiers. The Big Fish Games Manager has this, but they are decent enough to make it an option you can turn off.
    FWIW, I have now retired Station Launcher and use LP4 for EQ2. I'll probably keep it around for Vanguard and EQ, when I get to play those.
    -= Therendil =-
  17. ARCHIVED-Nikkjr Guest

Well, I do have to agree that the new Launcher is faster.. With Station Launcher it took anywhere from 3-4 hours if not longer? And this time it was under two.

And after reinstalling completley I now have 10GB more space then I did before..
    But never the less, I still got frustrated. Lol. Everyone says there is a toggle button on the new launcher to choose weather you want it streaming or the full download.. I must be a completle numnuts becuase I couldn't find it. Lol. I had to go back to an old download link for it to download the full game and not steaming! (http://launch.soe.com/eq2/)
    And 60% of my EQ2 friends, along with myself use Profit UI.. and for some odd reason as soon as the new launcher came out, several people were having trouble getting it to load.
    But like you said, the in-your-face-advertisement needs to go, and they need to put in a pre-launch character select.
  18. ARCHIVED-ThelvynD Guest

Things to do to improve the new LaunchPad.
    1. Pause or stop button for the rolling billboard.
    2. Character select to load directly onto a character from the Launcher.
    3. Better memory management!
    4. Update notes.
  19. ARCHIVED-earwaxking Guest

every time i run the launchpad it opens and then stops responding and closes by itself
  20. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

uninstalled and reinstalled today using the new launcher.
    2.5 hours in and im at 11%
    my normal data transfer rates float around .5 to 1 mbps
    what is taking so long?