New LaunchPad FAQ

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Yeah still nothing here either at 9:35pm eastern.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arianah Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Is the new launchpad intented to remain open once the game is running?
  4. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

So is the launchpad up yet? been in game and not updated anything sorry for being a bit dim but i thought this was supposed to update when you logged on..

/sigh
  5. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

So are we going to get a reply on why the launcher remains active after the game launches, it is eating up resouces iwth the flash player active. I thought the new launcher was not going to use flash but it clearly does.
    So is this working as intended with the launcher remaining open?
  6. ARCHIVED-quiarrah Guest

Well I just went to "download Free trial" and it looks as though I am getting the new launchpad. . . we shall see what happens. . .
  7. ARCHIVED-Arianah Guest

dawy wrote:
    Some of the older launchers don't auto update at the moment, they will all auto update (at least that's my understanding) on December 6th though. If you don't want to wait until then to get the new launcher, I posted just a couple posts above yours with a link to how to manually install it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

Dear SoE,
    Can you please AUTO CLOSE THAT LAUNCHER when the game actually launches, like the old ones did?
    Tired of having to manually close the launcher every time I load the game.
    Thanks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Felshades Guest

isest wrote:
    I just manually close it after(I play windowed since they can't seem to do a fullscreen windowed mode like WoW's) but its still annoying.
  10. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

I'd like to see the launcher minimize to the tray on launching the game.
  11. ARCHIVED-isest Guest

I don't want the launcher minimized to the try, it takes about 100k worth of memory, but the longer you leave it running the more memory the flash player eats. Take out the flash player and I might not would mind. However right now its got a memory leak the size of Texas.
  12. ARCHIVED-gourdon Guest

Dethdlr@Butcherblock wrote:
    Multi-boxing appears to be totally borked with the new launchpad. When you switch to the new account, it logs you out of the previous account, which will give an error when you zone.
  13. ARCHIVED-Zylara Guest

Today was the first day I went to pull my 2nd acct up while running the 1st acct and same as poster b4 me barely get a toon logged in and the 1st acct closed, tried again and sure enough got the 1st acct logged back in and the 2nd acct went bye bye, I tried it both ways by closing the launcher and even leaving it open and it still logs other acct out each time.
    I had no problems with previous launcher b4, so plz fix this!!!!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Kairah@Guk wrote:
    Thanks for that :) i though for now i'll wait a bit before the dreaded update
  15. ARCHIVED-Arianah Guest

dawy wrote:
    No problem :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Arslan2000 Guest

There is a reason the wife and I do not use the sodden launcher. It refused to patch the game, always stopping at 4%. Patched the new launcher and, no surprise, THE GAME WON"T PATCH!!

So, does anyone have any ideas?
  17. ARCHIVED-Adventurers_Inc Guest

Being the obsessive gamer, I am clicking the launcher to see what preloads, the new skin, and any other tidbits I can find. I love the new look of the patcher. Yep, game loaded to character slots...unexpectedly nice...I saw the lock outs too. We just need to wait until the dust settles.

Keep on the good work. GAME ON!
  18. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I use the station launcher( with all the games) and it's not patching or even updating the launcher :/
  19. ARCHIVED-Adventurers_Inc Guest

I just happened to click mine and everything changed.

I was playing on EQIIX if that makes a difference. The launcher and icon have changed to EQII now.
  20. ARCHIVED-clairebear Guest

Got the new launcher today, but it just won't download the 2gb patch despite testing our Internet speeds and getting 1mbps. Won't move past 0-1mb...