New Halfling House! Vale of Halfpint Delight!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike, May 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

I absolutely love this island! Agreed that the house is small, but it suits my purposes. I'm going to put various plants in the garden patch, some fish in the water, stones and crystals around the island, and anything else I can think of that looks harvest-like. Then I'll put Quo in the house with samples on a worktable - it'll be a place where he can find, grow, and study harvests to his heart's content! The small house will be perfect for a kid, and with the teleport-to-mara naga plushie, plus a portal to my main house, he's got easy access home or to my place for everyday needs. I might even let him invite Nathan Ironforge over to play.
    (Don't judge! I've grown oddly attatched to Qho...)
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

It is sweet but shouldn't be any bigger. A hobbit hole should be a kitchen, which also serves as a living room and bathroom, and a small bedroom or two.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hogatha Guest

Gladiolus wrote:
    Then, maybe add a couple more of these hobbit holes to the other sides and with the use of the pads, I would be satisfied :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Crombie Guest

I think I'm in love...

(wtb Halfling Racial Armor!)
  6. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

Dawnstrike wrote:
    The portal icon still shows the image for the wrong house today.
  7. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

[IMG]

The little halfpint Apheetia is kicking up her heels with delight over her new island, and her rather odd new LON beastie seems pretty content, too...there appear to be many frogs on the isle. Thanks so much for this cute little halfling habitat! I plan to have lots of fun there.
    The house actually is a bit small, and I'd be delighted if another room or two could be added. But, for me, it's the item count that is the real concern. This is a whole island! It doesn't matter that it's small, halflings are small, but they have lots of stuff. They'll be needing well-stocked and equipped kitchens, bountiful gardens, fishing boats, garden sheds, barns, too many things to mention...so their island needs lots of item count. Please consider making the item count for the halfling island the same as the Tenebrous Isle.
    Another possibility -- we could be allowed to add additional expanders to our properties. And maybe a new, giant expander could be added to the marketplace, one that would allow an extra 500 items. I'd be in favor of that!
  8. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

The first thing I thought of was a wine cellar.
    Now all we need is some grape vines to put in the garden and a house (tasting shop?)
    BUT more count for all of this to happen............
  9. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Meeba wrote:
    Yes it's a great little island, but the house is just way too small.
    I thought I'd missed the stairs down for a while so searched it again. I assumed it would be the same layout as the hobbit holes in rivervale, that descend quite some way into the ground and have a larger room at the lowest level.
    4-5 room house would be better here, after all, a hobbit has a lot of loot to hoard!
  10. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Dawnstrike wrote:
    Same here. I placed a portal in our guild hall for our guildies to use and it is showing the wrong image. I sent in /feedback about that.
  11. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

When I saw this I nearly jumped out of my seat. Finally...finally... FINALLY!!! The devs listened and added this house. And then I saw the house.. I mean closet... I mean house. Halflings do NOT live in closets! That house would be big enough to be my pantry maybe haha.
    Love the land but hate the house. Maybe we will get a couple more rooms. Expand the house by double and it would be perfect. Still great to see it, just need a true-sized Halfling House to go with it. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Nightghaunt Guest

I have to say I DO like this prestige home. But as others have said the house is a bit small (though I could live with it I guess). What gets me though is the item count. As is typical the count is way to low. The Storm Tower lsland gets 800 but not this one. The Tenebrous Island gets 800 but not this one, it only gets 500. WHY? They are basically the same. Now you might saw Tenebrous is a bigger island but, is it really? The "land" area may be a bit smaller (but not by much) but you have all the water area to work with as well. And trust me, that's a LOT of space! I swam out into the water and you can go a LONG way out. But once again, just like the Everfrost home, the count is way to low for the space.
    Please SOE would you PLEASE start giving higher item counts! You keep giving us these huge spaces to work with but not nearly enough max item limit.
    Or a much better and more feasible suggestion would be to let us use multiple expanders of each type or larger expanders.
  13. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Bhael@Oasis wrote:
    I would like to see the SC price reflect the item count. Most of the 800's are 1350 SC. This one, at 500 count, is also 1350 SC, while other like the Opera House and Library are much less. Doesnt make much sense aside from the "new" factor.
  14. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Although I love this House I think I am going to stick with the TT.

1. My house there is underway already.
    2. TT is much flatter with more options to build.
    3. I can make my house on the TT much bigger (tho mine is hobbit sized).

I commend the devs on their listening to us. I commend them on a "neat" House. BUt it looks and feel like they just threw something together fast to "appease us small folk." Have you seen the new Master Court house??? WOW!!! So many options there. This one just needs a little more, especially with its popularity among us small folk.
  15. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    Hopefully they will listen to everyone and expand the house some ( downward or more into the hill would be fine ) and maybe add a functioning front door.
  16. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Wrong land.
  17. ARCHIVED-quiarrah Guest

It is adorale and I love the hobbit house. . .. but I was a little dissappointed with the 2 rooms. . . .I was hoping for at least 4.
  18. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Dawnstrike wrote:
    Dimensional pocket is the PoTA / Portal Repairs zone.
    This is the Vasty Deep zone.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rendoir Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Vadja Guest

The house size is pretty good for some ideas I want to do. There are a lot of small items that just disappear in the larger spaces we're used to decorating. I was thinking of building a small lodge on my TT isle to house some of them, but the item limit prevents it.
    Also, unlike the TT isle, the EL isle follows the normal night and day cycle, which is what really sold it for me; love the early morning mistiness :)