New Halfling House! Vale of Halfpint Delight!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike, May 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

Woot! I love it! If we could get another room or two added it would be perfect! Also, being no doors I wonder if that means some round doors are on the way?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

I'm in love with the island! The house is very cute but very small indeed (and I am not talking about the low ceilings but the fact that there are only 2 rooms ). Please make it 4 rooms and also a high item count as there's lots of space to build upon!
    Big thanks to the Devs for this one!
  3. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I am very pleased to see this was added to the portal today! I have been posting over the last year or so asking for some racial themed housing and this is exactly what I have been wanting.
    I would love to see a functional front door put in and maybe a room or two added to the actual house ... you know how halflings can be with their kitchens and after all they need some space for when guests arrive from the shire.
    Perhaps some crops could be planted in the garden? *crosses fingers*
  4. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

It's ADORABLE! Like the others said though.. please add a functional door! (And PLENTY of item count! My halfling is a pirate and needs her ship!)

Oh, and I SO hope theese aren't raid or LON or anything like that. Quested would be GREAT.. but I'm not holding my breath!
  5. ARCHIVED-Meeba Guest

Just adding my 2c here. I toured this and the Court of the Master and what a difference. We have one zone that is insanely huge to this tiny little hovel in a hill. I almost feel like we were shown "Here, see? We can make you a halfling home, now go away." My thought is with all of these other lovely and ginormous homes why they would make this so small? Just two more rooms would have turned it from "meh" to "must haves!" for me. After all, after the kitchen and living room are set up, where is one going to sleep? :p I could also deal with the lack of door if there were more rooms. Even Bilbo had quite a few, they just went further back into the hill! :p
  6. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Meeba wrote:
    Y'know.. you're right. 2 rooms really isn't enough. As it is, I'll probably have to build an add on or add a teleport pad and build inside the hill.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sandyfoot Guest

Meeba wrote:
    Bilbo was rich and not the average Hobbit, although a meandering halfling mound waiting to be filled with treasures to outdo Bilbo would have been really nice.
    But, it is as "cute as a bug" and seems to be the answer for those wanting a smaller place that is bright and cheerful.
  8. ARCHIVED-Healani Guest

Love the island and the house, but I two would like to see a working front door and a couple more rooms in the house.
  9. ARCHIVED-KatieKatana Guest

I love the island and the house, but I agree it is just a bit to small and needs at least two more rooms and a door.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nailoo Guest

Really love this idea, but agree with the others that it is way too small.

Two rooms is tiny and the lack of a door is just weird. Even more modest halfling homes would have a cozy eat in kitchen, a warm comfortable reception room, a large pantry, a nice bathing room plus bedrooms for the master of the home as well as for a few guests.

Halflings love to be comfortable and even though Bilbo was rich, something similar to his house would be more appropriate as a presteige house.

There's a hill behind the hill that the house is set in, why not expand the home that way? A tunnel could connect the two mounds and create a seperation between the more public and private areas of the house. Also imo, there should be multiple windows added looking out over the island possibly with little built-in flower boxes. Hobbit / halfling homes are supposed to be bright, warm and comfortable even though they're underground. Two rooms, a single window and no door to keep out the sea breeze on chilly nights just doesn't make sense.

The island itself is cute though and I love the big garden patch. Hopefully you'll give us more veggies and stuff to fill it with.

p.s. It would be awesome if the prestiege homes had wall, ceiling and floor options added since people are paying extra for them.
  11. ARCHIVED-Farahn Guest

I don't think it's too small at all. If I want big there's a slew of places to look at. Rise to the challenge.
    This is the perfect home for a humble halfling, proud of his or her heritage and comfortable with the traditions of generations past. I'd rather think that if bigger were desired, that would be a sign of a halfling, discontent with who he/she is and no doubt would run from this little hobbit hole faster than one could say Ogre Toes Stink!
    A hearty thank you to the Devs that brought this beautiful little piece of property to us.
  12. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

The new house is adorable! I absolutely love the little isle it's on and the garden area too.
    I also agree that I'd like to see at least 1 more small room added though. Right now the house is smaller than a starter kelethin 2-room, and aren't halflings a bit bigger than Fae? :)
    And please, please, please, let the item count be something reasonable. 400+ at a minimum with the current 2 room plus island set-up.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

Afista wrote:
    Oh noes it should be much more than that! I am planning on building a big house on that island so it should at least be 800 items. If dungeons can hold 2000 why should we only have 400 or even 600 on prestige houses? We are paying for it
  14. ARCHIVED-Dawnstrike Guest

The item count is 500. However, the portal icon is incorrect, it shows up as the dimensional pocket expander house. I /bugged it in game.

[IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Dawnstrike, they either fixed the portal or you are talking about test or something. When I tour the house, the portal on the island shows a picture of the hillside with the round door.
    In other matters, I think this is a very cute property. Needs door, for sure, or one to buy that fits.
    I would strongly prefer if the entrance was through a gate in the hillside of the Baubbleshire. Or even click on a rock near the waterfall to make it a kind of secret island.
    I would also be happy purchasing a house in the Baubbleshire where you click on one of the many existing doors to access a simple house.
  16. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

Is this available yet ? I love the island =)
  17. ARCHIVED-Eshne448 Guest

I like this place but I have to agree with the need of a door and possibly a couple extra rooms. Hobbits need space for all their shinies. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

This hit the marketplace today. 500 item count and 1350 SC.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hogatha Guest

I wanted to get this for my halfling, but then toured it. The island itself is awesome. Love the field that is included. Unfortunately, after seeing the tiny house underneath all that island space, I was disappointed and decided to hold off. It could be at least 3 or 4 more rooms larger in size and it definitely needs a front door. I really hope this gets changed and I will have to buy one.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

msgnomer wrote:
    The portal inside the house itself is correct but someone linked the portal object, and, checking with a char on live, it is using the wrong image.