New expansion coming, can I PLEASE be a Mystic in Freeport?

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Leawyn, Oct 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    One of my favorite players that I knew back in the first year was a guardian gnome named Crunk Stinkstar. He had awesome hair and was a riot to be around and made this game fun. It goes beyond the characters, the races, the classes, and the lore for me. The right person behind the oddball class/race combo can manage to work his story into pure entertainment and comedy gold.

Halfling monk...I think Mae* has one of those in her Hobbit Army of Evil (with a wannabe evil mystic that stares longingly at the gates of Freeport, wanting to be able to walk about the city without being bothered by the guards and to not be snubbed by the bankers and merchants.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Ruckus@Unrest_old wrote:
    I certainly do. Maekita, the evil halfling monk. My evil halfling army, led by the Evil Mystic Who Can't Live in Freeport, consists of an illusionist, troubadour, warden, brigand, necromancer, monk, beastlord, assassin and shadow knight. Out of all of those, I believe only the warden (druid), brig and assassin (rolled into rogue) were capable in EQ1... the thing is, my main in EQ1 was an enchanter, who wore the permanent illusion of a halfling, and had a froglok paladin who got to share the halfling illusion when I 2boxed. So even back then, I had a halfling enchantress and halfling paladin that I two boxed =P
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

gnomes could be warriors in eq1 though as well. halflings were warriors, druids, rogues and later got to be rangers.
    the only monks in eq1 were humans and iksar.
    my only thing about halfling monks that makes the idea silly to me, is that bruisers/monks use hand to hand combat. I mean your as high as my mid calf...are your kicks really going to possibly do that much? but it's not so unreasonable or downright dumb as the Troll Wizard or the ogre brig.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I for one enjoy your informative posts Rainmare.
    But I wan't to be a Drakkin!
  5. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    LOL! Clearly you're not a dude. Trust me, there is plenty of damage to be done below the belt =P
  6. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    Mae* plays mean and dirty, which is my main (undisclosed until now) reason why I want to move to Freeport. Being on the same side as her is a lot less painful compared to being from an opposing city!
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

heh I am a dude. but a halfling, as tall as they get, the top of there cute little heads is the middle of my calf. you can't reach that particular area without jumping at least with your foot. at which point moving my knee forward would toss you on your backside.
    and your fist might reach..but I'm sure my metal codpeice will be protection enough rom your pudgy hand. while I don't think yoru leather gi is going to provided equal protection from my armored foot. which literally can hit you in the face and the chest at the same time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    It's hard to see a halfling brawler's attacking moves when you have jumjum pie in your face. They do not throw shurikens from a ranged attack...it's jumjum pie.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

It can't be jum jum pie. that'd be like a drug dealer trying to blind you by throwing his cocaine in your eyes. :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

We're getting off topic here. I'd like to bring it back around to allowing players to pick their own alignment, independant of their class. My poor lonely Mystic, leader of the evil halfling army, cannot live where the rest of her minions live. It's a sad day.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

but there are some classes that are by thier nature forced into a particular alignment, that simply isn't an alignment that can't function in thier opposing city without adopting the methods and ideology of thier opposing half, thus no longer being said alignment and becoming the other class. Mystic is one of them.
  12. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Says you.
    Things change, and lore changes, and people change. Maybe not this expansion, but soon, they can and hopefully will find a way to let all classes live together, instead of arbitrarily picking 8 classes that can't.
  13. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Maewyn@Unrest_old wrote:
    I dont see how in any way their choices have been arbitrary it's not like suddenly one dev decides to make say underdepths harder and expects the other devs to go along with it without any disscusion or debate about it.
    The reasons why those classes are restircted has been explained/ comparing a pally to a sk is like comparing an exicutioner to a murderer they are fundementally different one is abiding by the law and the other is pursued by the law.
    mystics/defilers while not as extreme as pally/sk how they treat spirits and how each city's set of acceptable behavor makes them what they are. Freeport can see the subjugation of spirits for military use as a kind of strength in the same way a master coercer can been seen as stronger in direct conflict against a master illusionist.
    it's just as much about the way each class' way of doing things as it is about the oppinon's/perceptions of citizens and the hierarchy of the cities.
    if you were a qeynosian who would you trust if you had to pick between a mystic that works with spirits in a cooprative manner of the spirit's choosing and a defiler that bends spirits to their will without regret or remorse?
    no different then say a jury being inclinded to trust the testomony of a police officer over an accused offender.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

General_Info wrote:
    I say its arbitrary because they decided to make ASSASSINS good, when their job is to kill people. They get paid to do it. I get the whole "Greater good" blah blah, Antonia bending to the pressures whatever, but if you can rationalize assassins being good enough to live in Qeynos, you can rationalize anything. It would have made FAR more sense to keep the Assassin/Ranger as evil/good and make the brigand and swash neutral.
    What I fail to see is why defilers are SOOOO evil for manipulating the spirits, but coercers are A-OK though they can manipulate and torture REAL LIVE PEOPLE. Its inconsistencies like that that drives me bonkers.