New Exp method flat out destroyed power leveling!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Blissa, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Blissa Active Member

My sk is not even geared and she pretty much 1 shots most lower level mobs and that means the person getting power leveled gets way less experience. Not only that they took away the exp bonus you use to get for fighting heroics at lower levels. Now you have to fight them at level to get the bonus.

I know Sony did this to encourage grouping but I have news for them. Most new/vet players do not want to group at lower levels. The game starts at 90+ so they need to make power leveling like it was before unless they are going to lower the experience it takes to get to 90. As it stands right now I am discouraged from making any new alts, because it takes way too much time to get to 90+ the way things are now! Which means I will be spending a lot lees SC converting spells to masters ect!
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well i used to powerlevel a toon from 1-90 in less then a day, at double xp, so it still work well, you just can´t grind up in one area. Which i don´t see the problem, at least i got none.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I think that was the point.

Unfortunately, on Guk, XP groups are already drying up as well.
  4. Blissa Active Member

Have you tried power leveling lately? Its a lot less exp then it use to be. Like I said my sk mostly 1 shots, so there is no way for the person getting power leveled to get full exp. Plus they lowered the exp you use to get while mentoring? Its going to take a lot longer then 1 day to power level to 90 the way things are now. Power leveling gets painful in the 80's because leveling gets so slow!
  5. Thalador Active Member

I really want to feel bad for you.. No wait, I don't. Powerleveling hurt the game, not helped it. All of a sudden you have a horde of <insert class here> that have no clue how to play the class. Try to enjoy the game and learn the classes.
  6. Blissa Active Member

I hate to break it to you but I have been playing the game since release day, I can play any class and play it well. They only thing Sony is doing by nerfing power leveling is discouraging people from making new alts which means less money for them long term.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

I just leveled up a 95 ranger in 3 days. I'll spend more time than that working on this stupid epic questline. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881463001

Edit: I should note that one of those days I spent working on my website so in theory, it could still be done in two days. Oh and this is me two boxing it and pulling it through dungeons. I did this for two reasons, #1 I wanted to test the nerf and #2 I wanted a second ranger, to be on this account instead of my other, (for raiding purposes). Seriously, the exp is a tiny bit slower than it was before but you only notice it after you hit level 80.

1-8: Ran through Qeynos buildings and got disco
    9-22: ran through Blackburrow
    23-30: Maulics Stronghold
    30-40ish: Crushbone Keep
    40-50: Temple of Cazic Thule
    50-60: Living Tombs & Silent City
    60-75: Den of Devourer, Nest of the Great Egg & Halls of Fate
    75-90 Karmor's Castle, The Hole, Chelsith and The Hole
    90-95 Used the AA token & Shyshrine Contested
  8. crazyeyes321 Active Member

Again I ask why lower exp for people at this point in the game? Are they planning on revamping all those old zones to make people want to play through them? Are they planning on making expansions that focus on low and mid range instead of end game? If not, in most cases slowing xp gain does not help people get to where the majority of the game is now at.

Why is it that a solo player killing greens no longer gets encounter bonuses? I can understand you not wanting mentored down toons using this method, but what about low level toons running content for the first time? Why are they penalized for killing greens?

People say that powerleveling destroyed the game, that people get to end level and do not know what they are doing. To be fair though, the age of the game is the biggest issue. And taking longer to level will not necessarily make players better, especially since the majority of leveling up is solo or molo instead of actual groups/raids.
  9. Blissa Active Member

Then I know you pretty much pled 24/7 for the last 3 days and hardly slept. I have been power leveling myself with my Furry the last 3 days and its faster leveling solo in the 80's because I cant get full group exp. I only went from 48 to 85 in 3 days because the exp sucks so bad. I use to be able to power level 1 to 90 in 1 day. Its probably going to take 2+ more days to top out 90 unless I get a ss group. For that kind of time I will just stick to the alts I already have after I am done with this one.
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Care to share your autorespawn locations?
  11. KitKat New Member

To be honest, I hate seeing BOT groups, whether it is being done for loot or for leveling. But my issue with this leveling is... I will pull my husbands toon around to get him experience because, he works all day!! He is the tank with 90% of his toons for our small but long time guild. He wants to be able to come home and enjoy the game, not worry about a SLOW grind for exp. gain. We both and others in our guild have started in EQ1 and moved to EQ2 at launch. We know our toons well, and play them well.
    I can't speak for others but for us, there are areas we won't even go to because exp. is so bad and that DOES take away from enjoying the game!
    Its just as we have always seen with SOE over the years. For some reason... SOE/Devs will always mess up what is working fine and NEVER fix what is broken.
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

What is a BOT group?
  13. KitKat New Member

Sorry, shouldn't of posted that... Was just meaning a group you see with just one person at one of the toons. And its funny, you will always know such group... looks like "train" of toons.
  14. Blissa Active Member

(Updated posted since you updated your original post)All I can say is I know for a fact you were doing it 24/7 and sleep depriving your self. I have power levels tons and I do mean tons of alts for myself and friends and I can tell you its a LOT slower now. So slow that power leveling is not even worth the effort any more. I DON't want to spend days power leveling some one in game, I have better things to do with my time.
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

Not at all. I take Morphine and weather I like it or not I will be drooling on my pillow at least 8 hours a day. Then there's food, laundry, showers (ok scratch the shower part), etc.
  16. Grumble69 Member

The removal of the group penalty was a really good thing. It's by far the fastest way to grind xp. There is finally a solid incentive to group. But they should have left it alone right there. While there are some bad aspects to PL'n, there are some good sides to it as well.

I have a feeling that this is really going to hit SOE in their SC pocketbook. Who is going to need to purchase vitality potions now? The PL population is certainly not going to be unlocking new character slots if it's going to take a fair amount of time to grind up an alt. This is really a lose-lose change.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

And I wouldn't run a BOT group if people would let you group with them.
    Elhai likes this.
  18. KitKat New Member

Believe me, I agree with you... I have seen to often were my husband was denied a group because, "his toon didn't meet the standards" for the group. Another thing imo that SOE/Dev messed up... Grouping is all about stats now. And I hate that! Grouping used to be fun, way back.... but not now.
    And the thing is, you can't better a toon without the help of groups but not to many people in this game are willing to help anymore and that's sad.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If your toon isn't up to standards of a group, why should they take you? Its not like its actually hard any more to get the gear (Do questline + solo instances).

Just be glad that this expansion has taken a turn in which all heroic content is clearable by 6 random people with no real requirement on a good set up and nothing is a challenge.
  20. KitKat New Member

And why should there be "standards" to have fun and enjoy the game?? It wasn't like that back in the day. This game has taken a turn for the worse over years and it shouldn't be like that.
    What would it hurt for folks to say, "oh I see you could use a few upgrade, want some help?" But that doesn't happen in this game.
    Salavar and Feylone like this.