New EQ2 Player - Old MMO Player...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Woofdand, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

To get an idea about guild benefits, head out to the Antonica docks by the lighthouse, or the Commonlands docks and visit a few guild halls.

If you make a character on Crushbone, head to Antonica and check out the Storms of Vengeance hall.
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle and Freeport are the 2 with the most population. AB is the roleplaying preferred. My main server is Guk has a decent population during the time I play but I do have 2 toons on Antonia Bayle I love the server population there have been very helpful. as for which class, test them out to maybe 20 or so pick the one you like the most. My main on Guk is a Ranger used to have a guardian but since I'm not really into being a MT and I love my Ranger("I Was Rolled That
    way." Jethal Silverwing reference) so no matter what other class I choose I find I enjoy my favorite is always going to be my Ranger. Not sure if you are going to go gold but if you are f2p I'd defiantly spend the $5 to become silver so you have 4 character slots to play with. if you go gold you'll have 7. if you are free to play you have your choice Guardian/Beserker for Tank, Templar/Inquistor for healer, Wizard/Warlock for mage and Swashbuckler/Brigand for scout. I don't have a plate tank so can't tell you which woudl be better but for healing either Templar or Inquisitor is wanted Inquisitors are easier to solo while leveling. for mages both have their place and well lets just say I couldn't decide between them so I have both although I"ve only maxed my warlock so far. of the scout choices for f2p I find the Swahsbuckler a little easier but am working on a brigand. if you are Gold then you have all the classes to work with and all the races. so play around and choose what you like best.

and if you roll on Guk, just ask if Alenna is on in any form I try to keep an eye on 1-9 chat when I'm there to help out anyone new to the game. but due look up the sites mentioned to see what a rich world you are getting yourself into.
  3. Woofdand New Member

Any helpful guilds on Freeport?
  4. Woofdand New Member

oh I did go Gold and have been messing with a few classes but am still not really sure but have a few now to level 8 on various servers.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

that's cool, it will help you decide if you want to buy the class that is not one of the free ones. let us know which class(es) you decide on.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It's really hard to get a feel for a class by level 8 though. At that point each class essentially plays exactly like the other classes in their archtype.
  7. Woofdand New Member

yeah... I can't figure out how and when to use all these attack skills. As in a rotation and combination thingies that pop-up on the right side of my skill for chains? Makes no sense.
  8. Woofdand New Member

Alenna, I created a Shadowknight on Guk but am unsure how to use chat still yet but will try now, but just incase my characters name is Kovack.
  9. Gaarysal Active Member

I'm assuming the "pop-up on the right side" you're referring to is the Heroic Opportunity. These are not skill chains, they are chances at small bonus damage or buffs if you hit certain things. At high levels they are completely obsolete (it is a very old system that has not scaled with the game or been updated). You can simply ignore that skill all together.
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Properly used they can be quite beneficial, even at higher levels. They just take a lot of practice and coordination to get right so most people ignore them. Heroic Opportunities ARE chain attacks of a sort and when soloing they can often mean the difference between success and death. Any extra bonus is still a bonus. Get in the habit of using them. When ever you or someone in your group starts one, the abilities that can forward the chain begin to blink.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

You know, the heroic opportunities always seem to confuse new players. They confused me back in the day until I finally figured out what it was trying to tell me. I recently talked a friend of mine into playing EQ2... he had the same issue with the heroic opportunities. They really aren't explained very well in the game at all, and do go largely forgotten at higher levels... although I will still occasionally see someone set off a chain in group or raid...
  12. Woofdand New Member

yeah very confusing...
  13. Woofdand New Member

Well I am level 13 now and have not gotten a mount yet. Are you sure you get one around level 10?

Also I managed to some how find Freeport and the housing stuff which is pretty cool how you can decorate but have no real use I guess for it still.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Ah, quest mounts are level 20 at the end of the newbie zone questlines I think.
  15. SentinelBasch Active Member

I'm on Guk, too, it's a very friendly community. If you have any questions on the game, feel free to ask - you'll almost always get a response. Good luck to you. :)
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

I actually have a young iskar shadowknight (Saharla) I love getting on her when i just want to have some fun. well you will automatically if you look at your text chat window you will see something like 1-9(#) the # being the number you put after keying / and then type what you want to say. my main is Alenna and after this weekend i'll be on her a lot right now i'm leveling up my monk Fyona.

SentinelBasch is right I have found that Guk is a very friendly community it may not have the largest population but baring the few trolls that happen anywhere it is a good server to be on and next to Anotonia Bayle's our guides( who volunteers who add a little quests here to add some spice to norrath) are the best