New E-Day Achievements Nerfed

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Blue_Rio, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Really, there are holiday achievements I cannot complete because I cannot bounce around, or cannot jump or whatever some achievements need. I have resigned to the fact I will NEVER complete them, at least you can level to eventually complete these.:rolleyes:
    Deveryn and Aivet like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If I wanted to play a jumping game, I would play "Prince of Persia" or Sonic the Hedgehog", so I agree with you.
    Deveryn, suka and Kuulei like this.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Then there's WoW where you have to complete a bunch of achievments to enable a flying mount. Way too many jumping quests involved in getting those treasures for me, so I'll never get flight enabled in Draenor.

For EQ2 my poor Arasi had troubles in that one CoE instance with the pillars to hop between because of the racial glide ability. She just overshot every spot I expected her to land :). Needless to say, that was not a zone she was farming in.
  4. Darcmoon Member

The 'Candy Crusher' achievement from The Nights of the Dead was similar. My low levels didn't have a chance of killing the mobs in Jarsath Wastes.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

no, they are talking about the slayer achievements. there are only a few mobs not found in higher levels - but they did add this to specifically be something that higher level players, most of whom have already done all of the lower quests, can participate in. these give titles, not erollisi coins. there are plenty of quests and acheievements to accomplish at lower levels. i have toons of all levels and find plenty to do.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

one thing you are overlooking and i tested it. with L&L, when i took my low level toons to a place they were greatly outleveled (usually during the harvest obsession quests) and i had to kill creatures to protect them, although the body drops were lootable, the other parts that don't drop but finished the quest, simply did not drop for them. and if i auto-declined, the mobs dropped very few body parts. however, if i went and got the equivalent arena pet for the ones they needed the body parts for (there are 24 different races in the arena pets gotten from various zones) they could summon the creatures with the creature conjurer in the guild hall to get those elusive pieces - no matter what level they were. usually when they create a quest or achievement of that type, they also create a way to achieve it.

but if some things can't be done until you are higher, then you have something to look forward to. you have to remember that although the devs are the same, this is really a "new" company and they aren't trying to carry on past traditions. they are wanting to make a new statement. there is nothing wrong with some quests in any holiday being geared to higher levels, it isn't logical to expect people to be happy doing the same quests every year or only having quests and achievements geared to lower levels
  7. suka Well-Known Member

yeah half elves have problems jumping. i can't jump hardly at all. one turnoff in certain festival quests in rift was the need to make my mount jump and i couldn't seem to do it. someone took pity on me and summoned me, but i only did those on one toon. i haven't had any interest in repeating them although i liked the rewards
  8. Adevil Well-Known Member

Completing L&L quests has nothing to do with the point that I was making. Of course you can't get the "find" parts that aren't body drops without actually being in a level range of either the mob or the mentor to get kill credit.

My point was that the candy drops like the body parts do. You don't need to be at level and get kill credit to be able to loot the candy for the achievements.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I finished two L&L quests on grey mobs yesterday and got "find" parts... in Butcherblock with a level 100 toon.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

Higher level mobs are a different matter :) I didn't specify that because the main complaint from the OP was that he couldn't complete things due to his low level.
    Prissetta likes this.