New E-Day Achievements Nerfed

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Blue_Rio, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Blue_Rio New Member

Since when do any of the special live event achievements in EQ2 leave the low level toons out of the loop and unable to complete them ?
    Seriously, they require traveling all over Norrath to kill mobs, that low levels can not even begin to get to, let alone survive.
    And, it must be completed during the 10 days of the event to be able to get the " holiday drops" to begin with.
    These "new" achievements are definitely NOT fair to ALL players. Shame on you DB, shame on you !!!
    I certainly hope you do NOT repeat this same mistake on all the rest of the holidays coming up.

P.S. I am not a new player with only low level toons, I state these issues with fairness for ALL players in mind.
    I did not even begin to get into how "mob wiping", competing for drops, faction ratings; alignment issues, RP issues etc are just another "can o' worms"for some players.
    Please don't even begin to use the excuses of guildmates helping, or, joining a guild for a week to get these done, or grouping runs, boxing, etc.
  2. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Most or all of those requirements can, unless I'm mistaken, be achieved in lower zones. Notice several of them repeat element--the same drop updates each. And don't forget the level agnostic zones.
    suka likes this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Why does everything have to be accessible to every level?

Sometimes there are perks to being a higher level.
    Treiko, suka, Kuulei and 3 others like this.
  4. Blue_Rio New Member

You are very mistaken.
    Everything doesn't but the " live events" always have been. That is one of the points to them, something special that EVERYONE can participate EQUALLY in.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

The holiday fun events are supposed to be for everyone, there are plenty of perks for the endgamers. Maintaining entertainment value for new people and those who chose another brand of playstyle has come many times from the holiday events :)
    SierraDawn, Faeonara and Blue_Rio like this.
  6. Aivet Well-Known Member

Since when has love been fair?
    SierraDawn, suka, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  7. Louly Well-Known Member

As far as I know there are two new quests. For lower levels one is in BB by Lfay and the other on the TS docks. I took a lvl 16 wizard and had no problems getting to or doing the quest. They are also I think in Sundered frontier? But are the same quests. Maybe I'm wrong but I did the two new quests at low level and got two nice presents.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

All is fair in love and war. ;)

Folks are pouting over the new achievements for picking up candy in places like Velious and Thalumbra. When a person's life is so shattered by not being able to get a title, I think it's time to step back and look at your life. :p
    Anaogi and suka like this.
  9. Louly Well-Known Member

ohhh ok :) was hoping to help. Well such is life sometimes can't always have everything. And it's silly to pout over something like that
  10. Blue_Rio New Member

We are talking Achievements here not Quests
  11. Blue_Rio New Member

We are discussing the achievements, NOT the quests.
  12. Blue_Rio New Member

Somehow it would seem most folks have totally forgotten the whole point to the" holiday " achievements, and quests. They have ALWAYS been available to ALL players, regardless of levels. Now , suddenly for whatever reasons,, DBG has started a new precedent that blatantly makes it impossible for lower levels to finish them. In other words,, the entire " flavour" of the holiday series, that has been an established standard all these years, is suddenly tossed away.
  13. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Not sure if it helps, but as I recall the special instance of Nek Castle (which tiers to level) can drop any candies or love notes. I completed one of the achievements before I even looked to see that collecting different candies and notes WAS an achievement. I haven't fully tested it to see if it drops Thalumbra ones as well, but I mean... low level toons have ways of completing the achievements if you don't mind grinding, as far as I can currently tell.
  14. Aivet Well-Known Member

Odd, I didn't hear you complaining about the fact that a quest series during frostfell required owning ToT, which is based not on your in-game level, but how much actual real humanworld currency you have. Nor that for some years, creating the mastercrafted versions of the rusty weapons you get during tinkerfest requires 400 tinkering, which means at least 80 in either adventuring or crafting; hardly low-level.

If the disappointment you feel from missing the few achievements that you can't get on your lower level toon(s) outweighs the joy you get from the rest of the quests and crafting from holidays, then I'm not sure what to say. What I will say, is that if you group up with a high-level toon, they can kill stuff and you can loot the bodies for the achievements. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there willing to help you get these achievements.

For my own low-level toons, I've derived a lot of fun and satisfaction from figuring out exactly which achievements I can get, where to find the associated mobs, and generally spending a lot of time around places I don't often visit*. So for me, the "flavour" of the holidays has only been increased with these new achievements.

* And when I do, it's usually very briefly and at high speed.
    Deveryn, suka and Ceyllynn like this.
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

Good point.

I haven't played this holiday on live at all, but aren't the notes and candy body drops like L&L pieces are? If they are, can't a low level just group with a high level and then loot the goodies? Or is the acheivement like quests, and the low level doesn't get credit if the high level is too high?

Edit: NM. Aivet already confirmed this method of completing the acheivement :D
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Some of the Chronoportals* don't allow all level characters to go into the zones, well I mean... iirc you can go in but the mobs will eat your face if you can't take them on. :p I have some low level alts that won't see those achievements for a long time. Frostfell had a new quest that if didn't own ToT couldn't do the quest/achievement.

When I choose to keep an alt at a low level, I know I won't be able to do everything that my level 100s can do. It's a choice I make and I deal with those limitations.

EDIT * - I think that's the right event (it's the one that takes you into old zones celebrating old timey stuff)
  17. kloree Member

if you have the upgraded pony (holiday harvest quest) he will bring in the stuff needed for the achievement also it gave it to me when I took out of the box to go and ts in my gh. my baby 32 necro did it
  18. Adevil Well-Known Member

So 1 candy can be used to update the achievement for all of your toons just by pulling it out of a harvest depot and putting it back in?
  19. Aivet Well-Known Member

While the upgraded pack pony will give you the candy & notes needed for the shattered lands achievement, you certainly shouldn't be able to get the achievements from pulling stuff out of a depot. I've tried it; doesn't work with any of the depots I've tried. Nor does it work with trading or buying from the broker. (Incidentally, 8p for the cheapest candy/notes? Really? That's just ludicrous.) If you are in fact getting the achievements from pulling them out of depots, then that's a bug.
    suka likes this.
  20. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the point of some of the achievements is to give you a reason to look forward to next Eday WITHOUT them having to toss in a dozen new things every year.

and yes, in many cases, 1 note or candy will update multiple achievements. for example, get a dwarf candy, it updates the shattered lands one, and the velious one, and the faydwer one. Droag will update Ethernere and KoS, etc. they added 2 new quests. one in SF, one in BB. both are in areas easily gotten to, and both have mobs that 'tigger' so they are whatever level you are, so low levels can do them.

you couldn't do the Thalumbra Frostfell without being 100 cause you have to do certain portion of the sig lines for crafting or adv so the guards in outer/inner maldura don't kill you, since everyone starts of KoS to them.

the of the achievements for Eday, they are tiered. the higher you are, the more you can do, mostly because of specific notes/candies (like Gehein/Immolated/Aerakyn) so there's an incentive to level up. though I imagine agnostic zones, since the did put in ToT ones, could/can drop the candies/notes as well so you can get them at lower levels. maybe not like level 10 or 15 ( I think agnostics start at 20?) but it is doable.
    suka and Kuulei like this.