New Bow Listing

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Zizzu, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

I want to take over the bow chart since the old one will not be updated by the previous owner. I'll copy most of the important facts and chart. Feel free to add new bows from the new expansion. I have already added the new Avatar bow from TSO.

[IMG]

** Rating - The Damage Ratio listed on in-game links. This is the value many rangers use to decide which bow to equip, but is a poor indicator of actual bow damage. Calculation: (Min+Max)/Delay

** Avg - Average Non-Critical Damage per Hit. Calculation: (Min+Max)/2

** CritBonus100 - Damage Modifier if 100% of hits were Critical. For example, a value of 1.67 indicates that if 100% of your hits were Critical, your auto-attack would do 67% more damage (average over many attacks) than if none of your hits were Critical. This formula is lifted directly from Leanan's Critical Damage post (an excellent read) found here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=353709. I won't explain the specifics of this calculation here because Leanan goes into perfect detail in his post. Calculation: ((((Max/1.3)-Min)/(Max-Min))*(Max)+(1-(((Max/1.3)-Min)/(Max-Min)))*(1.15*Max))/((Max+Min)/2)

** CritBonus50 - Damage Modifier if 50% of hits were Critical. This means that, on average, half of all auto attacks will do critical damage. If 100% Critical hits add 67% to your total auto-attack damage, 50% crits will add half that, or 33.5% to your non-critical auto-attack damage. This is also part of Leanan's work. I based my bow comparison numbers on a Ranged Crit of 50% because it's a middle-of-the-road value, and happened to be the average ranged crit % value I achieved in one run of Crypt of Agony (when I didn't use Focus Aim as often I could have). If the ranged crit were changed to 25% or 75%, bows with large damage spreads would see differences in their ranks, but it usually only moved them up or down a few spots in the list. Calculation: (CritBonus100-1)*0.5+1

** W/Crits - Average Damage per hit, accounting for 50% Critical Hits. The Damage Modifier applied to the Average Damage. Calculation: Avg*CritBonus50

** APM - Attacks per Minute. Based on bow Delay, how many hits occur in one minute. This entire process assumes 100% of auto attacks hit, which is almost never true, but accounting for a lower hit percentage would lower all numbers proportionately, so hit percentage does not need to be accounted for. This equation is directly from Effidian's work. Calculation: 60/Delay

** DPM - Damage per Minute. Also from Effidian's work. If each hit does the damage listed in w/Crits, and hits occur at the rate listed in APM, this is how much damage will be done per minute. This would be the final number needed for bow comparisons if it weren't for the "broken" arrow mechanics. Calculation: w/Cirts*APM
  2. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Dropped in Necrotic Asylum off Captain Hamyr (if I'm remembering correctly, it's been a few weeks).
    \aITEM 1829571219 1255038526:Zech's Shortbow of Accuracy\/
    Sorry that I don't have a screen shot, my hosting company has gone a bit flakey with permissions, but it's a 4.5 second delay with +2 RDA and +2 RC. Damage rating is 108.7 (98-391).
  3. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

It's no prob. I'll add to the list.
  4. ARCHIVED-Alweynn Guest

There's a Glacial Bow of The Keep, but I can't find it linked online anywhere. I'll have to pull a link from in-game. It's from Frostfell 2008-09. Since it's "seasonal," I don't know if you're interested in putting it on there, but I think it's worth listing. I'll try to remember to link it here when I get a chance. If someone has Station Players access:
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...m?itemId=401933
  5. ARCHIVED-Jeckson Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Rhodan@Nagafen wrote:
    I agree. I don't get either. The bow is real close DPM "wise" and the bonus are nice especially the proc.
    I'll update the 2 bows listed shortly. I need to get the stats on them and then add them to the excel sheet.
  7. ARCHIVED-WebinKaltani Guest

I'm glad you guys (Zizzu currently) have embraced my spreadsheet and keep it alive and updated :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Webin@Befallen wrote:
    Thanks! It's a great spreadsheet and easy to update.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kordolmer Guest

I got this bow today while doing the daily double and thought it might be a good bow to add to the list.

\aITEM -314980717 1476529191:Skullsplitting Headache\/a
    Dropped by
    The Eidolon of Depravity (Befallen: Halls of the Forsaken)

Lotharian 80 Ranger New Outriders guild Mistmoore Server
  10. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Kordolmer wrote:
    Thanks.
    Spreadhseet updated.
  11. ARCHIVED-Alweynn Guest

Here's the in-game link to the Glacial Bow of the Keep:
    \aITEM 1278348602 -800135838:Glacial Bow of the Keep\/a
  12. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Don't forget the Bloodwood Bow of Sternum Piercing. It's player made, so should be the minimum that any level 80 Ranger is using:

Min Dmg: 155
    Max Dmg: 876
    Dmg Spread: 5.65
    APM: 6.67
    Delay: 9 seconds
    Dmg Rating: 114.56
    Stats: +35 STR, +35 INT, +145 health, +145 power, +2 Ranged Crit, +2 Ranged Double Attack
    Procs: None
  13. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Adeyia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Added.
    I'm assuming this MC bow is level 80?
  14. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Zizzu wrote:
    Yes, it's a level 80 bow.
    It's a commission only bow from a Woodworker who has 40k+ faction with Far Seas Trading Co. The recipe is a 5 shot item from the vendor, but once they run out it's easy enough for the Woodworker to buy another one.
    It requires 3 x Bloodwood Planks as the rares.
    EDIT: The link in-game for the bow is:
    \aITEM -1919559423 -238515351:Bloodwood Bow of Sternum Piercing\/a
  15. ARCHIVED-Gotheosis Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

17. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

\aITEM -1643805741 1584840189:Abyss Charged Bolt Thrower\/a

From OOA last named
  18. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

glowsinthedark wrote:
    Added.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Added Tendon Strung Longbow from Befallen (NA).
  20. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

Elweynn@Kithicor wrote:
    Don't forget that the stats change for every tier of the Keep Bows. Mine is level 52 right now, and is the Ice-pelting Bow of the Keep