Need For a New Good City Now?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Rivervale is too badly positioned for a newbie zone similiar to neriak. It opens straight on to a T4 zone, you would need to revise Enchanted lands as well, making it a T2 equivalent of DLW/Ant/CL.

Any new good starter city will be a fully new city... most likely just off Antonica/TS in a similiar arrangement to Neriak.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Vonotar@Butcherblock wrote:
    I'd say its more likely the next good city will be sometime next year, either free content addition of Halas or more likely a good city will be available in the next expansion which I think is likely to be Odus.
  3. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Wildmage wrote:
    Halas as a free content addition is my guess too (as per my earlier posts). Most likely in a location to the east of Antonica (behind the SH mountains).
  4. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

Taear@Venekor wrote:
    Most people don't live there. It's kind of a PITA to get citizenship for and it's too removed from much of the content to be of use.
    However, I believe a neutralish city that wasn't annoying to get into and was positioned to be at least comparably easy to get to content from would go over well.
  5. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    They do plan for the map to be full screen however it WILL NOT be void of info, they are talking things like live search for quest locs and stuff, again all in the early planing stages, however they are talking to the EQ2maps people so that THEY can add the Spoiler stuff to the map as well as the stuff that SoE puts on it.
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Vonotar@Butcherblock wrote:
    Accually I think RV is big enough for content from 1-20ish, but consitering that would still make EL Red to anyone leaving RV, as its a 30+ zone they would have to Drop EL from T4 to T3 or make it a combo zone and keep the back area T4 while the area near RV and the area between RV and the Docks T3.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sassinak Guest

If they want to make Rivervale a starting zone, then I suggest they push a new exit at the east end of Rivervale, connecting to Nektulos Forest somewhere near the beach.

Put level 1-20 content in Rivervale itself (it is as big as Darklight Wood after all)
    Let the players walk into Nektulos for 20-30
    Let the players walk into EL for 30-40
    Make Tower of the Drafling a level 20-30 dungeon (precursor to Runnyeye)

Here's how it could lay out, with the zone maps roughly to scale:

[IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    The new good city should be found in Antonica. That would make it about right.
  9. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Regarding the whole neutral race thing, I think the city will still be evil, like FP or Neriak, but you will find Kerrans, Gnomes, Humans, (anymore neutral races?) starting there, but with evil class selections only.
  10. ARCHIVED-StrafaeSwiftleaf Guest

Sassinak wrote:
    I love your idea sir
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Sassinak wrote:
    Umm.. It's not like Nektulos forest is right next door. They're miles away from each other. Entire seas seperate the two continents, remember?

Anyways, as mentioned above, turning Rivervale into a starting city would require changing Enchanted Lands into a T2 zone.
  12. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    not to mention having to completely restructure several heritage quests plus several other multizone quests, It WONT HAPPEN! drop it already, if they add a good city it WILL NOT BE RIVERVALE, get over it. Rivervale, Kaladim AK`anon and Felwithe have fallen this isn't EQ1 their lost to us. If your that nostalgic for Rivervale go play EQ1 again.
    ps. If they added Halas my guess is that it would be north of Antonica on its own island probably west of Everfrost, probably with a connecting tier 1-2 zone made out of the old canyons. of Everfrost.
  13. ARCHIVED-StrafaeSwiftleaf Guest

according to a Barb in the scale Yard your beloved Halas in under water...
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Rengots@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    According to Vhalen, it's above water and reclaimed, but not close to Everfrost anymore.
  15. ARCHIVED-StrafaeSwiftleaf Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Cool... I always hate when such things are changed and the ingame content conflicts *shrugs* as for a note on rivervale,.. maybe the changes are not needed for a starting city, but rather, one could just MajDul it and live there after a certain level. But im sure it wont happen any time soon.
  16. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Random npc's can only tell you what they *think* has happened. Just because a random barbarian says Hallas is sunk doesn't mean that he's right.

Anyhow, apologies for the necro-post but Gorrowyn has been confirmed as an evil city of same faction as Freeport:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...385252î¡ž

So I guess we can expect a LU delivered good city in the same way as we received Neriak.

The only question is how long the Dev's will listen to 'Good only' players complaining that Evils have one more city than them.
  17. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Possible balancing of the cities: (confirmed/live parts in yellow)

QEYNOS - Good, KOS Evil, Original City, 4 Writ Factions
    FREEPORT - Evil, KOS Good, Original City, 4 Writ Factions

KELETHIN - Good-Neutral, No KOS, EOF New City, New Continent, Distanced from old world zones, 4 Writ Factions
    GORROWYN - Evil-Neutral, No KOS, ROK New City, New Continent, Distanced from old world zone, 4 Writ Factions

"HALAS" - Good, KOS Evil, ROK + 6 months GU, Borders Antonica & Thundering Steppes (possibly east of Antonican Mountains), 1 'City' Writ Faction
    NERIAK - Evil, KOS Good, EOF + 6 months GU, Borders Commonlands & Nek Forest (north of Commonlands Mountains), 1 'City' Writ Faction

The more I think of it... the more convinced I am that Gorrowyn is going to be the evil version of Kelethin, with a good version of Neriak (Hallas) soon after.
  18. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

More info....

Savanja: We've heard that the Sarnak will be a neutral race. Being as such, will good and evil classes be starting in the same area?
    Scott Hartsman: That was one of the ideas that we were working with through the initial prototype, but it didn’t work out cleanly in practice since so many parts of EQ2 require cities to be strongly tied to good or evil.

Therefore, the Sarnak are considered Evil from the point of view of the existing residents of Norrath. Their race is predominantly concerned with what’s going on in Kunark, and not yet concerned with what’s happening elsewhere in the world. As such, their home city of Gorowyn is remarkably tolerant of outsiders of both alignments, as long as they’re not overtly hostile.
    Link
    This backs up the idea that Gorrowyn and Kelethin will be 'similiar' in that they are both tollerant towards people of all alignments.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

So we are looking at possibilities for Halas or Rivervale with Halas seeming to be in the lead, (Means they would have to add a 1-20 area and bell in the eastern mountains and a breakthrough cave to the current Everfrost.)
    Either that or perhaps the Vhalen eluded to Gatekeep will become avalible east of Dead River docks and possibly showing what happened to the Antonican Spires. It would also be in keeping with having the new cities close to the originals.
  20. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Magnamundian wrote:
    Please define your idea of tolerant, since Kelethin is KOS-Evil unless you manage to get your faction up high enough to just break out of it. Since most of the guards are greyed-out for capped characters, people think it is good-nuetral.

I think what SoE is trying to say is that goodies will not be KOS in Gorowyn. No faction magic required.