Need AA help! Explosives or Hastening 1st? How often does Aftershock trigger?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Vy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Well good news then, cause i leveled an illusionist to his 20s last month, and didn't get any AA for names until i hit 20.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sesskia Guest

I would expect its possible. A guildy hit 100 AAs by lvl 67-68. Depends on how you play. If your solo kill grind, you are going to lose the AA you could potentially be earning by questing and doing name kills.
  3. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

The only thing i don't like about the explosive line is it makes me a heck of a hate argo. At 68 i have most of my high damage spells at master 1. The shadowknight tanking said," just try to break my deathmarch master 1", i proved him wrong real fast. So it makes me watch what i'm casting, i usually go all out when i see we are in trouble. Last night my aftershocks seemed to go off about every fight and sometimes more then once. I love it i'm working on the haste line in the sorcerer tree now.
  4. ARCHIVED-MagicalMayham Guest

[p]Ok well I've been a warlock for a very very long time now (over 2 years) and have went through about every aa combo you could in this game and have found that while some seem great they really aren't as great as they seem...when i frist looked at the explosive and hastening lines they both seemed great to me but after experiencing them and testing them out I have found that for the warlock aa's if you want to help out a grp or in my case a raid thier is a better way to go. Fo me I have a dirge also which everyone knows is a buff bot so i think alot abut things to help the ground and or raid. When i chose lines I ended up going w/ the line that seemed to help the raid or group the most so I went w/ the group buff for 3% to all trigger chaces...many ppl have overlooked this one but this one is actuallly one of the best out thier....mystics pay 20 aa's to have this for just one person while we pay 20 and get this for the whole grp. This spel and the spells in the line increases my buffs to 37% for one 3.4 times a min and 17% for the other from what they were....this spell also affect anyone elses buffs in the grp that have any proc on them...meaning as an overall your group does more dps and the mobs are killed faster. I also went for the deaggro/aggro buff which affects all your de-aggro's but also affects any taunts or anything else dealing w/ aggro. As a very smart monk once said w/ the monk proc hate gain stance and increase proc and increase aggro from me they can keep aggro agianst almost anything. I am serious when i say our monk does keep aggro 2, anymore we dont take plate tanks to labs we have the monk do it and all trash in Death-toll is done buy our monk. From my experience with raiding and grouping I prefer these 2 because I feel that they overall help the raid and groups dps more then me casting faster once every 3 mins or me procing an after shock on only certain spells that can't be used all the time. When you combine these 2 w/ the str. and agi lines w/ the 4th spot maxed you can get some serious dps. On average in a raid on a single target mob I am doing 1.5k and on grp mobs it ranges but 4k is easily done if not more.[/p][p]If your soloing the hastening line isn't bad but just remember its only once every 3mins and it roots you so no running away. [/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Astornoth Guest

[p]WOW....if I read this correct,U say U got monk that tanks in labs ..groups of epics w/o encounter taunt (sic!)..and U can pull 4k+ DPS??? ..I have trained explosive line fully which gived me extra 10% of damage 2 all my AoE(got all AoE`s master and 550int solo 600 under alchemist stuff) and NEVER saw 4k DPS on group ....even if mean more then 2k+ DPS on encounter with monk tanking U`ll DRAW AGRO ALWAYES!!!!!..[/p][p]I have trained that deagro lines in warlock tree ..+15% to all agro and de-agro skills ...and it wasn`t work very well ..specelly for raid when U simply can`t be in MT group so one half of that skill will be wasted.So I trained hastening line and saw huge improvment of my DPS and deagro alsaw...If I`m under spell focus deagros are casted even before 3-rd tick of apocalypse hits the mob.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Unless that 4k parse is on a group of heroics like the ones in Lyceum before Vilucidae, or a group of heroic worms from a trap in DT, i'd call BS on it.