Need AA help! Explosives or Hastening 1st? How often does Aftershock trigger?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Vy, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Vy Guest

[p]So far I really love my baby Warlocks. I have been concentrating really hard on getting as many lvl 10+ quests and Lore & Legend stuff done as I can manage to maximise my AA exp. My question is this: I play duo-box Warlocks, and 80% its just me. The rest of the time I am helping family or the guild. It would be rare for me to join a group with someone I did not know. I really love the Explosives line and would like to know how often does Aftershock trigger? And how much less damage then the original does it do? Is there good cause to go the Hastening route before Explosives? (Odds are Ill max these 2 lines before touching anything else)[/p][p]Also if anyone would be willing to help or comment on my other post, it would be greatly appreciated :thumbup: GO Warlocks!! http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=348429 [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Koehianna Guest

If most of the time you're two-boxing Warlocks, then I'd max out Hastenings before Explosives. The abilities you get in Hastenings are more effective for soloing. Vy wrote:
    I'd recommend maxing out your KoS lines first. Those are more helpful than most of the stuff you get in your Warlock AAs.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vy Guest

Lasie@Blackburrow wrote:
    Thanks Koehiana, I will look into that. I'd imagine by KoS line you mean, Str/Agi, or Str/Wis. I still haven't looked at them carefully yet.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vy Guest

[p]Does anyone out there have any info on Aftershock?[/p][p]I'm really hoping a few people can tell me how effecive it is.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Vy Guest

[p]Edit: Double post. Dumb network here.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

[p] coulda swore was a thread on this topic someonere in here.. might of been in another class discussion i read it .. but to my memory people were reporting aftershock having 2-8% of their overall DPS and its resists rate (since it's magic based) in the 5-10% range, all this is all off of memory so to get a more acurate number you'd have to search the thread, or parse yourselfe for how much it effects you. My paser seems to need updating and I'm too lazy to walk to the husbands comp and look it up =p.[/p][p] I got explosives as the second line (after Sorcerer STR/Invoker line), all I did with this toon was group with dedicated AE group so to me it made sense to have my AE/AoE's maxed. I actually maxed out most of the warlock tree before going back to Sorcerer tree, but now that I'm raiding the Sorcerer tree is making a big difference (almost done with the AGI/Spell shifter line now) 92 aa's total.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Here is a little info on aftershocks. The numbers are slightly skewed, maybe 5% lower than they should be, because after we killed Vyemm a fury dropped from raid and attacked me, which went on for a while since he kept using Pact and running away. My EXT DPS: 1672.64 My DPS: 1887.94 EXT DPS From Aftershocks: 55.94 DPS From Aftershocks: 63.14 In short, if you are going down the explosives line already, which i think is important because its a big boost to all your AE damage and range, its is well worth the extra 1 point to get aftershocks. With that said, if you don't intend to go down the explosives line, it would be a total waste to do so JUST for aftershocks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vy Guest

[p] That is some good info. From that I can deduct the following:[/p][p]At lvl 23 my parser tells me I get about 400 dps (not constant, it fluctautes a lot), so 400 DPS is what I remember. Your DPS is about 4.7 times as much as mine. If your Aftershock is also about 4.7 times as much damage it would add ab out 13 DPS to my total.[/p][p]This being said Aftershock should boost my DPS from 400 to 413, however It already varies by more than that value each battle.[/p][p]Since I am playing 2 Warlocks simultaeneously, the chances for it to benefit me seem very marginal.[/p][p] [/p][p]I will get it, but not until after lvl 50 and I put my points into Devastation at that time. Untill then I will start Hastenings....[/p][p]Unless...[/p][p]I have started to look at the Agility (Spellshifter line), and the Str (Invoker line) and it looks liks I need to crunch more number to see what the new cast times will be after sinking points into Spellshifting.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

You must also understand that Aftershocks only come from spells labeled Explosives, so basically all of your AE spells. Single target stuff, and all of your small nukes are left out. Using the big AE stuff on single target mobs does some decent damage and will allow aftershocks, but at a great cost in power, which reduces your total nuking capability. With roughly 8k power raid buffed, Void Absolution uses 6% of my power. Void distortion hits harder, and uses roughly 4.5% with a faster cast time and recast time thanks to the hastenings line. All in all, Aftershocks as well as the explosives line in general are good for encounter stuff, but not so hot for single mobs and solo leveling.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kocia Guest

Exposives line as it is currently, isn't so hot for anything more that AOE farming.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Do you have a better alternative for a raiding warlock that already has Hastenings maxed?
  12. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

that's what I've been thinking.. i even pondered a possible re-spec but don't think any other option would increase my dps or raids dps as much as explosives and hasenings... vacuous is nice and it's sweet we have a warlock with it but the larger radius might be a pain in groups, but in a an ae situation it's nice to still get blue's off and not have to snuggle up, as well as hit a harder apoc ect...
  13. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

the range thing is a piece of junk especially with the mobs that need to have a dialed in range the only thing i found it useful for was pullng mobs from a ways away... needless to say it got respec'd real quick the hate buff might help some especially with a troub in your group tbh though i dont really have hate issues on any encounters with less than 3 monsters well... unless i do something stupid is my 2cp
  14. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

[p]I wasn't so much talkin the green ranges spells since the radius is all thats effected not the actual casting range... I mean for rift and cloud... On my coercer I have to run into normal PBE range to get her blue off and take some hits on ae damage or even more anoying misjudge how far away the mob really is and get the "no targets in range" message wich makes me so cranky... I mean I just wasted 4seconds wich for the coercer at least is a lot of dps and I feel it's similar in warlock terms. So it is nice to no have to snuggle up and know I'm gonna hit it and not have wasted my time and dps ability casting a "no target in rage" spell.[/p][p]Our other warlock just recently respecd to the Vacuos line, I don't know what his other line is I do believe he kept hastenings (I'd assume from knowing him but not sure)... personally I think it's warlock warfare to ensure he gets bard group over me hahaha.. the punk =p[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Vy Guest

[p]Odds are that I will be doing alot of AE farming since I will have 2 locks to wipe out green/blue groups quite quickly. Thanks to everyones input I have however been able to decide to stick to the 1st 3 in explosives till lvl 50, and invest my points in Hastenings and Agilty before all the rest.[/p][p] [/p][p]I 'm sure most of you can't answer this due to being past 50 or at 70 before EoF came out: At this time my locks are lvl 24 and have 13 AA, if I concentrate on 90% of my play time questing (not grinding like I enjoy) is it possible to hit 50 AA a little after level 50? I notice that blue and higher quests seem to give 10% AA upon turn in, which seems to move my AA exp very fast so far. Plus nearly 100 quests by lvl 24. Any input on this would be nice. Thanks again.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

A buddy of mine just hit 60 with his Wizard last night. He has 79 AAs. Yes it is highly possible, just go around killing every named you can get your hands on, and mentor if needed. Keep in mind, named mobs below level 20 do not give AA experience, which is why it really picks up now that you have passed 20.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kocia Guest

False. Most 10+ give aa and even some below 10 in GFay.
  18. ARCHIVED-Aranieq Guest

[p]yeah they changed that > 20 thing its >10 now.[/p][p]When I dinged 70 as a fae Warlock I had 84 AA (96 ATM), My first AA came at lvl 10 with that instanced named mob from the fae cloak quest in Kelethin...[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Well then go check the old world. No mobs in Antonica, or Caves, or anywhere else under level 20 give AA XP in the old world. Haven't done much in EoF below T7, so i can't answer there, but i'm quite positive that you wont get AA for anything under 20 in the old world unless this has been changed in the last 3 weeks.
  20. ARCHIVED-DravensCall Guest

Got AA today for The devoured who is a ^^^13 heroic in the caves:-D