Necromancer: How To Play

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Syere, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Luciuz Active Member

5 million DPS is a great output for your current gear, Syere. I would make some changes to you AA setup. Consumption compared to other spells isn't that great, I would take away any points to improve it and put them elsewhere. My AA setup does pretty good. Just click my signature and find the AA tab.

Also I would try to stay away from the % max health gear. I understand why a necro might want that set of gear, for higher damaging lifeburns, but you can't reforge out of max health. Why gear yourself so you can amplify 1 spell when you can get more from increasing your damage potential through all your spells? Id go with 2-3 pieces of amod/reuse pieces and the rest full casting speed. The chest and leg pieces yield the highest stats.

I cast lifeburn as much as I can without endangering myself, and I cast it when it refreshes, in raids my health goes to 1.4 million, but lifeburn is still only #11 in my highest dpsing spells. Even in short fights, my ranged auto attack does more dps in the encounter than lifeburn.
  2. Syere Member

My thought with taking some %hp gear was, yes, higher damage lifeburn but also adding a bit of survivability as I tend to solo farm a lot. It's a shame we have to decide between the two and there aren't better gear options. I suppose I could mix the gear up in each slot, or build up two sets.
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

The max health % increase on gear doesn't do much in the way of increasing lifeburn (and it doesn't do anything at all for soulburn.) Its a well griped about issue among Necro's.