Necro Masters and Fabled

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Chummm, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Naud Guest

well I know what Im doing today : ) thanks for the heads up : )

Yay got it in 4 hours : )
    Message Edited by Naud on 12-12-2005 08:47 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-josie67 Guest

I camped the named yesterday and the day before for a total of 6 hours (split between 3 separate sessions), and lo and behold, what should FINALLY drop? Yummy staff!!
  3. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

haven't gotten one myself, what is the recast?
  4. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

15 Mins which sounds a lot but it wold be somewhat overpowered with a more 'normal' spell casting time. It's a good emergency heal.
  5. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

got it in about 20 minutes, saw the person that was cmaping it get it in 5 pops i got it in 3. this thing is freaking common.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

Healing a 60 fighter pet for a few thousand hps in 1.5 secs isn't something to sneeze at. Not to mention if you have a charmed pet too, both get healed.
  7. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Is there a way to make a macro so that you just hit the macro and it equips this staff and then casts the heal? Then can you make another macro to swich back?
  8. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Are you sure about that? I was pretty sure that just the pet that is named in your pet box gets healed. This actually really blows sometimes when your fighter pet has aggro and your slacker charmed pet is named in the pet box.

I also can't figure out how to get the real pet to be named in the pet box. Resummon doesn't always work and I haven't played around much with recharm. Also when recharming, you seem to lose your pet buffs on the charmed pet. Charm is buggy as hell, but I still like it! lol

GS
  9. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

All pet spells effect both the regular pet and the charmed pet. It has nothing to do with which pets window is on top.
  10. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

I believe this is definitely the desired/specified behavior, but it is aslo not true in practice. Many times when you REcharm a mob all of the pet buffs drop from the mob. I've seen this many times and know it is true. I'll test the pet healing tonight and let you know if I verify only one pet gets the staff heal instead of both.
    GS
  11. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Yes, it is. Buff a charmed pet with your regular pet up, the spell will only show casting on the charmed mob but you'll see the distortions periodically on both pets, the heals work the same.

Edit: You can also see it on the clawing of souls proc if you're a parser.
    Message Edited by El Chupacabras on 12-13-2005 04:55 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

I'm not talking about the spell spam, I am talking about the buff window for the charmed pet.

Here is an experiment:
    -Cast regular pet; cast pet buffs
    -charm a pet.
    -Target the charmed pet. Notice that all the pet buffs affect the charmed pet (using the pet buff window)
    -Wait for charm to break (maybe even break it yourself?) and recharm the pet
    -Target the REcharmed pet (or look in the pet window). You will notice that this usually causes all of the buffs to no longer apply to the charmed pet. This is actually good sometimes when you don't want your charmed pet to get aggro.

I'll take it to PMs if we still disagree :)

GS
  13. ARCHIVED-Arukara Guest

14. ARCHIVED-josie67 Guest

Yes, does anyone know a macro to equip the staff, cast the heal, then unequip and re-equip the previous 2 items?
  15. ARCHIVED-Named88 Guest

You wouldn't be able to do that in combat. It limits you to 1 armorchange every 5 seconds.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zimike Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

Read entire thread...*g* it describes where to camp this item. I have it bookmarked so I can camp it when my baby necro reaches the level...(currently level 34)

~Yira
  18. ARCHIVED-Zimike Guest

Ya I saw already... was not sure what LT was but I figured it out to be Lliving Tomb.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nosewarts Guest

No, all spell affects apply to both pets and recharming any new pets will auto apply current buffs to the newly charmed pet. It'll also work in reverse with a charmed pet, destroying and resummoning your real pet. El Chup is right. I have never had any spell effects not affect both pets.
    And the fact that you say "usually causes" shows that something is errant with your observations. If the game code is written so X happens during Y conditions, the results should be consistent. The pets don't resist incoming spells from the owner.
  20. ARCHIVED-gr8scott Guest

Geez, do you guys try this stuff or do you just say things?

Got more data on both behaviors last night.

Verify pet buffs don't always affect both pets:

-In silent city
    -summon pet, buff pet
    -charm a mob. All pet buffs apply to newly charmed pet
    -break charm, recharm. target REcharmed pet. NO PET BUFFS ON RECHARMED PET.

Investigate staff heal

-Now that you have a charmed pet with no pet buffs, send in both pets on a tougher mob.
    -Regular pet almost always gets aggro in this case since it is the only pet with buffs
    -try staff heal when regular pet gets low. STAFF HEAL DOESN"T HEAL REGULAR PET.

I assumed this had to do with which pet was in the pet window. In thinking about it, I can't rule out that it was a range issue. Maybe the charmed pet was close enough to allow the heal to start and the regular pet was OOR. I highly doubt this because they were both on the same mob and I wasn't trying to be far away. I call it a possibility only because I didn't think of it until today and didn't make sure of it yesterday during my testing.

Also if you cast a pet buff while you have a charmed pet, that pet buff and only that pet buff will apply to any REcharmed pet. This makes the behavior appear somewhat random and explains the 'usually'.

So I know you two believe what you are saying, but until you actually run the experiment, all you are doing is spreading mis-information. "I don't know" is a whole lot better than false conviction.

Having said all that, maybe there is something screwy with the mobs/location I was choosing. If you can verify that buffs apply to REcharmed pets elsewhere that would be helpful as well. If you can also verify that using the staff heals your regular pet even when that pet is not in the pet window that would be useful also.

data please, noise no.

GS