Necro Issues

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Samedi, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-endaemoniada Guest

I don't understand ppl complaining about pet buff, I m 23 and it's ok for me

Personnally, the pet buff is not a problem, my pet is always buffed (except in city of course) it doesn't drain a lot of power if I need to regen power I drain my pet, pet regen is good so finally buffing the pet is a zero cost power operation. I recast the buff before it falls completely, if I don't do that I get the recast time to wait before next cast, could be ennoying.

For solo, my tactic is :

. buff the pet (one more time for resetting timer)
    . beginning seism cast
    . /pet attack (before end of seism - 4 sec to wait so it's not a prob for the pet to hit the target before the rocks ;)
    . cast Bluggeoning Earth
    . wait 1 sec, may be heal pet if needed
    . init OH
    . cast Dust Blast (OH could be completed now but...)
    . before completing OH : quick check @ pet health or recast DOT or if not the Star : cast Petrify
    . complete OH with Dust Blast (common OH)
    (Mob should be petrified at this level, if pet is full health I cast Essence Shift (always a good idea to have a lot of power ;p ) )
    . init OH
    . cast Dust Blast
    . Complete OH
    .../...

It works well, sure it's not always the same but, this is how I play more often.
    I don't use the rat spell
    Message Edited by endaemoniada on 12-14-2004 01:52 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Midnit Guest

You lead with a high cost AE dot? Interesting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

well i'm level 36 now, i think i'll leave you guys wondering about the rest of the spells, i don't want to spoil it for you. we do finally start getting nice dots though. ghastly stench does a good amount of damage. the 34 caster pet is decent, though he's only app2 because the adept doesn't exist and there aren't any sages that high yet on my server. the 35 illusion form wasn't what i was expecting, but it's not bad. let me know if anyone has any questions.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

No need to wonder - the entire spell list is available online and in the Strategy guide lol
  5. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

yea i know, but it doesn't tell you how much damage they do and what the spell effects are (the cool exciting stuff) :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

You are starting to sound like an elitest mate =)
  7. ARCHIVED-crekka Guest

"endaemoniada wrote:
    I don't understand ppl complaining about pet buff, I m 23 and it's ok for me

Personnally, the pet buff is not a problem, my pet is always buffed (except in city of course) it doesn't drain a lot of power if I need to regen power I drain my pet, pet regen is good so finally buffing the pet is a zero cost power operation. I recast the buff before it falls completely, if I don't do that I get the recast time to wait before next cast, could be ennoying."

For soloing, I don't have too much of a problem with pet buff. But in a group situation when you are fighting GroupX2 mobs, you don't even want to cast any pet buffs on your pet when the power cost outweigh the benefit.

Wait till you have Boon of Lifeless and you can actually stack 2 pet buffs on your pet and come back and tell us what the power usage is, my point is why give us stackable pet buffs which has such a large power drain per tick. For the power cost per tick, I might as well chain cast Dust Blast.
    Message Edited by crekka on 12-05-2004 06:36 PM
    Message Edited by crekka on 12-14-2004 06:37 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Neothe Guest

Should be a patch tomarrow, they havent mentioned anything on what will be in it but I hope it has some summoner fixes. I know I made a summoner for one purpose, to solo while I dont want a group or cant get a group. Then I found that summoners pets cant hold agro enough to kill fast. I hope they fix pets a little bit with this patch.

Anyway just my 2 cp
    Message Edited by Neothe on 12-15-2004 01:02 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

I would note that there is nothing in the spell description of either the pet or the pet buff that indicates power drain is to be expected. I would therefore ask that everyone please make sure to /bug this often and provide /feedback too.

The power drain is *massive* if you have Adept III's or higher in both the pet and pet buff.
  10. ARCHIVED-LordMunks Guest

5. I'm not sure if this is just a Necro thing, but i can watch my power decrease while soloing in combat when I haven't even cast any spells...really not sure what's going on with this...

It's the pet buff. Agitation and Boon of the Lifeless constantly drain a small amount of manna from the necro as long as they are active on his pet.
  11. ARCHIVED-Theka Guest

Its not just swarm of rats there is a bigger issue there. if u summon anything dureing battle it has that effect, try summoning a pet mid battle any other classes pet buffs will drop and same with debuffs. it seems that the swarm of rats is considered a summon spell but at any rate even summoning anything should not have this effect.

Also i got the impression some of you are stacking aggitation and boon of lifeless... i dont see a point to this one is clearly an upgrade of the other and i dont see 2 seperate regens i can only assume boon takes presidence but doesnt cancel the icon for aggitation not unlike earthly brand and its upgrade, but with those at least the resist part of Earthly since its different stacks through.

Ive also made a thread on the combat and spells forums about our lack of DPS compared to other mage classes and even healer classes shuld go chime in on it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gnecro Gnome Guest

I agree with you , necros have gotten the shaft.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Not entirely accurate. If I cast both on my pet and do not enter combat, it does not drain power at all. It only seems to drain power IN combat.
  14. ARCHIVED-Myros Guest

From the test server notes:

-Boon of the Lifeless had its description clarified.

Now does that mean it was clarrified in that it has a different effect than agitation? That is has a constant drain while active? Anybody have a test center character to verify exactly what changed in the description?

M
  15. ARCHIVED-Demothises Guest

Not only is this stament true, these spells also mess with spells and abilities used by people you are grouped with. Me and another necro team up, if either of us summon it will kill the spells casted by both players.
  16. ARCHIVED-Withergield Guest

The pet animation freezes when you send it into combat (force it to move) while still in animation.
    Message Edited by Withergield on 12-18-2004 02:03 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Methesa Guest

Good post, as of last night all these issues are still pending fixes. I don't see this many issues with other classes functionality... so why aren't we getting some lovin? :(
  18. ARCHIVED-Silmathien Guest

I'd just like to add my thanks to the bottom of this excellent post - thank goodness (or badness?) that I am not alone in this!

So much is wrong with our class at the moment it's heartbeaking - I just got to 34 and expected my last new pet for 12 levels to be something special.

Instead I get the same old dull horned skeleton I had as an adept at 20...

And don't even get me started on the "mime" pet I received at 32! What on earth is necromantic about summoning a kato lookalike??

And while we're at it, why are all my robes brown??? The only pretty robe I've had was the Oracle one :(

I can only assume that no-one with even a dim spark of imagination or artistic flair has been involved with the development of our class...
  19. ARCHIVED-Skeletonfish Guest

I wonder how many of us would reroll if we could stand the boring [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] low level grind
  20. ARCHIVED-crekka Guest

The pet buffs DO drain power even if you are not in combat, the reason you are not noticing it is because you regen more power to cover the power drain per tick when you are not in combat.