Necro Issues

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Samedi, Dec 3, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

I'm just bored at work and thought I'd point out all the bugs I've noticed with necros. These are in no particular order, and forgive me if I leave out something. These are the bugs I've noticed up to level 31, I'm sure there are more:

1. Blight does not show up in dot window and on some occasions does not do any damage over time according to the combat window.

2. Swarm of Rats cancels out your pet buff and any dots currently on the mob, so we are forced to cast it first before anything else.

3. Pet aggro glitch where the pet and mob keep running after each other.

4. Pets don't always put themselves together correctly, bones all over the place.

5. I'm not sure if this is just a Necro thing, but i can watch my power decrease while soloing in combat when I haven't even cast any spells...really not sure what's going on with this...

6. Grasping Bones isn't even worth casting, very long cast and lots of power for a 5 second stun and no increased damage that I can see.

7. Nylph's Flayed Form is called "Nylph's Flayed Form" until you scribe it, then it becomes "Nylph's Ghost Form" and I'm pretty sure that's a glitch, also after 15min or so you completely disappear with this form on.

8. Breath of the Unearthed...sounds like an awesome spell...too bad it totally does not work at all, gives "No eligible target" no matter what.

9. Withering Affliction, same as Blight, does not show up in dot window, and sometimes seems to not do damage according to combat window.

I think that's it for now. Also, personally I think the Blight line of spells are pointless. Mobs that are in groups all have low hp, as oppsed to single group mobs that have a lot of hp, so why would you want an aoe dd plus a dot to a single mob out of the group. They should get rid of that spell and make improved spells in the Seism line. Personally, when I'm in a group and we pull a group of 3+ mobs, I don't even bother dotting since the mob will be dead in like 5-10 seconds. I just use pestilential blast and pet, much more effective. Now, just a plain aoe dot would be awesome since you can damage the other mobs of that group while the rest of the group is focusing on one.

Hopefully some devs read this, although I have already /bugged all of the above and I'm sure many others as well.

Fellow Necromancers please leave some feedback as well with your experiences :smileysad:
    Message Edited by Samedi on 12-09-2004 01:16 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Ulkesh-Blackburrow Guest

So we found an experience exploit the other day through a certian guild quest, need to be guild level 15 for it to occur, and they fixed it in about 30 minutes.... We report bugged staple Necro spells and the Devs...... play some more WoW?
    Right on Samedi :)
    Ulkesh <Bane>
    28 Necromancer of Blackburrow
  3. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

- Dont forget the Pet "Dancing" that occurs often when you sick a pet on a mob solo and it starts wandering around the place like a chicken with its head cut off
    - In addition to what yo said about SoR, It also erases the debuffs of other party members (Not just our own dots and debuffs)
  4. ARCHIVED-hellclaw1 Guest

Another problem is the lack of sincere dmg output for a DD between the lvls 23 and 29 (with getting Pestilential Blast, we got about enough DoT spells to beat the sh** out of our enemies), I suggest pets getting some chance of "critical hits" like normal mobs do (not some mind- blasting 900 HP, I would be grateful for just around 120-150 HP ;) ) This shouldn't be that hard to include and would make us a little more competent for a DD class.

Disregard that, I just plain love being a necromancer :D
  5. ARCHIVED-TelMegiddo Guest

im just glad to see you do this at work man it makes me happy for some reason.
  6. ARCHIVED-crekka Guest

"5. I'm not sure if this is just a Necro thing, but i can watch my power decrease while soloing in combat when I haven't even cast any spells...really not sure what's going on with this..."

The reason for the decrease is because both our pet buffs, Agitation and Boon of the Lifeless each has a power cost of 20 per round (around 5 seconds), thats 40 power total per round even if you don't do anything. I am not sure our pet buff is designed to drain power over time. Since the duration for each buff is 3 minutes, each buff will cost you a total of around 770 power (around 50 power to cast the spell, 20 power per 5 seconds for 3 minutes), with 2 buffs on, we are talking about 1,440 power.....

Something has to be done as I don't see any reason for the pet buffs to drain our power over the duration of the spell and I am quite sure this need to be fixed.

Agreed totally for point 1 to point 4, have not reached the level to test out the spells you mentioned in point 6 to 9.

I am also curious to know what Grisly Mark actually does, all I know is it grants you an Essence of Anguish which according to some sites, is the ingredient for our revive spell. This spell is suppose to also drain power from the mob, well, I don't see this happening.

Currently I feel my pet is playing this game rather than me....

In addition, we seem to get more buffing spells than attacking spells which IMO, we are more like a defensive class than offensive.
  7. ARCHIVED-Audio Guest

Maybe you lack the skill to summon undead properly? :smileyvery-happy:
    Haha, just kidding. Actually all skeletons, mobs too, have this problem. I see it all the time when I'm down in the catacombs. I bugged it when I was in beta but guess it didn't help. :smileyindifferent:
  8. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

I just saw that for the first time yesterday running by Zarvon's Tower, a mob with his hips on the right and his torso and legs on the left. Hasn't happened with my pet yet but I'm sure it will.
    Message Edited by Hidohebhi on 12-09-2004 08:30 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

That is just stupid - it almost makes me not want to cast pet buffs
  10. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

#3 is my biggest issue with summoners. simple math formula
    evryone agrees nec pet pathing=broken, necs=pet class,broken pet=broken necro.(feel free to change nec and summoner since them goodie2shoes conjurers are having the same problems) i still function well in a group, but alota necs are solo'rs and getting very frustrated with this bug. it actually still happens in groups when i sick my pet on an add sometimes. so now our form of CC in groups is broken also. i cant imagine the kind of uproar that would be occuring if this was happening to every class, but since its just summoner, it gets pushed to the backburner.

ive had #4 happen in nek, it looked like the lower half of my pet was in a tornado. cosmetic no big deal

#2 ive learned to get around by casting it first, but for them long drawn out fights its a pain kuz dots are already up. another poster said it affects everyones debuffs also, if thats true that is just wrong.

#1 cosmetic but true.

#5i think they put this in as a way to keep us from having full power all the time. only time i drop below 40% even in the toughtest battles, is when i forget to leech off my pet. not quit sure if the post who put the numbers behind it is correct, but either way, we dont have power issues so its no biggie.

havent got high enough for 6-9 kuz i gave my account to my brother. #3 finally made me despise logging in. it has been in since beta, but the devs seem more concerned about gimping crafters money making abilities rather then fixing one of their classes.

P.S. it is your duty as a summoner to bug #3, the squeky wheel gets the grease, if enough of us get together, they will have to at least make some sorta statement on this. do not be complacent, do not say blah i can deal with it, im sure they will fix it someday. these forums, /feedback and /bug were all put in for getting game and class affecting things like this OUT of the game.(along with other things)
  11. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

I bugged all of these and so should everyone else.

The pet dancing can be easily mitigated. #3 is no big deal to me.

I cannot mitigate my power bar being at 40% after a battle when it should be more like 80%. Down-time sucks. Although all of these clearly need fixing, #5 is the most important to me.

Also - Just having a pet up drains your power. Having a pet buff drains more.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

My normal group has banned me from using the rats because they are all debuffers and we usually have like 7 debuffs on all mobs heh. At first I thought it was just my debuffs being removed till they started going "Why the hell are my debuffs going away". Through some testing we discovered it was SoR
  13. ARCHIVED-Samedi Guest

yea, i think that's really dumb that just because we have a pet, it drains our power... the pet has it's own power to cast spells, so why are we being drained for it. whatever, i think they'll fix our class well within the next year and we'll be awesome, eventually. it just really sucks playing right now, i started a scout last night and that was pretty fun

oh yea, and i'm 33 now and the level 32 assassin pet is pretty much worthless ( i even have the adept), hopefully the new 34 caster will be good, but considering an adept doesn't exist for it, i'll have to settle for the app2. and the level33 spell is a new root that is supposed to dot the mob also, and it has only worked 1 out of 10 times for me so far, plus as soon as it gets hit by the dot it usually breaks so i don't get the point of this spell if it is a root and it's just going to break by the effect on it. SOE please fix PROBLEMS starting with the mem leak, then fix stuff that actually matters like player spells and abilities. no one cares if a merchant in south qeynos is ripping you off or not, seriously

-samedi of blackburrow
    disgruntled necro
  14. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I was wondering about Chains of Torment. I kinda figured a DoT/Root combo would not work with the current spell system where any damage breaks root. I would recommend editing your original thread to include input from necros so its all in one post =)
  15. ARCHIVED-Ulkesh-Blackburrow Guest

Update the Master list Samedi :)

btw, all servers are down at 1330 PST, could it be??? maybe??? might we see a fix??? doubtful...

Ulkesh <Bane>
  16. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

It is prolly to fix the bug with not being able to sell dropped loot to vendors. Blackguard said they were hoping to fix it today
  17. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

urguwno,

i too have found some ways around it, mainly cast petrify THEN send pet in. 9/10 pet hold agro, but now instead of dot'n at 80% i gotta wait till its about 60% to avoid getting agro, meaning it takes even longer to solo hehe.

i guess the point im trying to make is that we shouldnt have to resort to tricks and stuff like that to get our pet classes pet to work properly.
  18. ARCHIVED-Machesis Guest

I've just been roaming around nektulos mostly, but I haven't seen any necro adept drops. I could be looking in the wrong area but I think the lack of necro adept drops might be an issue too.

Sarsine
    25 Necro
  19. ARCHIVED-Dessun Freewind Guest

It sounds like conjurors are the rangers at the start of eq1. Good luck, it wasn't fun for my old ranger either.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Necro drops are in antonica and TS - not on D'Lere which is stupid imo