Necro Class only cap!! WORLD FIRST

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Bolverkk, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

I lied before, I actually have a level 67 conj. Just didn't want you sending me hatefull tells to him like you do now to Koenig. :smileysad:
    EDIT-- Oh Snap
    Message Edited by Ratty31 on 04-05-200603:50 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Mort, regardless of the whining you hear in this thread, I think it's awesome that you at least take the time to communicate with the playerbase. I can understand where it must be a thankless job sometimes, but for those of use who haven't beenable to get anykind of dev response in a year, it is refreshing to see that some devs still recognize that we, the little people, are still part of the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-xentavius Guest

Morticus, the way the conj hat is now... it basically doesn't have one and I would think you could be a little more constructive than threatening to take your ball and go home.

People have suggested many ways to improve the hat while leaving it a damage shield.
  4. ARCHIVED-Petgroup Guest

Class profession hats were marketed as a selling point for the expansion, correct ? I would think that they would get some extra TLC when it comes to things. People can complain and post about loot that drops in KoS, that seems to be the common theme of the month.

This on the otherhand is not raid loot. This is a class specific profession hat. Only 1 type of player can wear this and it sets them apart from the rest of the classes. I don't see how its ok that Conjurors aren't gonna. Sure there are 50 other t6/7 legendary/fabled mage hats in the game but this was one of the key marketing items for the Kingdom of the Sky expansion.

I dont see Rangers complaing about theres. If you made that hat, thats a compliment to you. We are here to give feedback on an item thats less than deseriable. If you don't adjust it, we all aren't gonna quit. But to know that no Conjuror will be happy with something you made, should count for something. It was adjusted once and its amazing you even replied and did something about it. It just has to be tweaked a little more. Heck drop the damage to 25 and make it permanent. No one would complain.

In fact, aren't the only 2 hats anyones complaining about on these boards Neco and Conj ? I would think you did a good job on the other xyz amount u made. Thats like a 90% satisfactory of the playerbase. Shoot for 100% =)
    Message Edited by nikecmh42 on 04-05-200603:24 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-FTL Guest

Morticus wrote:

Additionally, I would like to point out that when you have an item that gives you something for nothing (whether it's 5 points of damage or 5,000,000) it is still free and therefore it is not worthless. [IMG]

I think that you are missing the point mort, yes whether its 5points of dam or 5,000,000 points its still FREE, but however my subscribtion like everybody else's who plays the game is not. So u can understand people do get frustrated with the game, yes i got to admit, i love the game, but like anything there can always be some fine tuning here and there.

But i know you will never keep everyone happy, thats impossible and like others have said, i dont think devs/staff etc realise how important it is to people that the players of the game do here from you on the boards, hence why people are chuffed to bits that u have on this matter, But as others have also said, yes this is a tier 7 item and u wouldnt be wearing a nappy over your head to protect yourself from the (insert your own word here) that u get from tier 7 mobs, so why be expected to get an item that is not in keeping with the style of the class.

Its all very well letting us have an ability that is the same as an sk, but i think most people want to be unique, like the helm is only useable by necromancers, give the helm an ability that only necromancers would have, not sk's or any other class for that matter, keep it in check with our spells/abilities etc.

The best way for me to put it, is this, Would you use a saw to put a nail into a wall to hang a picture up? or would you use a hammer?
  6. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

Damage shields are worthless, especially one that lasts a mere 1 minute.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

I'd use a grenade, and i'd toss it at whatever server houses these forums. 90% of what's wrong with this game is because of the devs listening to random players makeing suggestions about what should be changed.
  8. ARCHIVED-Junkisfunk Guest

These boards are not a true representation of all conjurors and necromancers. There just might be a good majority that might like the hat the way it is. Sometimes to much complaining about a free bone thrown at ya, can be construed as criticism. Think about it!:smileyvery-happy:
    Junk
  9. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

can you blame him? i would have been fired by now if i worked on the eq2 team simply b/c the people on these boards are some of the most inconsiderate jerks on the face of the planet...the devs take a lot of pride and enjoy their jobs...it makes it really hard not to bite one's tongue when you have people constantly brow-beating you about something you enjoy doing and try your hardest to make something kewl...people should take that into consideration before they post some of the crap they do...i'm surprised that someone hasn't figured out a way to electrocute some of the more abusive posters on the boards when they log into the game yet...
    (and no i'm not yelling at you...just making a point for the rest of the people who constantly say "such and such is crap!" )
    Message Edited by g0thiCiCecReaM on 04-05-200604:53 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Jeridor Guest

You know what's getting really old to me? Seeing post after post where anyone who has a negative opinion is blasted for it. Saying "If you don't like it, play something else" is a really poor response, even from another player. The staff don't talk this way, I wonder why?
  11. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

It probably annoys you like all the people posting about "broken items" annoys me.
  12. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Wow, a threat? Dude, go for it. Speaking for the SK hat, I wouldn't miss that dot that I can cast once every 10 minutes. It has so little impact and such a long recast that I ususally just totally forget about it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Snarks Guest

Most of the comments in this thread are pathetic, condescending, rude and show a complete lack of maturity.

You guys go off treating the devs like total trash, insulting their intelligence and what they do for a living.

It's one thing to be constructive, another to be destructive. If you don't like the game, just don't play. It's that simple. Make suggestions, but never get the impression that your all-mighty opinion is what directs the direction of this game.

I can hardly understand why devs post here anymore at all with threads like this
  14. ARCHIVED-Junkisfunk Guest

I personally say do it! Also take at least 3/4 of the stats away and make the hat completely useless so he whining will stop. For once I would love to see the management of a game stand up to the paying customer and tell it to them straight no matter what the cost. I would respect the company even more, and applaud them, since I am not the one whom [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]es over the smallest of detail to the four corners of the earth and back again. How about instead make a nice constructive post instead of a negative one. Oh yeah that's right I forgot you are so used to getting your way that you really don't remember how to treat people with kindness and respect.
    Edit: please just lock this thread now for the sake of all.
    Junk
    Message Edited by Junkisfunk on 04-05-200603:25 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Icarii_Raven`Lyon Guest

Why is someones opinion invalid just because your class isn't their main? Just because my main is a dirge and my conj is only 34 does not make my opinion any less valid. Sure, you know your class better than I do, but Im not disputing that.

Number one, I wish I could just find the dirge dropped version of this hat. Id love to know what my effect is, let alone if its even "useful".

Number two, I stand by anything free is not useless. Im not going to say anything about the conjurer version, as I havent seen it, and it would depend to me on whether this right click version stacks with the spell version. As far as the necro version, also as long as it stacks with all of the other spell lines, even if it has a 10 min reuse time, how is it worthless? Its free damage...sure you may not be able to use it when youre fighting groups that die in 10 seconds, but for that long boss or named fight? Throw it on there with the rest of your dots, thats what? 1300 less damage that someone else needs to do.
  16. ARCHIVED-Wilderbeast25 Guest

I think the problem here is that a lot of you (not all) are acting like a bunch of jerks.

I would want to "take my ball and go home" if I was Mort after dealing with this. I think he found a pretty nice way to tell you to GTH without actually saying it.

Do I like what is on the hat? No

I'm I going to act like a big baby about it? No

How about coming up with a good idea to replace it with and being civil at the same time? Who knows maybe you haven't run Mort so far off from this thread that he might care what you think.

The "do you play this game?", "I pay my money I'm special", etc comments don't advance our position.

All of this is, of course, my opition.

Wilderbeast
    LvL 70 Conj
    LvL 54 Mystic
    LvL 41 Pally
    LvL 36 Monk
    LvL 20 Coercer
  17. ARCHIVED-Kikenata Guest

While I enjoy the game and appreciate some of the proc's that are generated on items my PC has, nothing obtained in-game is actually free. At least for me it isn't. I pay a monthly fee to play this game, as I assume, in-correctly maybe, that most forums posters do.
    People are dis-satisfied with an object in game. They are posting to state their opinions.
    This post by Morticus reads as it was made to spite the player base not appreciating his/her work. Consider it an occupational hazzard Morticus/Noah.
  18. ARCHIVED-g0thiC_iCe_cReaM Guest

QFE

while you may pay to play it doesn't give you rights to be abusive (not referring to you in particular, but to the rest of the posters that cop the attitude)
    there's a HUGE difference in voicing one's opinion and just slinging crap and insults that happen all too often around here...it seriously needs to stop...i dunno how many posts i've seen with comments like
    "the idiots that made..."
    "the morons that did..."
    etc...if you want your opinions heard, understood and considered, consider posting in a manner that isn't derogatory or inflamatory...i personally think people need to be subjected to the same that they dish out and not allowed to retort...it's pretty much what it's like for the dev team...i'm sure you would be shocked if they were to say what they really think when this kinda crap gets said...
  19. ARCHIVED-Truxker Guest

This flaming and name calling is going to stop. No this thread doesnt need to be locked yet, but action will be takin against any who keep up the bashing and flaming.
    Message Edited by Truxker on 04-05-200604:20 PM
    Message Edited by Truxker on 04-05-200604:20 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Heh heh heh.. I would LOVE to hear the lunch break convo at SoE headquarters. 90% of the posters here would just be getting verbally SLAUGHTERED! (myself as well I am sure). I am sure if devs were permitted to speak what was really on their mind, half of these rant threads would be halted after the first post. Many times, devs don't have total freedom over their projects and have to follow certain guidlines, schedules, etc.. just like the rest of us. If an item is missing stats or adorments or whtever the case may be... I am sure there is a reason for it.
    Of course, we post with the fear of just losing some stats or a forum account. When devs post, they have to also consider their employment I am sure. I don't think that it would have gone over too well if Mort would have just posted:
    "[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing Jezus you ignoratn [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]s, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing problem. Do you want me to make a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing hat that has a 4000 point damage shield AND a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing 20000000 point nuke? I'd love to give it to you right along with the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing staff of Atomic [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing energy, but unfoprtunately I am restricted by a small thing called [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing BALANCE in this game! So if you gat a beef.. why don't you just call my project manager and tell that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] how pissed you are.. while you're at it... tell him to give a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing raise for having to put up with ignorant punk dip[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]s like you guys. As far as I am concerned, you can take the 9 disc set of KoS, and try to shove it up your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] sideways with a +20INT Staff of GO TO HELL!!!!"
    Give the devs a break guys. Mort has been so good about communicating with everyone and has been catching nothing but crap about it. No wonder so many other devs don't post crap on the boards.
    Heh heh.. now to hit post and see how many Ninja'd by Raijiin I got.