Necro Class only cap!! WORLD FIRST

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Bolverkk, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Morticus Guest

I fail to see how a power free spell with at DD and DoT component is useless? It costs nothing to cast, has zero casting time and can be used in PvP.
    /boggle

The hat is fine the way it is. It has decent stats and a power free 100% unresistable damage shield that you can cast on any friendly player. What's so horrible about that?

-Mort
    Message Edited by Morticus on 04-05-200611:19 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Zeijandi Guest

lol. obviouslly these people never played EQ1. Those effects were godly back in the day. I remember the year or so I spent dreaming of finishing my druid epic. When I finally did, I never put that weapon down because of how useful a soloing tool it was. Mana free DoT + snare = gg
  3. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Seriously, your joking right? I mean honestly, you would have to blind to not see how useless this is.
    Lets pretend you have the absolute worst tank in the world who cannot avoid any hits at all but you have the best healers ever. Lets say your tank gets hit once every 3 seconds or 20x a minute. With a 33point damage shiled that you claim is 100% unresistable (I have my doubts since our regular one is fully resistable and works the same way), that would mean this hat adds a mere 660damage every TEN minutes or 66 damage a minute. You are aware that spell that gave me even 250 power every 10minutes would allow me to do 4x that amount of damage? This effect is 100% useless in its current form.
    I really hope this explains to you how completely horrible this is. If your hell bent on this being a damage shield, make it permanent or give it 5x the power if it will only last for 1 minute out of 10 otherwise it is in no way, shape, or form worth casting. While your at it, I dont know if this is you or another guy, but the class fabled hats that drop out of the labratory are completely skewed too. There is no effect at all on the necromancer one, but there is on the sorcerer one? I dont know how many times I have to say it but +20 to stats is easily made up in buffs, a proc on hostile damage like that wich can be found on the circlet of living fire (it drops off a green mob for god's sake) cannot be made up. Simply put, unless the hat somehow increases our damage, it is not worth wearing.
  5. ARCHIVED-xentavius Guest

I agree with Khalen.

As a conjuror this effect is useless. We already have a damage shield we can cast on other players, why a second (and a lot weaker version)?

A 33 damage shield wouldn't kill a level 5 mob much less damage anything near the level required for this hat.
  6. ARCHIVED-BaruMonkey Guest

I'm going to have to agree with ChaosUndivided on this one.

This type of thing falls under the same category as the Makeshift Weapon combat art for Assassins, and the Dark Emanations spell for Warlocks. I wouldn't ever use them even if I got the Master 1 versions for free, because they do such an insignificant amount of damage compared to the other stuff that we could be doing (e.g. autoattack) during the casting time.

Short version: usable != useful.
  7. ARCHIVED-Petgroup Guest

The stats are 100% fine, the effect is what needs more adjustment.

The horribleness is its 33pts and lasts 1min, with 10min recast.

In the time it takes me to cast it, I coulda cast a level 15 nuke that will deal more damage.

I appreciate you responding and looking in to things but to make an item that 99.9% of the Conjuror community won't use, is quite upsetting.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ualdayan Guest

I think Mort's point was that the stats don't suffer because it has an effect (eg the effect is a bonus, and doesn't cost you in stats), and the effect itself is instant casting, power free so while someone can say it's not a lot of added DPS it is free extra DPS that you don't even pay for in time casting. On the flip side for Mort what I think is upsetting the other posters is they are comparing it to other class hats and seeing more value in them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Id agree except by equiping this hat (or even if i wore it permanently wich i and many others dont) I lose dps. The sheer time it takes to cast this useless effect lowers my dps, even if it was instant click swapping it in would cost me probably a proc off my regular hat and therefore this will never get used.
  10. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Hey this is uber when you mentor down to lvl 8!
  11. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

Mort,
    do you actually play?
    These hats are for tier 7 characters. you know. lvl 60+.
    A 33 point damage shield for 1 minute, with a 10 minute recast. against t7 mobs.
    That will barely, if at all, move the HP bar of a mob hitting someone with this damage shield on them. Even if they hit them without ever missing!
    Come on now. Just think things through a bit.
    There current damage with this.. would possibly be acceptable if it was a permanent buff you could place on someone instead of one minute, like others said. Or, if you are dead set on a 1 min damage shield only.. how about you actually make it, i dont know, DO NOTICEABLE DAMAGE OVER 1 MINUTE.
  12. ARCHIVED-Morticus Guest

I'm sorry you all feel this way, maybe I should just remove the adornments from the profession hats that I've created entirely.

I'm thinking that is would be a good solution to stop people from being unhappy with what they have because they consider an adornment on another person's hat to be superior. Alternatively, I think that there are other hats in the expansion that are available if you are unsatisfied with the way the hat was created. Have you ever tried to please everyone? Yeah, it's impossible. :smileywink:

Additionally, I would like to point out that when you have an item that gives you something for nothing (whether it's 5 points of damage or 5,000,000) it is still free and therefore it is not worthless. :smileyhappy:

-Mort

Message Edited by Morticus on 04-05-200601:05 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

The entire forums has turned into pics of items people think suck, it's pretty annoying. Here's an idea, if you don't like it dont use it and if you can't find anyhting you like maybe try another game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ualdayan Guest

Not the entire forums - the same people complaining about a lot of the raid dropped items (do this, do that) also are posting things like "nerf this group dropped item, or nerf that group dropped item."
  15. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Yes it is.

And Koenig, explain why a guardian is on this thread if not to just troll?
  16. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

I have a level 11 summoner
  17. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Ok well when your within 10 levels of thinking about using this item and you have something to say on topic rather than just try and flame, your opinions might matter.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

You do the same when you have a crusader 10 levels from equipping the 3 princes drop.
  19. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

Was this said in jest? If not, it is certainly not the most mature response in the world. I understand that most of the complaints are quite a bit short of mature, but I don't think this statement would do anything but incite the masses.:smileyhappy:
  20. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

I have a level 64 SK on another account....wahts your point?
    EDIT - and that shouldnt even matter, my main class can equip that item. And if it matters, I also have a swashbuckler and a defiler in t6, so that should cover my interest in just about every item.

Message Edited by Ishboozor on 04-05-200601:48 PM