NDA Lifted!

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Morie, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

So without further ado, here are the Warden AAs as they stand (and thanks to Siufu for writing all this down):

Shapeshift - 10% to inflict 78 poison damage (if equip sword), increase heal crit by 2 (if equip 2h), damage spell crit by 2 (if equip hammer)

Strength - increase 8
    Storm Blade - inflict 117 melee damage, increase 22% attack speed (if equip sword, 20s duration)
    Wild Ferocity - increase melee crit by 5
    Meditative Focus - increase focus 2.9
    Purge Inflictions - dispel 84 levels of all hostile effects on self (casting 4s, recast 5 min)

Agility - increase 7
    Calm Animal - stun, prevents AOE (buckler, 45s duration)
    Natural Defenses - increase defense 8.7
    Grant Protection - grants group members 20% chance of making an additional attempt to avoid melee attack using caster's avoidance (3min duration)
    Charm Animal - charms target, increase out-of-combat power regen 22, increase out-of-combat health regen 24 (25min duration)

Stamina - increase 5
    Serene Symbol - 25% chance to throws, stuns, blurs (symbol, 36s duration)
    Serene Knowledge - Grants the druid a chance to briefly grant any target of a beneficial spell immunity to stun and knockback effects. When target casts a beneficial spell this spell has 1% chance to cast Serene Knowledge on target of spell cast. Lasts for 3 seconds. Decreases Max Health of target by 0.1
    Serene Focus - increase heal crit 0.7
    Serenity - Grants the druid immunity to stun and knockback effects. This ability can be used while stunned. Decreases Max Health of caster by 0.1 (2min duration, 10min recast)

Wisdom - increase 4
    Hierophant Grasp - inflicts 117 melee damage, root (if equip 2h, 60s duration)
    Hierophant Movement - speed 2%
    Hierophant Obfuscation - decrease hate gain 1%
    Rebirth - rez self after 5s (12 hour duration)

Intelligence - increase 6
    Thunderspike - inflicts 88-147 melee damage, 103 divine damage if elemental mob (if equip hammer)
    Stormcaller's Control - increase disruption 1
    Stormcaller's Wrath - increase damage spell crit 1.6
    Infusion - AE targets 74-82 if target cast beneficial spell
  2. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

Spells are primarily upgrades as you would expect with a few exceptions.

Fairy Ally (62) - summoned pet that aoe heals and provides random buffs. Note: "The faerie ally is capable of dodging area affect attacks, but is very frail."
    Regenerative Spores (63) - upgrade to Spores with a twist : "If ally is below 50%, the amount healed is doubled."
    Tranquility (65) - single target cure that removes all hostile effects and heals target for each effect removed. Heals for 347 per effect removed at adept 1.
  3. ARCHIVED-Morie Guest

Here's a brief summary of how the AA system works:

Starting a level 20, you earn achievement exp from exploring, doing quests, killing certain mobs, aquiring rare items and leveling. At level 70, all the exp you would have earned for leveling is put into AA experience. You can earn up to 50 points total.

The tree works like this: you must buy the first ability (in our case, Shapeshift) for 1 point. The starter ability is not upgradable. After that you may purchase the first ability in any of the branches. After raising the first ability in a given branch to rank 4, the next ability in that branch becomes available. The last ability in each branch costs 8 points and is not upgradable (all others in each branch may be upgraded to 8 ranks as well). You are not required to finish one branch before you start on another.

Edit: edited for clarity

Message Edited by Morie on 02-08-200601:22 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Siufu Guest

The damage above is based on your stat. Melee damage based on STR, and spell damage based on INT. It does not vary too much with the beta testing equipments provided. Most achievements increase its effect when you put more points in it. Some increment are linear, for example, each point put in those stat will increase your stat by that value.

Shapeshift can transform you to 3 different types depends on your weapons: Spider(sword), Tree(2h staff), Lizard(hammer). From what I seen, you can change your weapons after you shapeshift. It only give you an option to play different role of druid, not restricting what weapons you are using. I have tried to change to a spider with a sword, and then equip a hammer, and still get that poison damage add.

Calm Animal works like a mez. The duration has been shortened to around 20-26 sec depends how many points you put in. And it only works on animal type mob.

Grant Protection is still bugged but it should be fixed soon.

Charm Animal also only works on animal type mob. Too bad I cannot see too many animal type mobs in KoS. You better think twice before investing this skill since it cost 8 points.

Hierophant Movement increase your in-combat speed.

Rebirth is an auto rez. If you have buff it before you die, you will see your revive window first, and 5 seconds later you stand up with 50% health/power. I think if you decide not to rebirth if all the aggro mobs are still around you, you could cancel the buff before it take effect. (I will try it today to confirm) It has a 50 min recast timer, 12 hour duration. EDIT: Or you could click the revive window durin the 5 seconds to revive.

Infusion actually work like this. You buff yourself with infusion (EDIT: buff until cancel), and then when you target your ally and heal him, each heal will also AE DD the enemies around him.

EDIT: correct how Infusion works.
    Message Edited by Siufu on 02-09-200602:19 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Fingolfin2 Guest

odd, spores already does that.
    Any idea on the fairy "buffs"?
    Can anyone post the master2 choices also?

Thanks for the info
  6. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Charm animal can have its uses.. animal mobs include insects and there is at least 1 easily obtainable animal mob in each of the kos zones. In Tenebrous Tangle there's wasps and tangleflies; in Barren Sky there's hyenas; and in Bonemire there's spiders and bats. The mobs will follow you throughout the entire zone and if/when the charm breaks they will stay where you are and attack you until recharm or death. The only places in the expansion that you won't have animals as far as I can see is inside the instances, so the usefulness of this is going to depend very largely on your playstyle imo.
    Also need to remember that I doubt it's impossible for someone to have this ability before level 60 and there's no lack of animal mobs in the old world, plus you're supposed to be able to respec your AA choices unlimitedly so you could get this to help out with grinding and then once you're max level if you don't need it anymore respec to something else.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

m2 options:
    Verdant Bliss
    Winds of Arctic Cold
    Regenerative Spores
    Patron of the Forest (I THINK.. I'd go check for sure but the servers seem to be down atm)
    And the fairy spell has been removed for some reason and hasn't been put back in yet, but while it was in it wasn't working from what I understand. And to be honest I was disappointed with both the fairy and tranquillity spells because they sounded to me like rehashed mystic spells; fairy being like their badger pet and tranquillity being like their single-target cure-all with a longer cast recast and much more power cost (yes I know theirs doesn't heal when effects are removed but idk I'd rather see something more original than a mystic ancient spell with a twist and a ton more costs to the spell).
    Message Edited by Dragonrealms on 02-08-200606:33 PM
    Message Edited by Dragonrealms on 02-08-200606:36 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-arielelf Guest

Can anyone give us a complete spell list for tier 7? Screenshots would be lovely but I won't be greedy hehe. Thanks!
  9. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Excellent List! Thanks very much.

The one thing that upsets me is both Furys and Wardens will have the same list of AA's to choose from, its like a minor merger of the classes. /shrug.
  10. ARCHIVED-Golembeski Guest

Thanks for the info!
    I sure hope they don't change the ability to switch weapons and keep the shapeshift abilities. I wouldn't want to give up my prismatic. :)
    Message Edited by Golembeski on 02-08-200607:17 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-AlienFaction Guest

Thanks for the info guys, excellent stuff :smileyhappy:

A question or 2 if I may (just so I understand this correctly)

1/ Each selection (e.g. Serene Symbol) has up to 8 points available, but you don't have to go that high (only to 4 for the next selection)?
    2/ The last selection in each branch requires 8 points saved before you can buy it?

Cheers

P.S. It looks, at first blush, a lot like WoW's setup, similar workings to that?
  12. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

1) true
    2) the final ability in each costs 8 points for 1 rank but it only has 1 rank whereas all the other abilities cost 1 point per rank and have up to 8 ranks.
    And yes this is a lot like WoW's setup
  13. ARCHIVED-AlienFaction Guest

Excellent, thanks Dragonrealms, much appreciated :smileyhappy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Naithik Guest

Serenity - Grants the druid immunity to stun and knockback effects. This ability can be used while stunned. Decreases Max Health of caster by 0.1 (2min duration, 10min recast)

mmm what do you mean by Decreases Max Health of caster by 0.1?? is that permanent?
  15. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

That means the spell doesn't work yet heh
  16. ARCHIVED-Lopan13 Guest

Me'z likin dat serenity ting... uhm, me'z shud know bettah den ta ask dis but...

if it make joo nar stunned ... den dat mean joo kin cast HG get dat heal werkin, n da powah feed, den use serenity n run round castin other stuff unaffected by da stun joo put on yerself?

Me'z tinkin dat cud be guud... but kin be too guud, n dey gunna take away.

If me'z lettin kitties outta bags, den joo kin tell me'z ta shut it.

me'z edit fer grammah
    Message Edited by Lopan13 on 02-08-200608:19 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Naithik Guest

dont worry my ugly friend, we will probably be getting an "upgraded" version of HG, but HG as well as duststorm will be on a different kind of stun, you can't be immune to.
    I took a quick look at fury boards and that got me worrying. They got a new porcupine, great dps spells, and cool def spells... i can only hope we will have something equivalent (and no HG isnt equivalent to porcupine)
  18. ARCHIVED-Golembeski Guest

I really hope we get some lovin in the spells department. I was talking to a Fury in my guild and it sounds like they are getting some really nice stuff. I DO NOT want an upgrade to HG...worthless spell...kids these days mummble, mummble, mummble.......................
  19. ARCHIVED-Siufu Guest

61) Bracken - aoe root and agi debuff
    61) Protection of the Oak - Protection mitigation upgrade
    62) Patron of the Forest - wolf form upgrade
    63) Regenerative Spores - upgrade to Spores with a twist : "If ally is below 50%, the amount healed is doubled."
    65) Glacial Cold - cold DoT/debuff (maybe this should be moved to level 64? since level 64 don't have a new spell)
    65) Tranquility - single target cure that removes all hostile effects (*new*)
    66) Spikecoat - DS upgrade
    67) Subzero - cold DD
    68) Greater Chloroplast - Chloroplast upgrade
    68) Primitive Instinct - offensive skill buff upgrade
    69) Ancient Slyph - aoe root, decrease threat
    69) Nature's Regrowth - single target DI upgrade
    70) Fierce Chlorostorm - group HoT upgrade
    70) Hierophantic Advent - single targe HoT upgrade that stuns caster
    70) Verdant Grasp - Group elemental/trauma cure upgrade
    70) Wave of Healing - Group DH (well, as much as we get)

Two of the spells are shown in early beta but now have been taken out from the spell merchants:
    62) Fairy Ally - summoned pet that aoe heals and provides random buffs. Note: "The faerie ally is capable of dodging area affect attacks, but is very frail."
    63) Trapping Vines - single target root
  20. ARCHIVED-Naithik Guest

Hierophantic Advent - single targe HoT upgrade that stuns caster

ok, this HoT better be 3 times the single target regen, like HG was pre-revamp, or i'm gonna cry.