Mythical(weapon) drops In solo zones?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Evolt, May 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Vulkan_NTooki Guest

I've been doing DP (Advanced Solo) 3 times aday on 4 different toons, and still havent seen a mythical drop.. Its rare as hell, and its starting to get boring as hell..
  2. ARCHIVED-Dreamclouds Guest

Have not seen one drop in almost two weeks on AB, it must have been fixed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

To answer the question where mythical bow drops. We got it dropped three weeks or so ago in lyceum group (non-challenge ) instanse on Everfrost from the last name. I was told that you have to kill all nameds ( or should it be the last one not sure) from the first try to increase probability.
  4. ARCHIVED-Darkholis Guest

Mythical drops chart:
    CD - Primary 1H and 2H
    Lyceum - Ranged, Symbols
    DP - Secondary
    Solo CD/Ly/DP - Shoulders, Necks and small chances or group CD/Ly/DP drops
  5. ARCHIVED-Evolt Guest

Guildy (Guardian) got disco on shaman shoulders from turning in solo quest to NPC and opening the box you get from him.... how wrong is that....
  6. ARCHIVED-Hateeternal Guest

Neiloch@Butcherblock wrote:
    Man you really seem like one of those who always have to put their views on other people.
    I read what you wrote earlier about the entire goal of raiding being to have best-in-slot gear and such.
    It's really sad that you have that kind of view on a game. Especially when you're playing with 23 other people, there is so much more to raiding than loot...

Afterall, if SOE decides to let mythical items drop in solo zones so be it. A solo player who gets one to drop is as much entitled to it as you are with your super best-slot-über raid gear drop, regardless of what you think about it. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Kenazeer Guest

Hateeternal wrote:
    The bingo word that sums up much of what is wrong with the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Kraeref wrote:
    You mean kill all without a death?
    The only way anyone can die in any of those zones is if they pull with broken gear, crafting gear on or maybe if the MT and healer both go LD on incoming.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Hateeternal wrote:
    With that logic raiding would do just as well if they made heroic zones to accomadate 24 people and just drop heroic gear. This of course would absolutely not go over well as a replacement for current raiding.
    When it comes to loot, the point of raiding is to drop universally better loot than heroic loot. This applies to heroic loot in comparison to solo loot as well. You are only 'entitled' to a mythical dropping in a solo zone because SoE made it drop there, not because you deserve it. It can still be a poor decision in itemization and gear progression.
    Right now some the best weapons in game drop in drunder (mythicals), zones that guilds in PoW don't even bother with since PoW drops universally better loot EXCEPT the myths. This whole 'one good thing, everything else is subpar' type itemization is just outright ignorant. They finally abandoned it when it came to shards luckily, i can only hope they do that for the rest of items as well. Making the only zones that drops shards the zones with other loot no one wants except for maybe alts or muting was shortsighted to say the least.
    Hardest mobs should drop the best loot. Second hardest mobs should drop the second best loot, etc. Any kid that can do basic 'less than' 'grater than' math problems could identify and fix problems in EQ2 item progression right now.
    They can make heroic and solo zones drop all mythicals for all I care, just as long as heroic zones drop better loot than solo and raid zones drop better loot than heroic. Within those the hardest solo zones drop the best solo loot, hardest heroic = best heroic loot, hardest raid = best raid loot. This is proper loot progression.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ibuki Guest

So I got brawler myth shoulders from DP solo the other day. Too bad im a swash. How stupid is that? Super rare item = useless. Well maybe ill get a mana out of them. They were a disco too. So thousands and thousands of total runs through this instance on the server, brawler myth shoulder drops once, theyre useless because im diff class.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Ibuki wrote:
    No more stupid than the chance of you, or anyone else getting a mythical from the solo or heroic zones for that matter. Mute the thing, hope for a mana and move along.
  12. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

Ibuki wrote:
    If I were you I'd lvl a brawler. That is way smarter than just mute a mythical rare drop ...
  13. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

Rolling an alt because you have 1 item then having to gear it up would just be ridiculous tbh.
  14. ARCHIVED-Wraths Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Just be like me and already have an alt of every class and you are covered.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Drupal wrote:
    If they were no trade like they should be this wouldn't be possible to begin with. Isn't like the item was earned it came from a solo instance.
  16. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    There's no point asking for fixes, they will never happen anyway.As long as they are heirloom I am perfectly happy to roll an alt to use it.
    Please note I never said it's well deserved, but that is an entirely different discussion which is not going to solve anything either. This is what we have. If someone gets a myth drop and chooses to mute it, then well, i'll just say fair play to them. I wouldn't mute it though :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Yes I know, it's ridiculous leveling an alt and doing WL quests / solo instances / group instances to equip it.
    That would be like like .... playing the game and we certainly cannot have that, can we ? :)