Myth Cloaks....Again!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ucala, May 29, 2014.

1. Deathmagus Member

I'd like to see the old myth effects to be updated a bit too. And I mean the RoK myths... Some proc crit chance... and let us be honest.. that may have been useful all those years ago but now it really doesn't do anyone any good to proc extra crit chance over the requirement for any specific content. The dmg procs are also so under powered now they never even account for 1% of a parse for any class ever in current content. (they might make it up to 1% if said player was in really bad gear and not pushing buttons other than to toggle on auto attack with outdated weapons) Then again it may be best if I simply not ask for the RoK myths to have the worthless portions fixed since it would likely mean any useful portions would be nerfed like the dirge myth was back in DoV. But here's to staying positive and being hopeful for the best.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would have to disagree. class specific loot can be balanced well if feedback was listened to.
    I am sure no one was like "I want those priest belts!"
    Daalilama likes this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Fixed for you. Problem with Feedback is, anyone can give it, and on these forums, that's very rarely a good thing.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

well really, it would be just like soe's silly raid council thing.
    they select a few people that know their classes to give feedback that is hidden so the public can't
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Isn't that kinda what the RC was designed for? It's not LIKE the RC, it is the RC.
  6. Matttx Member

These are just broad strokes -_-.... just ideas some may be whack or not but here goes.. just my 2 cents.

Illusionist: when equipped, Rapidity now gives, +12% Potency, +5% double cast to group members

Coercer : siren's stare applies 5% flurry, +5% weapon bonus damage to group members

Inquisitor: Improves the base heal of inquisition by 30% or chilling invigoration's reactive heal applies to group AE and has had its triggers increased to 20 triggers.

Templar: Unyielding Benediction is now a group augmentation and will reflect 120% of incoming physical damage (does not crit), it has a 60% chance to apply a very short duration stone skin to all damage when any allies (AE) fall below 50%

Assassin: in plain sight/concealment applies AE immunity to the predator during its duration and improves the base damage of all stealth attacks by 10%

Dirge: resurrects all deceased party members within a 25 meter radius of the caster with 100% health and power, all revived members receive 100% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

Shadowknight: when equipped, grave sacrement/chaos Cloud reduces all damage done to caster by 50% lasts for 12.0 seconds and will reflect 120% of all damage (does not crit)

Berserker: When Wall of Force expires, the berserker will take no physical damage for a short duration, upon expiration, healing received will be increased by 20% lasts for 10.0 seconds.

Ranger: Improves the range of combat arts by 20%, +8% weapon damage bonus, improves the base damage of all stealth attacks by 10%
  7. Matttx Member

again these are just ideas so far I'm all out of time I will finish the rest of the classes later at some point tomorrow.
  8. Matttx Member

Necromancer: Improves the damage of Lifeburn by 25%, Lifeburn's damage has been increased to 75% of the target's maximum health.
  9. Matttx Member

Mystic: stampede is now a raid buff lasting 24 seconds.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Hmm Templar suggestion is interesting and I'm not entirely against the reflect having "does not crit" point at this stage but kind of remains to be seen what's in store for next xpac.

Would keep the spirit of the temp myth cloak (taking their stoneskin group wide instead of single target) and adds some nice (least on paper) secondary bonuses to it.
  11. Matttx Member

Wizard: improves the damage modifier of Fiery Blast by 15%
  12. Chronus Active Member

Warlock:

The Plane of War version was utterly useless and was at no point best in slot for a warlock, due to the crafted cloak from Skyshrine raid components. The reason for this was that each of the 2 parts of the effect did nothing at all. The first part was a clicky that would do aoe damage that would tick harder if it hit more targets. Ok in theory but the problem was it hit for nearly nothing, the tooltip numbers were only slightly higher than cataclysm was then, and is now lower but it did not crit. The lack of crit made it absolutely pointless and would be outparsed by procs on gear and things even if you did use it. The second part was 10% SDA for 8 seconds, assuming you cast 5 spells that's half a chance that even does anything, if you want the aoe to do something you'll cast it on adds when timewarp is up anyway, so pointless. This was worse than casting a spell we get at level 1 with a reuse of 4 seconds.

The suggestion I have is to completely scrap the warlock cloak and make a new effect. You could take one of these and work with it but they are merely suggestions and may be under or over what you'd want to do:
    - Lowering base cast time of absolution (3s base so 1.5 with 100% cast speed)
    - Lowering base cast and reuse time of absolution
    - Lowering the base cast time and/or increasing the base damage of dark nebula
    - Adding more utility to curse of darkness for the group
    - Make dissolve actually worth casting
    - Boost the damage of Dark Aggravation/Overflow and allow them to SDA again (why was this stopped with no patch notes anyways?)
    - Buffs to Dark Pyre in damage, duration, reuse or cast speed

Valor.Tehace and Crushbone.Mogrim would probably have a bunch of good ideas to add.
  13. Matttx Member

Conjuror: when equipped increases the damage modifier of Elemental Blast by 35%
  14. Matttx Member

Troubador: following the use of Victorious Concerto, the troubador's group AE receives upbeat tempo, lasts for 30.0 seconds.
  15. Matttx Member

Edit: Troubador: Following the use of Victorious Concerto, the troubador's group AE receives +10% noxious mitigation, arcane mitigation, elemental mitigation. Lasts for 18.0 seconds.
  16. Matttx Member

Guardian: When equipped battle tactics is modified into a raidwide spell, increases the raid's health by an additional 8%, reduces physical damage done to caster by 5%.
    Daalilama likes this.
  17. Matttx Member

Paladin: Holy ground now increases threat priority of targets in Area of Effect by 2 positions. When the caster takes damage, they will heal themselves for 110% of the damage amount, lasts for 13.0 seconds
  18. Matttx Member

Fury: Tortoise Shell now gives group members +5% damage increase to arcane, noxious, and elemental attacks. Increases +5% mitigation to physical damage if Fighter.
  19. Matttx Member

Warden: Tortoise Shell now gives group members +5% damage increase to combat arts. Increases +5% mitigation to physical damage if Fighter.
  20. Matttx Member

Defiler: When equipped lowers the base cast speed of wards by 12% and improves the potency of all wards by 5%