Mrelgt The All Tender: Breakdown Discussion.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Estred, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

There is much truth in this.

The fight is more about bragging rights than loot =/
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

this is a bit off topic here, but thought I'd ask. me and a group did WBE for the first time not too long ago. we're in steward/instance/quested gear. we had a warden/illy/bruiser/paladin/conjy/wiz...and we got smashed by the Necromunger. the add portal spawn under random people..I couldsee that...but the adds were basically 1 shotting whomever they spawned on that wasn't me. (paladin who was tanking) how in the heck do you do this fight in the group version? we even tried kiting, but got the same result. hurt him a bit, portal spawns, X person dies. even if they tried to move when they see the portal, they'd get like 2 steps before dead.
  3. Mohee Active Member

@Rainmare

The necro fight is quite a pain. The way my group of guildies do it, is we have 4 points at which we move to around the area. Other players may have a better and easier strat, but this is how we do it. There is a LOT of moving in this fight, which makes it difficult. A warden should make it easier because of nature walk so roots shouldn't be a problem. Stacking up super close is very important in this fight (you don't want the vortex/portal to spawn close to your next move point). In between moves, we usually only have 3-6 seconds of burn time before we have to move again. As soon as you see the portal on the ground, you have to move your rear quickly to the next point. (you may need to turn particles up a bit, as the portal/vortex will appear on the ground and you have about 3 seconds before the adds start coming out of it).

[IMG]

If anyone knows a better/easier strat, please do share :) this is just what my friends and I have come up with through trial and error.

So basically...
    1: Stay stacked up tight.
    2: vortex spawns, move to next point quickly! Stack up quickly once there.
    3: Range boss until in melee range, melee until you see vortex under group members feet.
    4: Quickly move to next spot! Stay stacked up!
    5: Rinse and repeat!
  4. Erszebeth Active Member

The way I do the Necromunger fight in groups, on the rare occassion I do WBE heroic, is turn and burn, cycle temps, and keep my def./avoidance as high as possible while the group stays behind the mob, but close enough my auto attack picks up the adds, it can be rough on the healers if your undergeared to take the hits, but if your competent and geared and your healers are competent and geared, is much easier then running around; one fight where AE auto attack makes all the difference IMHO, tank has it, everyone else singular focus on the name so adds don't rip off at random.
    Whitetide and Kalderon like this.
  5. Castles Active Member

not sure if this was in the above comments, but i soloed him after a few tries as an Inquisitor (92) with a SK merc. the only problem i had was the Merc would stop dpsing at times. it looked like it turned away and was cowering. if i disengaged the merc and waited a sec until it started to run back to me, then engaged it again, it would start to dps again! my guess is there's a fear bug for this merc, once feared it just punts. i was able to complete the spank without delay once the merc was working again.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

The solo CM is very Paladin friendly and even with the gear I had when the zone was added, was a simple heal yourself tank and spank that involved LOH near the end.

So that being said I never followed the strat for the solo CM fight.

The group version we never bothered doing the CM version since we could get the same or better loot in one of the easier instances. But thanks Estred, now that I know the strat (kind of) maybe I'll convince some people to try the CM this coming weekend, even if only for the achievement.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

I never knew he had a strat, always just burned him while tanking the adds that spawn, they despawn after name dies afterall

Edit: that was for the picture of the map above me, for that name.

as for the boss in CM, no real issue, just a dps check, good to have AE blockers
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Interesting, it's quite a low HPS but i do think that this figth is a cure feast that's why 2 healers are needed. It's a cure check adn dps check.

Amusing too to see real numbers, in another post someone really stupid told me that my gameplay was really bad because my 92 mystic in quested gear was not outputing 500K of dps with her auto-attack ;-)

I should try again the advanced solo HM version, I did it but with a human player. We decided to clear the snakes
    and then back on boss and so on. So it's surprising to read that in heroic mode snakes can be ignored.

Your top 3 damage dealer would be in the top 5 in my little raid team ;-), so i sort of agree with comment about the wrong
    difficulty/reward ratio ;-)
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Ignoring the Snakes was about the only way to do it for us, they spawn so quick and have so much HP that we would hardly get burn time on the named. Truth be told the rewards you get for HM-Heroic-WBE aren't worth it. You could take a group that could do the fight into the EM-X2 Raid and get better gear.