Mrelgt The All Tender: Breakdown Discussion.

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Estred, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I have seen plenty of threads complaining about this boss. I am here to discuss both Solo and Heroic versions of this HM-Boss because it seems players are unclear about what this boss is exactly. It is far from a tank-n-spank boss. I am going to run down what I know about it, and let players figure out their own methods. This also is going off what I know so keep in mind I may miss or miss-interpret things.

The fight has 3 main components; the Snakes, the Curses and the Rifts.

The Ominous Vipers
    These little guys come in sets of 2 and have a fair bit of hp. They cast stuns/stifles meaning they are very difficult to ignore. They hit decently hard and will kill your healers if not picked up. They stack and are summoned about every 15-20 seconds it seems.
    The Curses
    There are 3 Curses on this fight, I sadly did not get good examines on these so I only know their visual effects not listed.
    - The first is Carve as curse that deals moderate slashing damage instantly and a little every tick. The main component is the "Cannot Cast Hostile Spells" component. It commonly lands on the tank and with only 1 healer must be healed through.
    - The 2nd comes from Mrelgt only in Challenge and is shared with Krelgrek the Mortified: Thunderbolt. A hard hitting debuff that also heals the boss by 6-7% life every time it hits. This must be cured.
    - The 3rd I think comes from the snakes and is a stun/stifle curse. If you only have one healer you have to power through this one.
    - The 4th is the passive "Darkness" curse that deals %hp damage on an ever increasing amount per tick. This is in effect a time limit on the fight.
    The Rifts
    Like Decorin Bonewing, Mrelgt has rifts that spawn. These deal moderate to heavy damage AE and must be avoided by the group. They are hard to see though somewhat easier to see with the HM-Vision (purple)
    Abilities
    Mrelgt of course also has some extra abilities in addition to picking up a "extra damage on hit" effect. His proc rate on Hand of the All-Tender is now higher and this is a kick up that inflicts moderate %hp damageon the first hit and harder the 2nd hit (33% and 55% in EM). He also has an ability called retributive it seems called "Spine Spiked" that hits for 40-60K Piercing on average.

Basically there is a lot going on in this fight, high dps and 2 healers are recommended for this. Please chime in with your own experiences and let's help players understand this fight and hopefully end all this "the fights too hard" whining that is going around every time something in WBE is changed.
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Mohee Active Member

I hate this fight =\

We've tried many times with an A team of our raiders. Also different set ups. 2 Healers, or 1 healer and more aoe dps, monk tank, sk tank, kill adds, just burn the name, we've tried numerous things. Moving him around to avoid the rifts always seems like a pain because of the area he is at at, the knockbacks, fears, he has a short leash. Granted this was over a month ago and haven't been back since, so not sure if anything has changed.

We've come to the conclusion that it just isn't worth the trouble.

The Wurmbone Crag HM guy its a piece of cake compared to this.

I'd like to see a fully heroic geared group attempt this guy HM and see how it goes. Or better yet, I'd like to actually see a group of legit characters played by the Devs at SoE and see what they think about it. Because it seems to extremely difficult even with a perfect set up of raid geared toons.

But thanks for the info Estred, maybe we'll throw a group together again and try it with some of your tactics and see how it goes. :)
    Guiscard likes this.
  3. Erszebeth Active Member

I can't speak to the heroic version of the HM fight, but the Adv. Solo version is still pretty easy, IF you pay attention and follow the script. On a mediocre geared warlock with inquisitor healer, both HUMAN players, managed this one, not easily, but it was quite fun and very rewarding, key points for it are:

~KILL THE SNAKES, first and foremost; you have to hard target them, as they are immune to non-direct AoE damage, but have little HP and die very quickly.

~Move around the rifts, this is more important the less gear you have, higher mit/resists help, but they still hit pretty hard regardless.

~CURE, you really can't just sit there and eat the dots, the ones from the snakes end in an uncurable stifle that seems to last for 20seconds or so.

~TAKE A HUMAN PLAYER, while it is still soloable to an incredibly well geared solo toon, a merc healer/dps/tank simply won't cut it, they can't follow the script and will die in short order after he goes HM, a human player can react to the environment and whats happening in the fight.

The rest of the fight is just dps and reaction, high dps helps kill faster which reduces the amount of reacting you have to do, but isn't required, it can be done as a survival fight in the Adv. Solo version, but strong heals and paying attention to the environment are an absolute must, if you stay on a rift it will kill you, and do so quickly. The snakes will dot you up and leave you unable to do anything, thus killing by proxy. In the end, this is a rewarding fight, not to be taken on lightly, but it can be done quite easily when you understand it, and follow the script accordingly. On a personal note, I rather enjoy it.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, I am speaking the Heroic versoin. Erz is pretty much right on how to take out the Solo version. I also enjoy the fight though I am capable of Moloing him.
  5. Guiscard Active Member

How do you get him in EZ mode ?
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

You have to right click him and hit "hit Mrelg hard to interrupt the ritual" This will prevent him from going HM.
  7. Lamatu Active Member

For the Heroic HM version my group did last week was a 5m50s fight in which we just stayed on the name always. The group had two healers and our group wide dps for the fight was 2.2million.

Our first couple pulls we tried killing snakes but couldn't keep up and dps the name. So 2.2million dps for almost 6 minute fight and we won. Healers had a combined 23kHPS.

I would be interested if others would chime in with group wide dps and duration numbers for Heroic HM version.
  8. Tylia Well-Known Member

I forget at what % health, but there will be some blue/purple text that says something about him calling the darkness (I don't remember exact words). At that time, you need to right click on Mrelg and choose the option to "hit" him to interrupt the ritual. You will get green txt on your screen once you have done that and he will be in EM.
  9. Zannah Active Member

Just to offer a differing opinion on the Advanced Solo Challenge version of this mob, I don't think moving to avoid the rifts is worth the trouble. It's easier and less hassle to just stand still and focus on killing and healing. It isn't hard to heal through the rifts (as long as you're not stifled, anyway!). Of course, I do this fight with a mystic/monk duo, so it's possible this isn't a viable strategy for other class combinations - but if you find you can survive the rifts, I personally think it makes the fight less annoying if you ignore the rifts and just eat the damage. A little bit more exciting too, for the healer, as there's not really much to heal other than the rift damage.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

The group I killed HM-Heroic on had 2 healers (combined 26K HPS) and Group-DPS was 3 Million groupwide. I lost the parse though so those are rounded values. The 4 Highest in our group were at 1100K, 800K, 600K, 250K and I think the healers combined did 100K not sure. So about 3 Million. He died in 2.5-4 minutes IIRC.
  11. Erszebeth Active Member

If its viable to eat the rifts, then sure, go for it, but my run down was for the less then geared people who aren't as likely going to be able to just eat the damage and burn through parts of the script. Its a total script breakdown for the fight, read it, follow it, you should have 0 issue winning, and if you still fail, you need some serious help with gear and class knowledge. That said, better geared people can break through the script, and ignore parts of it, more gear and skill allows for that, as it is, sometimes when procs are right I can solo it on my zerk, but that requires alot of things going right with the RNG, and its just easier to take a friend to heal and dps with me, and there, yes we ignore the script, but on my lesser geared toons like the warlock, we follow the script just to save the headache of fighting back and forth on deaths.
    Estred likes this.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

I have a REALLY really hard time avoiding the rifts, as I only see the animation of them blowing up. Wish it would be more obvious where they are, like a ring on the ground that I need to get out of.
    Estred likes this.
  13. mague Active Member

Speaking for the solo version this named and the previous Necromonger are a real roadblocker on the signature.

The Necromonger has to much HP for a quest itemized healer who has only one ranged spell to cast while moving.
    The named from topic is ok until the stun aka no heals. But i was told those only spawn on hardmode ?

Glad a raid ranger helped me. The mobs then go down in seconds :p
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

The stun/stifle curse (looks like a bubble) should only spawn on the HM-Heroic version iirc. In solo you should not be getting adds or curses in EM, are you sure you faced Prime Magnate Mrelg and not Mrelgt the All Tender?

As for Necromunger I agree that he is very hard to solo on a non-raid geared toon. This zone is however Advanced Solo and the mobs within are Heroic Down Arrows meaning they are designed for 2 players. I would actually say that Necromunger just needs to have his adds toned down in Solo to maybe 1-2 spawn per portal. This way players must do the script (kite or drag adds into more portals to despawn them) but they are not overwhelmed after 10 seconds of fighting.
  15. Kalderon Well-Known Member

There is a script for? Hum.... might be a reason why he is damn hard, but doable ^^ I normaly use tactics like " Tank & Spank " Which works out for around 99% of the CoE nameds.... at least for now :D
  16. Zannah Active Member

I'm not better geared, though, than your average player. Feel free to have a look at Zannah on Splitpaw. I think most people here would call her gear "terrible", and most pieces aren't even adorned (I'm lazy to be frank, I could craft better gear than that, but.. effort!). Her AA spec is a bit unorthodox, too. I always duo, never group or raid, so I can only wear what is obtainable by two characters.

Your write up was very good and informative, and people should definitely read it. I was just saying that not avoiding the rifts is an option for some duos and I'm sure some soloers too, and for me, a more pleasant way of doing it. I'm a healer, so I'd rather heal until my fingers bleed than play hopscotch with some silly rifts. Also, if you have trouble seeing the rifts (like I do), it could be good to know that you don't actually have to worry about them if you've got a healer who can handle the damage you take.
  17. Draylore Well-Known Member

I have not done the Heroic version yet since I really don't do much heroics but I do the Solo ADV HM alot. Its definitely a fun fight and one that requires different strats depending on your class and setup. I box it with Guard+Assassin and can afford to just ignore script and tank-spank boss....I honestly did not even know he had rifts or what not until I started reading recent threads =P However, my GF boxes it with her Defiler+Coercer and she has to the script.

I also can do it with each of my toons and their mercs........Guardian + Chelsith warden which takes forever and a day but is relatively easy and Assassin + Elite Brig which have to do the script mostly and get really lucky on Death Mark heals ....basically turns into a dice roll on win or loss =P

I think moloing it HM is probably something only a few can do. Best to bring a friend. I think just about any combo can be made to work. SoE stated way back when that Adv Solos were intended to be done with 2 players or 1 really well geared + merc. Add to the mix that this is a HM version and it makes even more sense that the majority of the players will require 2 players. Seems to be working as intended to me.
    Estred and Erszebeth like this.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Dear Estred,
    I am not trying to be mean or anything. Just out of curiosity.
    Why in the world have you started a similar thread that was closed in general discussion? To get more complains and yelling at each other? :)

Btw after all that fighting devs put a nerf on a necro guy in today's patch.

Could you please pm me your illy name? Just wanted to see your gear. Thank you!

For all, it's easy soloble zone em of course if you are a healer. Heal and hit. It can go forever. But very hard on a caster even with a merc b/c they are hard to control. I am raid geared and still have problems with seer.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

The other thread was addressing the zone and it's difficulty. This thread is simply a guide to what the boss does and nothing more. It is my hope that by informing players of how a fight works they may be able to complete it with another player rather than adding more "zone is too hard" type threads.

As for my Illy, I keep all my toons off EQII Share because I got tired of people copying my AA. If someone wants help with a Guardian I prefer they ask me instead of copying me. I stated my Illy's gear in another thread but I can at least send you a ScreenCap of my gear and the Breakdown.
  20. Typos Member

cm wurm heroic.

challenge is way greater then reward. Not worth your time. If you want decent loot don't bother with the end boss in heroic challenge mode. Take the same 1 group and go kill raid zones.

It's an overtuned fight that is nothing more then an ae dps check. interrupt wellspring, bring ae dps .. win.