Monument and Might to our UK, French, German and Japanese servers

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Brenlo, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

"The world is round I say, as it should be." - Halfling running through Qeynos

Even the NPC's know that when you travel on a round plain time zones change and eventually you'll either jump into the next or previous day if you cross that magical invisible International Date Line.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

US and EU servers normally are updated on the same Sony working day, which usually works out well, because when we log out the night before (in the middle of the American day) we patch from the American server. In the morning, there's just a quick patch for language files on the EU side.
    The problem arises when there's a difference of more than a few hours between the two, if you like to play on both sides. When the two have different updates (like happened last year), every time you move between them you have a big patch. The only way around it, if you happen to have 10 or 12GB free space, is to make a separate installation of the client, similar to the way one sets up a separate installation for the test servers.
    Having ours a week later is disappointing. What is annoying is that we were only told a few hours before we were meant to get the download, when the Update was already live on American servers, as if someone had suddenly remembered that we exist. Even then, there was no reason given, no date on the English forum, the 23rd on the French forum and the 26th on the German forum. My impression is that we're really of no importance and in fact having us around is quite a nuisance. There was eventually a post saying basically "Oops we forgot the translations again, you'll get your update on the 23rd" and although the post itself was good, it would have been considerably better if it had been posted a week previously, so people don't end up with a guild arriving bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning to see the researcher, to write their books, etc., only to be told it's not happening.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cronqar Guest

Now here you are again, SOE employees, realizing that again you goofed on your job. Remembering last minute that our world is divided by timezones, borders and different languages. And here you come, realizing that the build for the EU-servers are not ready for release less than 12 hours before. What in the world wasn't ready for release? The translation? We lived with that for years! And why don't you patch the UK-servers? I am sorry, but your explanation doesn't hold anything of value, it is not an explanation but a kick in the face of your european customers. A pretty lame excuse.
    Wouldn't you guys at SOE realize the implication of a week delay for the EU-servers in regards to "worldwides"? Obviously not what makes me believe that you guys aren't grasping the internationality of the game at all anymore. So much to a game where it was unbelievably importnat in November 2004 to release eq2 at the same time to the US and EU customers.
    And by the way, if you look for some goodies for us, better look really hard to not make that a complete embarrasment and insult. If I think about it......better not look at all.
  4. ARCHIVED-devil_hunter Guest

Stop Fooling Around With Us European Players U Morons.
    Why is it that we european players always have the f*** card with Live Updates, it would have been only fair to hold back the LU for American players too u know but NO, u favour ur folks men but hey I DON´T CARE. Soon the European servers will be much more empty than they are now because of U SOE.
    Is ur EGO that big that u don´t realize that we also pay for this game and want to be treated as fairly as the americans?
    U fail with every Live Update even more than with the previously and #52 proves it just to well.
  5. ARCHIVED-Scythien Guest

Another rush job, releasing the patch before it's even ready. Please SoE, take the time check and double-check and even triple-check that ALL patches worldwide are ready to go live before pushing them out! I wouldn't mind waiting another week, so long as the US patch is held back with ours!
    I won't mind the delay so much so long as we can get a week off our first Researched Spell for the delayed servers, like maybe in the form of a Gift Voucher we can give to the Researcher for up to 7 days off of a researched spell. That's the only thing I can really think of that will make it up for me.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Scythienne@Splitpaw wrote:
    Agreed