Monk DPS

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cpl-Hicks, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kernow70 Guest

Excellent, thanks! Will try that out when i get home.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nefarien Guest

OOOOk I see what the problem was, the guy in my group that parses for us only does ^^ mobs; he says the numbers are skewed on even and ^'s. I never noticed that was the only time he parsed. Using CombatStats btw.

Also, seems obvious but the mob you're fighting's resists has a ton to do with it, as well as how he's been debuffed. Fighting the golem guys in LS I was doing anywhere from 110 to 240 last night, in a DPS role. The 240 was with the group trying to debuff the mob as much as possible, which usually we don't bother doing. Ranger slashing debuff + cestii's = mass DPS.

To be honest though, unless I'm researching a new spell's effectiveness I don't really care about DPS. I know I hold my own.

We generally just parse to make fun of the Guardian :p Though he has a nasty habit of neglecting to taunt the next fight, and I'm not buffed to tank so...owie.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

Message Edited by Sa'meria on 05-03-2005 12:31 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

You included 360 in your average range. It would have been a more true statement for you to say I average 160 -170 DPS when I am behind the MOB and one time I even hit 360 DPS.

Instead you made an insipid statement and we called you out on the carpet for it. Don't get all butt-hurt about it.

You didn't damage any egos. It's just that the Monk community as a whole does not like inaccurate information being stated as fact. That is how nerf cries get started and generally does not help to promote a healthy flow of reliable information. Posting bad info is not "helping someone out".

But hey, at least you tried right ? :smileyhappy:
  5. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

you know what a range is? it has a high and a low 160-360 thats a range of damage that i have been able to get on average. hell sometimes i do 60 dps in a fight that im lazy in. im not going to start a flame war with u because arguing on here is pointless apparently u are always right so i concede to my corner. think im going to quit posting on these boards because everytime i do some [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] with a grudge has to speak up.
    Message Edited by diamondmage on 05-03-2005 01:45 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Fflurry Guest

I'm not getting this debate, I average 210 to 230 dps per fight that crushing is involved. Group or raid buffed, bout the same each time.
    Dual wielding prismatic and ironfist with a lot of mana regen
  7. ARCHIVED-danishpork Guest

I don't know what DPS my monk does I dont log anything, I have a question though.

I hear that alot of well equipped level 50 monks "average" 200-220 DPS, and some even break 300 from time to time, I don't know alot of Warlocks and Wizards that can perform that well, even with Master 1's and all adept III's ... Do you really think its fair that the 2 brawler subclasses can outstage both Wizard and Warlocks in endgame DPS? (Raiding)

IMO the problem is in str affecting damage, haste items, and insane fabled weapons, nothing a mage does at level 50 will improve his damage, save for Adept III's and Masters - but a monk can obtain those aswell. I guess I shouldnt complain since I play a monk and I am very pleased with my class, but I have my reservations, and I fear the nerf bat will hit hard - soon :(
  8. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

danish most of the fights where people break 300 dps are not long fights most of the time its just by cycling through specials and some luck. i've broken 300+ afew times now and it was purely because of buff's. a group with a dirge, troubador, and a fury gives us insane attack power. its not really a problem with our class more like just the current fighting system.

on a side note a good wiz will out dps us any day give enough power and a tank that can hold agro against them. most wiz's i know do not go all out and rarely get a chance to. i grouped with a 48 wiz while i was tanking and even doing 250 dps with taunts and quiet purity the wiz was still pulling agro off me. not sure on the dps but i think she hit 500 acouple of times. granted the mobs were dropping very very fast.
    Message Edited by diamondmage on 05-04-2005 03:21 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Ianthia Guest

Pssst..... Taps the glass. Don't listen to Sagarakun. He has paper mache armor and a tin foil space monkey hat. He couldn't throw a four pound turd through a wall of s&^t paper. Man this guy takes more dirt naps than pig pen.

Peace,

Ianthia Foehammer
  10. ARCHIVED-elihup Guest

I'm not trying to say that you guys don't do excellent dps, but measurements from these dps meters dont nessecarily reflect much about you, rather your group as a whole. For example, if you have an inquisitor that is going all out the parser is gunna show much more damage for several people. First off the tank is gunna get an extra 70-100 damage attributed to him for every time that he is hit from the damage component of the reactive heal. Also the Act of Belief spell line gives each member of the group a 15% chance to proc a pretty large amount up to 5 times with virtually no recast timer and very low mana cost. Im only lvl 42 and there is another spell left in this line, but for a master of this spell at my lvl each of these procs are over 200 damage. All of this damage is attributed through the dps parser not to the inquisitor but to the name that comes up in the logs. So your probably gunna proc a few of these over a fight if the inquisitor keeps that spell up, which i always do. This is only an example of the extra damage that the parser is attributing to you from an inquisitor, i have no idea what other classes may add to your percieved damage.