Monk DPS

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cpl-Hicks, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Cpl-Hicks Guest

How is a monks DPS in comparison to other fighters.... i know rogues and preds still have more DPS but im curious as to how much damage a monk can dish out. monks in EQ1 had insane DPS and i was curious if its still the same.
    thanks
    Hicks
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I just dinged 20, and although I don't think its as good as the scout class, its a huge jump up from Brawler :)
  3. ARCHIVED-ioto Guest

From Beta monks and bruiser have a little more DPS than all other Fig. but nothing compared Scout tree.
  4. ARCHIVED-woode Guest

wow this is an old thread.. gage was only lvl 20 haha :D

sorry im bored waiting for the griffon ride to be over
  5. ARCHIVED-sglanton Guest

we were all newbies at one point.. = )
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Wow, lol.
    It took me six days to get 20 :(
    My old stupid roommate was slowing me down, heh.
  7. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

well at 50 im doin anywhere from 160-360dps depending on the group and the mob resistances.
  8. ARCHIVED-Skharr Guest

Oh really?
  9. ARCHIVED-Nefarien Guest

Good lord, I must be the weakest Monk in existence.

At 49th I'm usually around 95-105 in DPS. Granted my regular group does not include many stat-buffers (ie my str and such are only in the 140's), and my guild is too low in lvl to have done any raids yet.

Using T5 rare imbued Cestii's
  10. ARCHIVED-sglanton Guest

are you saying your DPS is that high, or your per hit? upwards to 360dps is pretty high coming from 1 person (or so I would think)...
  11. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

you might need to check your parser... ive been doing doing 90 dps at the least since level 35. But hey - then again - i might need a new parser...
  12. ARCHIVED-Computer MAn Guest

I can stay competitive with the scout classes. I was coming in first or 2nd on the CH this weekend
  13. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

DPS varies tremendously based on your position.
    While tanking and standing in front of the MOB you can expect your DPS to be a good 30 - 40% less then if you are behind the MOB playing DPS and not tanking.
    This is because a MOB can block, parry, ect. attacks from the front while your attacks from behind usually land and land for good damage.
    Take this into consideration when you compare DPS.
  14. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

i am saying i average 160-360 dps(damage per second) at the end of the fight, and yes my parser works fine.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nerill Guest

Another thing to consider is that DPS can vary based on the length of the fight.
    If you are in full groups, you are not tanking and the MOBs are dropping fast ... you will have higher DPS. This is because our most damaging attacks have 30 second recast timers on them. If MOBs are dropping dead in 10 - 15 seconds, then your DPS will be a lot higher then if MOBs are dying in 25 - 35 seconds.
    Sagarakun, if you average 160 - 360 DPS in all fights even when tanking, then you my friend are the most uber of all Monks and I declare you the "winner". You can now go on and play another game since you "won" this one already. :smileywink:
    Considering your weapons and other gear and your unbuffed strength of 118, I have a difficult time understanding how you can be putting out that kind of DPS when no one else in this community can sustain that kind of Damage Per Second.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=260314203

For instance, tonight, I was tanking for my little group of 3. I was putting out on average: 85 - 105 DPS.

When I am not tanking and can get behind the MOB I average anywhere around 120 - 150 DPS in encounters that last 25 - 35 seconds.

Here is my gear:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=120676105

So please, tell the jury how you can crank out the kind of DPS that you claim to. I am very curious. Maybe I am doing something wrong. :smileysad:
  16. ARCHIVED-Kernow70 Guest

How do you view your own DPS - is it on some obscure window, or are you all calculating it manually? If so, how?
    Cheers
  17. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

look man im not tryin to win a contest there is no reason to be an [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]. i simply stated my range of dps it is fact u can ask anyone that has grouped with me they will agree with me. the 360 dps was on a 48^^ mob in perma it wasnt a hugely long fight but i cycle'd through my specials twice. if you choose not to believe me oh well fact is fact. go start a pissing contest with someone else man.

kernow combatstats is a good parser that is pretty user friendly u can get it at http://www.combatstats.com/
  18. ARCHIVED-Amanojakae Guest

Lets calculate this manually.
    Consider you using fist at 1.4 delay. So you be hitting for 40-70 damage per hit per fist. Lets say taking an upper average of 60 damage per hit per fist. So your melee DPS will be
    120 / 1.4 = 86 damage per sec
    Lets say you spam all your 5 high hitting combat arts for 400damage each. But each CA takes 2 seconds to produce so your DPS from CA will be 200DPS. So for 5 CA over 10 seconds you will produce 2000damage so that equates to 200DPS.
    But thats one cycle....the CA has a 30second refresh so over 40seconds (of which there will be no high hitting CA) your DPS will go down to 2000damage / 40sec = 50 DPS
    Add yo your melee dps will give you little over 140dps...add in the DOT will give you around 150-170dps.
    Now all the above is not exact...but how the hell can you calculate 360dps??? Of cos your just saying 360 is your upper-most limmit...which means you saying you getting alot of 300DPS a fight.
    Does your parser only runs for wintery talons?
    Message Edited by Amanojakae on 05-03-2005 04:30 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-diamondmage Guest

lmao ur not taking into account buffs. this is the MOST dps i've ever done hence it being the high. i never said 360 is my average, but if its been done once it can be repeated given the same situation. now just calm down ppl its not the end of the world. with a good group its easy to get 200+ dps on blue and white ^^'s (lvl46-50 mobs) im sorry if i damaged any of ur ego's i was just tryin to help someone out.

no i was not tanking a lvl 50 guardian was for 3/4's of the fight.
    Message Edited by diamondmage on 05-03-2005 04:36 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

Get a log parser like http://www.combatstats.com , I can't seem to run the added window mode, seems to lag my EQ2 screen, but it copies after each fight to the clipboard and then you can just cnrt-v to paste it to the chat window and show everyones combat info. Plus is does alot more too, specials tracking to keep track of what specials are used, how many times its been used, avg. damage, total damage. and LOTS LOTS more. It does NOT violate EULA, because it only monitors the log file. Check it out very customizable for combat.