Mitigation bugged?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ecugia88, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Hyiero Active Member

Yes fighters are still weak. They are in a better place than what they were but you would still be foolish to have one tank for you over say a Monk or Bruiser. DBG's approach of doing just a straight mitigation nerf on every gear put on doesn't really work in a soft cap system. As the plate tank hits the soft cap he receives less percentage per point of mitigation he has on. Which means other classes start to catch up to him in mitigation but other classes completely destroy the plate tank in avoidance which there is no way for the plate tank to increase this through current gear outside of the little bit added for your shield.

Example. I rolled a Monk and a Guard got both to 10 and made HC armor for both and equipped the armor on both. The Monk with self buffs was at 50.6% mitigation and 51.1% avoidance while my guard was at 60.5% mitigation and 23% avoid(with shield). So lets take some bogus numbers and do calculations on this.

If you were fighting a mob that swung once every second and that swing always hit for 100. A monk would avoid on average about 1 of every 2 attacks dished out to him. When he received damage he would mitigate half of that which means he would take about 25 damage per second from this mob. Now take the same mob fighting a guardian. The guardian would avoid on average 1 of every 4 attacks dished out to him. When he received damage he would mitigate 60% of that which means he would take about 30 damage per second from this mob. Now I know 5 dps is like,"Hey that's not that much!". But now factor in that diminishing returns are hitting the guards mitigation sooner than the monks so by the time they are 50 and in best in slot gear the mitigation difference between these two could be down to smaller than 5%. While the avoidance difference still being the same. Let's say those number persist through late game and they stay the same and you have a mob that hit 5 times as hard for 500 a hit.Your looking at the monk taking roughly 125 dps while the guard is taking 225dps. 100 more damage per second! It only gets worse the harder the mob hits for and the further the guardian gets into his mitigation soft cap.

Now we have always had avoid tanks and mit tanks but only nerfing one of the two stats effects one type of tank a lot more than it affects the other.
  2. Hyiero Active Member

Currently the guardian defensive buff is increasing his mitigation properly.
  3. Dixa Active Member

maybe it would be ok for monks and bruisers to be the better tanks? gives people a reason to play them over crusaders/fighters when you consider their status on live? and it will probably flip-flop the other direction as soon as expansions start to open
  4. Syneofeternity Member

So should be better tanks and do more damage....the logic is unreal.
  5. Dixa Active Member

monks outdamage sk's?
  6. Syneofeternity Member

Lol your joking right? Monks beat sks in single target and sk's win in multi target. But what of the guardian? Every other class out dps's him...what you want to do about that.
  7. Dixa Active Member

nothing. you aren't going to solve on these servers problems that also exist on live.
  8. Syneofeternity Member

Yes but in live the guardian was by far the best single target tank for majority of the lifespan of eq2 and still is arguably the best hard hitting content tank due to the stoneskins and defensive abilities. But with plate the way it is. Guards get the worse end of all of it.
  9. Dixa Active Member

calm down. im sure it will be addressed. it may not be addressed in a timeline you find acceptable, but it won't be left like this as it does adversely affect the group game and end game raiding.
  10. Riposte New Member

Oh ok awesome, I guess they fixed that issue then.
  11. Kendayar Active Member

Brawlers confirmed best tanks TLE
  12. Jazhara Member

Are the devs planning to address an avoidance debuff as well just like the physical mitigation? If so, do we know if they plan to make this adjustment before the launch?

-Jaz
  13. Dixa Active Member

one thing adding to this is that all of the +physical mitigation buffs from other classes do not affect fighters at all. this is what is letting clothies hit 60% mitigation.

as an example of this i am two boxing a conj and fury right now. at level 12 it had something like 260 physical mit, which translated to 62% vs a same level mob. almost 100 of that was from group buffs, and those buffs do not affect fighters.
  14. Wojo New Member

[IMG]Brawlers ~ 2.4% base avoidance, 16% deflect, 25% effectiveness of armor instead of 15.
    Swashbucklers ~ 25% avoidance and physical mit.
    Crusaders ~ 5% base avoidance and stamina.
    Warriors ~ Nadda. Not sure I can justify playing a Guardian at launch unless you really love aoe taunt in pvp. Berserker will be a dual wield melee dps, pretty confident brawlers will dominate for a while as things currently stand.
  15. Syneofeternity Member

N

Not only that but brawlers gain a base 90 avoidance every level which translate to a base 39.4% avoidance for that current level mob. Cloth gains 72 per level which translates to 24% avoidance to that current mob while plate wearers get a whopping 22.5 a level or 9.8% avoidance to that current level mob. As it stands every single class can gain the mitigation that plate wearers can gain and even with a shield the plate tanks can't even reach some classes "base" avoidance...As it stands plate tanks = paper weights. I could only see them being used maybe during raids...and probably not even you would just take a well geared brawler. Would love for a developer to even address they are looking into a more appropriate solution to this than just straight reduce one stat evenly across all classes. As I've said before if you are just going to reduce mitigation...do it on a per class basis to make things a little more even'd out.