Mitigation bugged?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ecugia88, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Ecugia88 Active Member

My 26 guardian has gear with Mitigation ranging from 150-172 on each piece of armor. I have 7 pieces of armor on and my mit is below 500. Whats the deal with the mit being bugged?
  2. Hyiero Active Member

Its not bugged, they nerfed mitigation by 50% which effects plate tanks the most of any class. I believe they are working a better solution on this right now.
  3. Ecugia88 Active Member

Un-freakin-believable.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Why would you want gear to have normal mitigation and stats on the TLE Beta servers? The level 1-80 content is so freakin easy with our current over inflated stats.
  5. Hyiero Active Member

Have you seen plate tanks actually tank content? They tank worse than cloth wearers atm...It's not the points of have normal mitigation it is the point you can't just reduce mitigation and expect everything to work as intended.

So I can pretty much speak for every plate tank when I say if it means tanking how we are now and trivial content. We will take trivial content. But I am more than confident that the developer team has some intelligent people to be able to figure out how to make the content challenging without totally eliminating the use of a plate tank.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are balance issues to be addressed, but just the general idea of lowering mitigation and other stats on TLE servers to make things more challenging is one I support. We probably also need to see level 1-20 taunts and other agro-control abilities return to Fighters. They were taken away a few years ago when it was realized that level 1-20 was a solo snoozefest.
  7. GBlack Active Member

Fighter w/o aggro spells? But why?! :) Rolled SK for a test - got an aggro skill right at the lvl 1. But that is crusader. What is the reason to remove main archetype abilities away?
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Because over the years, level 1-50 in EQ2 became solo content. Why do you need to control agro when you're the only player?

With the TLE servers, there will hopefully be a need once again for grouping in 1-50 content, and thus fighters need those abilities back.
  9. GBlack Active Member

Imposiburu... W/o taunts tanks are just useless in early pvp like in every crappy regular MMO :( Taunts should be delivered right away. What about monks right now? No taunts 1-20 too?
    Ecugia88 likes this.
  10. Hyiero Active Member

I also would like to see reduction of stats without breaking the way classes are actually meant to be played but it isn't quite that easy. Currently a much more elegant approach needs to be taken in order to make content more difficult. Currently it is the same thing as debuffing avoidance by 50%...well if I have 20% on a guard, now im at 10%( a debuff but managable) . Where if I'm a bruiser at 60% now I'm taking a 30% loss instead(Potentially game breaking and would totally ruin the class from being played in one of the ways it was meant to be played).

I totally support making things difficult and want to see this happen as bad as anyone else. But I don't support taking the oo we will just nerf this number and things will work themselves out. If you are going to nerf numbers it needs to be done on a lot of different stats and it probably needs to be done on a per sub-class/ per class basis.

The point is percentage based nerfs won't do the job here because certain classes will always take a much bigger hit than other classes. I posted an example of this in another forum but compared a 20 guard and a 20 bruiser. Guard was in all steel crafted and the Bruiser was in Frostfang quest gear( the worse of the two). Mitigation for the Guard was 41% while the Bruisers was 37%. Avoidance for the guard was 17% while the Bruisers was 58%.
  11. Ecugia88 Active Member

Really wanna take that route, eh? My 26 Guardian has les MIT than my level 25 Ranger guildy. The Ranger is in Offensive Stance
    This is on the PVP Beta server. Does that make sense to you at all? A Ranger having more Mit than a Guardian? Do you even play PVP?
    GBlack likes this.
  12. Wojo New Member

I have a 30 zerker in full level 20 crafted or better sitting at 500 mit, pre-nerf would've been 1000. Also add in priest group buff 200ish mit this level (doesn't affect fighters anymore). So I went from 1200 to 500 mit... I wonder why fighters suck.
  13. Hyiero Active Member

Lol yes currently fighters are more squishy than a cloth wearer.
    Siren and Slant like this.
  14. Humakt Member

I could tank tier5 mobs better on my brigand in treasured gear than my SK in Ebon... Both same level. My Brigand is not as squishy in crappier armor
  15. Clairvoyiant Member

Are you sure it's crappier? Because most of the treasured I've found tends to be better than MC gear.
  16. SeaJae Member

My 50 necro had more mitigation than the 50 paladin in our group.
  17. Hyiero Active Member

^This....right now plate tanks are for looks. They have about 0 use as of right now.
  18. GBlack Active Member

Any changes after the wipe? fighters're still fked up?
  19. Dixa Active Member

since we are talking about group situations here where it would really be a pressing matter, how about taking away all of the 'if fighter' restrictions from the physical mitigation group buffs other classes provide pre-50 if no other solution can be found that does not inordinately adversely affect plate wearers more than others.
  20. Riposte New Member

It was bugged before the wipe. They cut the mitigation in half, BUT no worn armour % buffs effected it. 15% increase with SK defensive stance, but wouldn't effect mitigation at all.