Info Needed Missing Recipes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Squidly, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Squidly Active Member

Title says it.
    My Alchy just tried to make level 123, 124 and 125 Experts for my Pally. Last week I made the same three levels of Experts for my SK.
    Today, I tried to make those same three levels of Experts on my Alchy and the level 123 and 124 Experts were missing from my recipe book. I could only make level 125 Experts.
    Fierabras, Observing, Morukta and 5 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the crafting window, click the EDIT button. Scroll down and find the list of recipe books, then scroll through that list to find "Advanced Vetrovian Alchemist Volume...". Which books show up there?

If the books show up, you probably were just not close enough to the crafting station.

Otherwise, that's something to open a Support Ticket for.
    Squidly likes this.
  3. Mermite Member

Try using the recipe window without being next to the crafting station (using the N key) and see if the recipes are there.

I've noticed that sometimes if I click on a station, the recipe won't show up, but if I close it and click on a different part, it will. Or if I open the recipe using the N window before clicking on the station, it will work.

Happened just today. Clicked on the loom, but the tent recipe didn't show up. Closed it and clicked on the mannequin instead, and it did. And yes I spelled it correctly. I verified that.
    Squidly and Breanna like this.
  4. Squidly Active Member

Thank you Sig.

I did not know about this search ability. However, I did as you suggested and only Advanced Vetrovian Vol. V was listed.
    I know that I had the other levels of recipes in my book, because my main SK, still has a lvl 123 Expert made by Valssitha.

Will try the Support Ticket.
  5. Squidly Active Member

Mermite: I had tried all that you had suggested about 4 times and even at various crafting stations. The recipes were just not there.
    Thank you
  6. Purajh Member

I had the same thing happen to me with my advanced vetrovian adornments I book and have had a petition in with a GM who advised that I should post here as well for this issue. They said they could see that I scribed the recipe but then logged into my account and verified it is not listed in my recipes
    Kuulei, Twyla and Squidly like this.
  7. Squidly Active Member

Latest Update:

Customer Support ticket submitted: #1038150.
    Yes, CS went through and verified that I had scribed VOV Advanced Alchemist books Vol III, IV and V. CS could also see that Vol III, IV were indeed missing from my recipe book.
    They also discovered that my Vol V was BUGGED and that there was nothing more they could do. They recommended that I submit a /Bug Report.
    Doobius40504, Kuulei and Twyla like this.
  8. Purajh Member

To add more details for my situation the Ticket number was #1038121
    They were able to verify the exact day I scribed my book on 12/26/2021
    They were unable to do anything to fix the situation and advised me to add to this post.
    I had someone link a copy of the book I had that was missing and in the link it shows the "you have already scribed this book" text that leads me to believe that even if I get another copy I will not be able to scribe it again.
  9. Squidly Active Member

Bumping this. As it seems the Devs don't care that they have bugged recipes.
    Morukta and Doobius40504 like this.
  10. Doobius40504 Active Member

Well, it's already Jan 4, and the latest Dev Tracker post was Dec. 23, so yeah, they are still playing hookey from work. Or hiding, as usual. They hate their jobs, and Darkpaw doesn't care.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you understand that game developers do a "crunch time" thing where they work insane hours of overtime when a new expansion comes out? They're not "playing hooky", they're recouping hours of overtime from the crunch before the expansion release. If you were in Beta, you would likely have noticed that the devs were around and active at all times of day, all days of the week.
  12. Doobius40504 Active Member

Maybe you don't understand. I worked 60+ hours a week as an offset pressman from the 70s until 2016, and I always came back to work ready to resume my duties. Do you understand they get PAID to do this work? And their "crunch time" is a month out of the year, once a year. And yes, they work, but they don't do physical labor like I did for over 40 years. So, get off your soapbox - even if you do provide some good content here, your blind dedication to a crew of people who really don't GAF about ANY of us, except maybe DenMother, makes you sound like a sycophant. And I've done customer service since my back gave out in 2016 and I can tell you that sitting in front of a screen helping people ain't no bad gig, especially for the pay they get. So, no, I don't understand why they can't COMMUNICATE. That's just laziness and disregard for the customer base. Which is slowly dwindling away.

Peace!
    Alioha, Juraiya and Morukta like this.
  13. Garthan Member

Just my 2 cents, you do realize when people are frothing at the mouth, devs are less likely to reply until they have a definite answer as to it being fixed. Also, holidays....people take time off for holidays and they probably have a skeleton crew right now...not to mention people may have gotten stranded wherever they went for the holidays due to thousands of flight cancellations. I've been playing since 2003, I also used to be a forum moderator for SOE on EQ2, they will fix it and get it sorted, just be patient and polite please.

As a side note, I work in IT, for the last 3 weeks it's been a skeleton crew at work, and it's even worse in those cases, every time the holidays come around, that's when the fires start. I always take the first week off of January....and of course, come Monday morning, while I'm off, my phone starts blowing up. I got up to a new fire this morning and actually had to just give up and log into work and deal with something because no one else could come up with a solution fast enough for the people frothing at the mouth...

Just relax and let them get to it. It's not like it's the end of the world, it just may (and probably will) take a couple weeks. It's not like you can just flip a switch and everything is fixed. I also used to be a developer for 20 years until I moved on to infrastructure...not every database/code issue is easy to figure out, nor implement a fix that doesn't break everything else...

Just remember the devs are people too, with families, and lives outside of work, just like you and me.
    Kethryl, Breanna and Xillean like this.
  14. vlada Active Member

its called vacation. i would stop assuming that it's something else
    Xillean and Sigrdrifa like this.
  15. Taled Well-Known Member

And I'm sure that if customers came back in to your shop speaking to you the way you and others post towards the devs, you would have politely responded that you're fixing the perceived problems and everyone would just have gone about their days as normal...
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

Their "crunch" time is a lot more than just once a year for a month. I would assume its also every time there is a GU at the very least as well.
    Xillean and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. Squidly Active Member

What "More Information" do you, the Devs, require?

It would be nice to get my Vol III and Vol IV recipe books back. I can use those on my second Alchemist, while this issue is being researched.
    Morukta likes this.
  18. Purajh Member

Yes what info is needed I have this issue as well
    Morukta likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Give them the name of the toon affected and server, plus the exact titles of which books it was.
  20. Purajh Member

Here we go a batch of data to rehash my previous post and such.
    Character: Sabulis
    Server: Skyfire
    Recipe: Advanced Vetrovian Adorner's Volume I
    Customer Support Ticket: 1038121
    Customer Support Agent: Flora "Violetann" R.
    Date Book Scribed: 12/26/2021 (Confirmed by Support agent)
    Date of support ticket: 12/28/2021

If any additional information is needed please let me know
    Sigrdrifa likes this.