Minted Masquerade Token

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Arclite, Jan 25, 2024.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

We get it, you want us to grind and a lot of us enjoy grinding for currency so we can buy the item we wanted but there is a clear cut path in grinding where the time put in equates to the reward you get but keeping this currency on RNG is antithetical to the whole grinding aspect. You are literally gating people from getting more resolve by having RNG in getting this currency. Why?

We have people who just do heroics with no interest for raids nor need higher resolve and yet have more coins then those who are grinding zone after zone and need the coins to upgrade and get more resolve. Why is it like this? Why can't you put some sort of a fixed amount of this currency on the quests we are already grinding so at the very least we know we are building towards something. You can then add the RNG reward for extra currency.

This is not too much to ask.

Please review this.
    Kojacke, Jest, Drona and 3 others like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You're supposed to earn your raid gear over the course of the next 12 months. There's basically two schools of thought towards this:

1. Guarantee coins everytime players are running dailies, weeklies, and heroic missions on a daily basis until they have purchased all the raid gear before the first Game Update in April, and then complain about not having anything to spend on come July despite more herald camps and raid bosses from them still being rolled out.

2. Leave it to RNG so that players will still be engaging in the content after the Fall game update as the expansion rolls in.

It's still only January.
    Smashey and Chikkin like this.
  3. Aggy Active Member

The RNG wouldn't be such a problem if the gap wasn't so huge. You have some players running every day with 100+masks and others with barely 10.
    Sentrasia and Arclite like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

No idea why i have 17 (lets calculate with the doublecoin for menmbership....)

Think i should have 42 ;)
  5. Smashey Well-Known Member

If it was April and players were 100 resolve away from doing T4 content this thread would make sense. We are in January and a lot of us can already afford at least one Masquerade item, some even two.

I see zero issues in having to play the game to play the game.
    Taled likes this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

A weekly would help mitigate this somewhat.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

As I said in my first post, no issues with grind, no issues with it requiring time to grind raid gear but don't put the masquerade tokens on an RNG is such a way that some people with lesser runs have more than those who frequently run zones. We have terrible RNG elsewhere in the game as it is, no need to add another.
    Jrox and Aggy like this.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Include a chance to get masquarade tokens in all seasonal holiday PQ's like Erollisi Day, Tinkerfest, please
    Kattt, Twyla and CSP84 like this.
  9. Aggy Active Member

I agree
  10. Kaladz Active Member

Adding masquerade tokens to the achievements for the higher tier quest turns for each camp would also be nice. Currently, they seem to only give the Minted coins. If you are willing to grind 100, 200, or more quests at the different camps, I feel some masquerade tokens would be deserved.
    Rattophaxe, Sentrasia, Stixx and 4 others like this.
  11. Drona Well-Known Member

Killing the avatar should give 100% chance to drop at least one mask.

The mask (or the items which give) mask were dropping at reasonable rate in h2 before the first avatar was killable. Then all of sudden, they nerfed the h2 drop rate.
    Jrox, CSP84, Sentrasia and 2 others like this.
  12. Arclite Well-Known Member

This ever got any traction?

Or the instanced avatar dropping 1 now was the response to this?

Or are we going to see "Masquerade coins now will correctly drop" sometime soon like in a few months?
    Smashey, CSP84 and Chikkin like this.
  13. Fezagga Member

2 Months in, many many many heroics, many raids and not enough masks to purchase anything worthwhile. And now the 2nd avatar isn't killable? or just untested by the devs. I'm sure the RNG is better for other players.
  14. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

The mask drops are nothing short of pathetic. There needs to be consideration to either greatly increase the number of masks that drop, or greatly decrease the number of masks needed.
    SolarFaire and Arclite like this.
  15. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Both Avatars are killable. The masks from contested is 3, so 6 for member. They both could be boosted, but I have a feelling they are doing this due to there going to be 18 camps. You don't need the max weapon from each camp as version III's will protect you against the contested's check.
  16. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

As I have mentioned above, the whole point is for you to continue to work at it over the rest of 2024. Why get frustrated just because you aren't fully decked out in the best gear by the end of February?
  17. Kojacke Active Member

The issue isn't that we don't have everything now, the issue is that there are unique items at every camp that you'll want to have as each camp completes, but the RNG makes it so that you can't realistically do that. In theory the few guaranteed coins off of each avatar will help, but not *nearly* enough to get the items as they come out. Not to mention needing a different weapon for every contested avatar, which adds up FAST. I'm glad they aren't worth points on progression, that would be even more of a nightmare than it already is.
    SolarFaire and Jrox like this.
  18. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Basically you are saying you can't have all the items you want. Good make choices which are more important to you.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am with Kojacke on this. There needs to be a way and path to get all of the things. Same for the Adornments. Everything is tested by the player base to determine it's worthiness. Simply stating make good choices is rather like a crap shoot on what would be ideal for each person. Without obtaining all the things, you are suggesting we settle. If it was free to play sure, maybe. But we all pay to play, there should be availability made to obtain all the things...
    SolarFaire and Drona like this.
  20. Clintsat Well-Known Member

There should be a reasonable way to get the required currency for the raid weapons (both currencies) through raiding.
    Kojacke likes this.