Merge some of these servers already

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sikora, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sikora New Member

I currently play on Unrest and the server is as dead as can be. I have tried for hours every day this past week to get groups started and it just doesn't happen. I know there are other players on different servers who are dealing with the same issue.

I just recently cancelled my gold membership because of this. If you want my money Sony which I would be happy to give you start merging servers. Stop holding out hoping people will pay a ridiculous price to transfer.
    Gamer likes this.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I don't care too much because I tend to only really play now around raids, I might be logged in, but I won't be doing much.
    But to add to the OP point. yes, most of the servers are a wasteland, even during their "prime time". I got a bunch of people jump me today on Guk when I said Guk was dead. a bunch of crys of "Guk isn't dead, our raid channel is active with cross server tells" and "I am talking to my guild right now, seems active". I mean c'mon, the cross server tells on the channel thing is a moot point since they are...cross server.
    and guild thing is pretty moot too. Too many in denial that the servers are empty and should just be merged.
    Edit:
    but to the OP, this has been mentioned many times and I don't see it happening soon.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

We keep hoping, Guk too is dead and embalmed. Same 4 raiders talking to raiders who moved off server in general chat. With the occasionally stupidity of politics religion, not grouping.

I am seriously only interested if they merge us into Freeport or AB though, merging us with another dead server IS NOT AN ANSWER.
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Inability to form a group can have several causes other than "dead server".

Some of them point at yourself, some of them point at a severely smaller need to group being present in the game.

This is the result of many, many things that were asked for on these boards and elsewhere. And many of us told you so.

The servers have people. None of them need to interact with you.
    Avirodar and slippery like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

In the summer the body count is always down. Happens every year. My Brother dislikes the summer season because of this.

People are fishing, swimming, biking, yardworking, BBQing and beer drinking.
    Korargl and Ragna like this.
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

I blame the unexciting SG instances for the lack of seeing people grouping as much. The new zones are meh at best to run so I and most people I know don't. Unlike how everyone used to enjoy and run HE and DC all the time. I'd rather go to pug raids of AoA or HE then the new instances. I still see a lot of that going on.

Summer is also a big part of it. Lots of people constantly on vacations and such.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

It is true that this game and most games for that matter are slower in the summer.

However, over the last couple of years we have lost a great deal of the dedicated player base we once had due to unpopular changes to the game, broken mechanics, euro players being forced to Prosieben etc.

All I can say is if you think it feels like a ghost town now, wait until EQN Landmark is released.
  8. Teleute New Member

Haven't they already 'merged the servers' 'enough over the last 9 years?? How few is enough for you?
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Honestly I won't be happy til I am on Freeport or AB.

They merge 2 'dead' servers creating 1 dead server with a bigger base of people that don't log in anymore. twice now for nekta-lava-guk.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

You mean Guktulos Storm? Still a good crowd there, but yes like most "light" servers it's pretty much Raiders (who usually log in for short periods) and Solo players it seems. Though Guk is more Group active than the server I am on now.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why anyone would pay to move and not move to one of the larger ones like Freeport/AB.
  12. Feara Well-Known Member

Everyone I know in RL not playing now quit for this very reason. Seen two more go last month. Now my Brother and his wife are really thinking about leaving after 9 years (I sure hope not :().
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

People can farm the easier CoE zones, and get a set of T2 Steward armor, and weapons. There is almost nothing, reward wise, to consistently inspire people to run the SG zones. The SG-CH has a wrist which is cute and all, but that's it. The mythicals from the SG zones don't even rate a mention.

Itemization is why people don't group. Solo'ers cried about how they deserve raid level loot, because they go to all the effort to face-roll trivial content. Now that raid loot drops in solo zones, and easy CoE zones why would the masses want to run SG?
    Lacksmelanin likes this.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

first of, people never really -enjoyed- running HE and DC, DC was just fast and HE just had 2 mounts in it
  15. Epixz Member

storm (french server got merged with guktulos?
  16. Sure Active Member

No they took the Storm from Lavastorm to make up that name, more likely that the French, German and UK servers get merged together since they all under pro-what-ever-you-call-it. If they choose to do that, though I am sure they have language issues due to localization stuffs. Is the Russian server under the pro guys or they still with that even more unpronounceable company name?

It is also possible a bunch of us are not doing groups till the next expac hits, even though a certain unfortunate event happened at SoE recently that casts a cloud over weather they will release it on their initial schedule and if it will be as ready as it needs to be despite the claims of everything is OK, kind of.

For me personally I am taking a break till it comes out, I know there are others with similar plans, I'm not even hardcore and I have 4 toons raid geared one of which I raided on and I have three more in full steward and I have enough obols and junk to gear up another four or five most likely. Only thing left for me to do is complete those shiny collections from the group zones. Maybe they need to start putting massive impossible to complete type collections in raid zones too? :eek:
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

This thread is brought up over and over, I doubt it will happen soon. I transferred to Guk about 6months back because I knew some RL friends on there. I ended up getting discos from five of the items I had been wearing for months (non-raid gear at that.) I ended up transferring back because it was so dead and the friends I had played different hours so rarely got to group with them anyway.

Should be four servers IMHO:
    Nagafen (PVP), AB (RP), Freeport and Crushbone.

Game wide, enable the option for a free transfer token per toon. After 30days, start merging them. Last toon with same name to log in gets it without the 'x.'

edit: Don't know anything about international servers, so won't comment on those.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

When they fix the DF, and if its done proper, they will know almost immediately if and what servers need to be merged since it won't be cross server. Even if the incentive to group is light or lacking the relative differences in traffic will tell a lot about grouping populations and which servers are in need making the argument of lackluster heroic content and the sociability of the player moot for server merges.

They already said making it cross server would require a database overhaul so its not like they are making it server only just to start. If one servers DF is popular while another is dead they will have little choice.

If it wasn't for avatars I would say 1 mega server would be ideal.
  19. slippery Well-Known Member

They said the first thing they want to do after rebuilding the database is cross server dungeon finder. I think the hope was for the second GU of 2014
    Gamer likes this.
  20. Estal Well-Known Member

Funny enough during the double exp weekend the overcrowding on splitpaw was so bad the number of player characters once again exceeded the number of trash mobs being up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.