Mercenary Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkbeast, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Riverbear Active Member

Merc survey proceeding, -jury is still out :)
    3 weeks overdue & counting. Sampling requires a pool of 100 same-conditions event to draw from.
    20 mercs in the race.
    (5 SC &/or pre lvl 100 exp pacs, 5 BoL, 5 RoS, 5 VoV,)
    40% thru indicators are still transient. Only the obvious has risen to the forefront so far
    -investing in @5's level training of VoV mercs absolutely wins in merc cha bonus.
    Albeit that was a given from the start.
    Current favorite: Forlorn Harbinger VoV ranger abilites & cures.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I find this discussion interesting, I never realized the merc doesn't cast verdict in passive, thank you for that Sigrdrifa.

It does require a ton of raising mercs to be in line with current difficulty rates with completely insane numbers, but they are trying to bring back in old customers they have already run off once and expect them to blend their way back in to the community or catch up in a reasonable time frame... how is this supposed to happen? In order to catch up to be competitive they will have to spend s****tons of money to do so and or grind 24-7 for a considerable amount of time... niether of which I am or would be willing to do.
    So returning players are left with what? Spending money on crates that may or may not (usually the latter) contain something useful to advance training on mercs mounts and spells.. then to add insult to injury you are going to give me a fracken 40 day merc advance training bauble that doesn't give the full amount of time if you are training under the 40 day limit, I can take the merc from say level 2 to level 3 which is a couple of days time, the rest is just wasted, so I have used a 40 day bauble and got screwed out of 38 days worth of training.. haha, it doesnt tell you that crap beforehand!
    Or you could spend more time using the rng thing they call Overseers and fill your bags up with useless crap with odds that are basically never in your favor for the same results.
    The writeup on EQ2 wiki for the mercs is a basic guide, much of the info is wrong and or missing, you have no way to go back and check them all because they would have to be checked at a baseline with the same toon that has a stable divine potency/sta, w/e.... Like my level 2 toon might start with 3000+ health and 2000+ power, different folks had different amounts as is obvious by the skewed numbers, you cant get a dev to actually explain how things are calculated with them in a way that makes sense as what they say and what we see when using them are usually two different things.
    And no Sigrdrifa I am not knocking the Wiki, its one of the most useful tools I have access to when trying to find things out, I applaud how much time and effort you have put into it, many of us are grateful for the work you have done there.

Yet they want customers to hang around for this?
    sry, going to bed now, tired and obviously cranky
    Riverbear likes this.
  3. Riverbear Active Member

It's certainly only my take on it, however, it seems like the lion's share of effort levied by the Developers of the game is specifically meant to promote "s***tons of money" to be spent on the game.
    What other reason for the ubiquitous friction applied to players being able to play.?
    Ayodi likes this.