Mercenary Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkbeast, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Darkbeast New Member

Would be very usefull to be able to store or rearange the order of Merc we use or dont use. If possible would be cool if we can put it in our home like Mounts as decoration pieces.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I very much would like to something to reduce the number of mercs I visible to me - same for mounts.
    Breanna and Bisquette like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

For mounts, you can always just set mounts to never show when it's a problem.
  4. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Really, I didn't know that - will check it out.

Ok how do you do that exactly ?
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Darqui has a favorites feature. Can save the ones you want that way if you dont mind a custom ui
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

NM - converting mounts I don't use to house items for now. Wish could do the same for mercs.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I wish mercs would list the level they are on like mounts do, so you can see which ones you have leveled. Instead of having to hire them just to check, or keep a list of each character (which is a pain)
  8. The Martian Active Member

The Level Display / Different Colour for the one currently being trained just like the mounts would be an Incredible improvement... and much appreciated :)
  9. Darkbeast New Member

I alleready use Darqui and no such thing like that! Give me more info if u sure of that
  10. Priority Well-Known Member

Is it updated? There are 3 tabs in the merc window. Normal, a minimalist, and favorites.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

He's talking about in the Mount window - the answer is to move unused mounts to your bank or house.
  12. Darkbeast New Member

Thanks, Yes it is updated and only got minimalist choice, no favorite....strange
  13. Priority Well-Known Member

I wonder if the favorite is the Patreon version? I dont keep up with all of it, buts its incredibly useful.
  14. Riverbear Active Member

Hearty de-hurtful retractions if this question does not belong here, yet,
    I would like to ask if changing Mercenary Contribution Bonus [ a good thing here ] also came with
    Merc Healers hauling off & starting fights like a Tank Merc?
    ~~And yes, before we jump in with the obligatory "You can turn off your merc" comments,~~
    the observation experience I am seeing is that now all my Mercs act like tanks, in combat.
    Perhaps, 'We", copied Merc codes a smidge too much?
    Ayodi likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Merc healer AI was changed a bit, but unless they are on passive, any merc is going to attack at times. If you have it "Protect", it is always going to attack anything that hits you. It may also attack anything that hits the merc. If you have it "Assist", it's always going to attack whatever you hit.

You might try explicitly using /merc ranged to help keep it from charging in.
    Riverbear likes this.
  16. Riverbear Active Member

______________"Merc healer AI has changed a Bit"____________
    The rest was that 'Jump-in' I regretably was to vague to ward off. My bad.
    I noticed. You noticed. Thus you are a general yes.
    "a bit" begs for more illumination.

Thanks for helping. I'll be working on learning & defining that, "a bit".
    Ayodi likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Unfortunately, Gninja wasn't super detailed. Supposedly the healers are supposed to be better about moving to avoid line-of-sight failures . We also discovered that Inquisitor mercs won't cast Verdict unless they are actually fighting, so now I throw them into combat at the end of fights.
    Riverbear likes this.
  18. Riverbear Active Member

Statistics and data rendering (looking at what a Merc does & when they do it)
    will take some weeks for a thorough dive into
    Merc vs Merc conclussions. There are indicators now, but no-way enough
    data to draw anything solid yet. Barring too many world wide changes,
    I hope to have something substantive by the end of January.
    Thanks for discussing it.
    Ayodi likes this.
  19. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Mercs suck in general only healers have value in general.....i had high quality tanks and they cant tank **** at RoS probably get one hit at VoV.....by any mob
  20. Riverbear Active Member

VoV Sig line requires repeated laps thru Zones. VoV is well populated with overland MoBs.
    Initial runs (Long way to go yet, as in not finished with tests) with Vylklorin th Vile (BoL guide quest merc, healer, trained to 20th lvl merc with full rack of accolades & a mix of merc only & various PC armor) have been satisfactory. He easily handles 1 or 2 pkgs of overland MoB adds.
    KEY - mulitple mercs of the same expansion leveled to stack bonus's.
    Mercs will return the effort you put into them.
    I consider Game Devs to have done well with mercenaries - given that we take the time to invest in mercs.
    Plug&Play - 'out of the box' won't cut it. You gotta sharpen that axe :)
    Ayodi and Twyla like this.