Fixed Internally Mercenary Batallion buff removed on zone.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Stace, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Stace New Member

Currently, after zoning, the effects of the Mercenary Batallion buff are removed, these can be reapplied by resummoning the merc or casting an "evac".

This seems to happen each time you change zones, regardless of what zone it is.
    Twyla, DreadRoberts, Roxtar and 9 others like this.
  2. Loric Member

Same for me. Character Loric, Server Thurgadin.

Merc gives me 6,731 cb, increased by 23% from the infusion. When I zoned (e.g. from Splendor Sky to Zimara Breath) I lose the extra from the infusion.

BUT if I then cancel my deity pet buff and recast it, the stats sometimes come back. Sometimes they don't.
    Nabu likes this.
  3. Stace New Member

Yeah, I rushed to submit this but the title is a little bit misleading.

2 things,

- It doesn't actually "remove" it, you can see it in your Beneficial Spells Window
    - It's only the additional stats from the Mercenary Infusion.

For example, if I zone to Guild Hall,
    955% fervor.
    Resummon Merc,
    1021% fervor.
    Drop infusion buff and resummon merc
    955% fervor
    Kaladz likes this.
  4. Loric Member

Yes the buff still shows as being on you in spell effects and maintained spells, but the effects stop working. Although, take some gear off and put it back on... different stats again. Cancel deity pet buff, recast it, stats change again.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

I suppose merc exploit was finally fixed but in the process broke the legit players stats?
    Drona and Nabu like this.
  6. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Caith
    If we still had dynamic spell / ability updates there wouldn't be any problems like this.

Please bring back the dynamic spell and ability updates.

This would also solve various other problems with the infusions and also with the recasting of all buffs after using Vampiric Requiem, to take an effect.
    Nabu likes this.
  7. Tigerr Well-Known Member

This is a big deal since we won't be able to resummon our mercs in raid. Please fix ASAP.
    SolarFaire, Vaella and Nabu like this.
  8. Piixl New Member

I am having similar issues, all my characters lost over 100 Fervor fully buffed. The Fervor value drops dramatically after zoning/login as well. I tried full AA reset and regearing to no avail.
  9. Disrption Active Member

Strongly agreed this is far less than ideal. Full respec and gear reset tried to fix this and all of my toons are roughly 100 short on all pre-patch Fervor totals.

Is this a bug or intentional? Are we meant to lose fervor every time we zone? Seems like an odd direction to take the game.
    SolarFaire and Nabu like this.
  10. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Merc infusion stepping on the battalion buff should be mostly resolved, there are still a few issues with them competing on reapplication timing, but the base battalion effect should no longer be canceled by the infusion reapplication. (As per Caith).
    Twyla and SolarFaire like this.
  11. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Will we need to constantly reapply this every time we zone?
    SolarFaire likes this.
  12. Tupperbeast Active Member

Don't get me wrong, what I can't understand is how can new things be broken every time after a patch day? Why aren't such things generally tested by employees? As a paying customer, that's a legitimate question.We learn the items or pay for the items and they don't work, this isn't the first time that things don't work 100% after a patch.

These errors simply need to be reduced and implemented better, otherwise it will annoy even more people in the long run or even more players will end up leaving the game.The server numbers are already going down drastically because of the whole pay to win situation.

Have a nice Day :D
    MikeBob2023 likes this.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

A small bug that mostly got fixed the same day. If people leave over that, I guess bye!
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Full fix for both the battalion buff and the race condition preventing the passive deity abilities is now pushed live.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinking... it has gone on for long time now...
  16. Tupperbeast Active Member

My point is that the number of errors simply needs to be reduced, after every patch that Daybreak makes, something doesn't work properly, that can't be normal.And I ask you to always stop saying everything nicely. The team has to accept factual criticism sometimes, that's part of life, or do you think your employer always talks things up when you make mistakes? ;)

And if everything was actually fixed as well as they say, why are some players still missing 50-60 fervor points?There must be reasons that are not correct and have neither been communicated or resolved.
    Dalphy Sweetleaf and MikeBob2023 like this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

Hello, can we now conclude from this that the merc buff exploit that has been used by some players is now fully fixed? Will there by any penalties levied out to repeat offenders?
  18. MikeBob2023 Active Member

/agree

They broke tradeskill writs right around the time that BoZ dropped, and it took several weeks before that was corrected. Then they broke the chat servers (for a week or longer). And after that, they broke zoning (for the better part of a day), which required unscheduled downtime to correct. Still more recently they broke Sinking Sands collection turn-ins (both Fabled and the regular zone collections), which took the better part of two weeks to fix.

Taken individually, these may not seem to be that big of a deal to some players, but cumulatively (especially for those with limited play time due to work and/or school) it's a trend that might well motivate people to go looking for some other game spend their money on.

It's a crying damned shame that every time criticism is expressed (on these boards in particular) about things getting broken or not working right, posts get deleted and/or apologists come crawling out of the woodwork to defend (by way of making excuses, mostly) the poor performance that results in the aforementioned brokeness.
  19. Tupperbeast Active Member

I'll put it this way, I wouldn't have a problem if DB shut down the servers for two or three days and fixed their errors, bugs, and exploits. But in the end it's always pure communication between devs and the community. Somehow, this no longer exists. We are in 2024 and people are no longer able to speak to each other properly or pass things on via updates. That's sad, and the fact is that this story is also about things that the players learned in the game, sometimes it's also about things that were paid for with real money, which then has a different number on paper.
    SolarFaire and MikeBob2023 like this.
  20. MikeBob2023 Active Member

You're absolutely spot on: consistently clear and detailed communication with the entire community is sorely lacking, and it shows. In the instances I noted above (three of the four of them being remedied on regular patch days), there was *no* formal statement (or notation in the patch notes) confirming the fixes afterward - only 'it's being looked into' or 'it'll be fixed in an upcoming patch,' beforehand.

On a couple of those occasions I read posts by community members who pointedly asked after the servers were back up, "Is it fixed yet?" because there wasn't anything in the patch notes indicating that the fixes had gone live, and I do recall replying to one of the most recent of them in the affirmative.

Sometimes I feel like we're being deliberately kept in the dark about matters that all 'paying customers' should be kept in the loop about, and sometimes I detect a condescending note in those answers/responses that are given (by employees, I mean). But mostly it appears to me that they'd rather keep quiet altogether (about quite a few things), and just let their veteran fanbois answer for them, with a litany of excuses and deflections that never seems to end.

The last time I harped on 'poor communication' on this forum I later found that same post (along with the entire thread it was originally posted to) spliced into two other threads about a related topic, so that it was effectively buried in a jumble of discussions. (Trying to read the resulting ['Frankenstein'] thread from first post to last was an exercise in confusion, which the cynic in me believes was the goal.)

Anyway, I've said it before and I'm saying it again here: 'The Powers That Be' are shooting themselves in the foot for allowing such dysfunctional and unprofessional nonsense to continue. If recent discussions I've had with other players are any indication, people are really getting fed up with it.
    Tupperbeast and SolarFaire like this.