Mercenaries

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-eidand, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Darthor Guest

Cisteros@Crushbone wrote:
    No, he did not say it would be appearance only gear, he said mercs would ONLY have appearance gear slots.
  2. ARCHIVED-Darthor Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Ok Gninja that is now making me nervous... So to clarify, are you're saying the primary diffrence between mercs and players will be AA placement? **this is the part where doom and gloom sets in if the answer is yes :( **
  3. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Lalen@Everfrost wrote:
    There is no "reason" mercs shouldn't be in the game, only opinions. The sooner you realise this, the sooner you can go to your happy place and make a lot fewer posts.
  4. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Lalen@Everfrost wrote:
    What's wrong with that? Of course I'm reading that statement to mean Mercs will not have any of their abilities boosted by AA the way a live player would. I'd say go and spend a few gold and erase all AA spent, then go out and play the game without respending them and see the difference in character power.
  5. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( This all sounds pretty good to me Gninja, I am looking forward to Mercs being added into the game.
    And Lalen, you need to remember, you are just one player. You are entitled to not be interested in mercs, but you have posted now like 50 times on the subject on various threads. Flooding the forums with just your opinion doesn't make it any more valid than it was from just one post. Mercs are on the way.
    I know many many players who are excited about the idea. Yes, some are not interested, and a small number have "woe is me, the sky is falling" viewpoints like you do. Well, the sky isn't falling and it won't, life will go on for those who do and those who do not use mercs.
    Personally, can't wait, sounds fun! ))
  6. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

If you box, you coudl have 2 Mercs! I'll still try to box and run dual mercs if I can afford it!

And Gninja... don't make Bard Mercs act TOO accurate... because then the Darn merc will NEVER give me Battlecry!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Lalen@Everfrost wrote:
    You put words in my mouth RIGHT there in red. I never said that.

Also, the instant you get a RANGER to help you, then you are no longer soloing, so the entire discussion is now null and void. You are so afraid of mercs I find it absolutely laughable.
  8. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( Lalen,
    Firstly, please do not lie. I made no "attack" on you. I merely pointed out that you are flooding the forums with your opinion.
    Secondly, the toilet-related comments are offensive and unnecessary. Please refer to the forum guidelines.
    Finally, there is no sense of entitlement being displayed here, except your own, the one that is leading you to believe that SOE must be compelled to do what YOU tell them, and that anyone else who disagrees with you is wrong. You are like a number of others on this forum, you cannot accept that people are entitled to their own opinions without feeling a need to make offensive remarks to them.
    Mercs are on the way, and you know it. Some players will like them, some won't, that is a given. It's pretty much a given on just about any change SOE ever make, frankly.
    But your flooding the forums on the subject isn't going to change anything. ))
  9. ARCHIVED-IceStormx Guest

Crabbok@Unrest_old wrote:
    Me first!
  10. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

The dirge once summoned will immediatly cast battle cry on themselves. J/K

Lalen@Everfrost wrote:
    No, that is on top of not being as good as a normal at the keyboard player.
  11. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

You should beable to use your alts as mercenerys after they get level 90. IMO.
  12. ARCHIVED-Darthor Guest

Gninja wrote:
    AWSOME Ok worry adverted only about the dirge thing (j/k) =P
  13. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    While that sounds awesome it is just not feasible at this time.
  14. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Gninja wrote:
    Yeah I've seen alot of people asking for this. It'd be great to have someday though... almost as cool as having nunchucks. Almost.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I will put it on the same list as nunchucks
  16. ARCHIVED-Darthor Guest

I can't believe this was asked at FF.
  17. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Gninja wrote:
    make this happen
  18. ARCHIVED-Darthor Guest

PVP wasn't quite covered I don't believe, will mercs be suspended during PVP?
  19. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

I really hope mercs don't work in PVP at all. Because if they do, as soon as we start to like them in PVE, we'll see nerfs coming to our mercs on a regular basis because of PVP crying.
  20. ARCHIVED-Darthor Guest

I've only ever dabbled in pvp here, in EQ1 it was quite awesome -- and I can see this being a problem in essnetially requiring every player on pvp servers to have mercs for sheer survival. There would be no choice in this at all. Buy a merc or die where you stand. Wee bit grim.