Matchmaker Testing on Beta tomorrow (Wed)!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, May 20, 2014.

1. Xray Active Member

The whole idea? Since when we tried to preserve the original idea since game launch? I wonder if harvesting bots ruined the whole idea of going out harvesting; if 1 click multiple crafting ruined the whole idea of crafting from components; if advanced solo instances ruined the whole idea of adventure solo; if outrageous deathsaves and instant rezzes ruined the whole idea of class specificity; if the implementation of beastlord and channeler class ruined the whole idea of symmetry of evil and good subclass; if allowing Qeynos side having evil subclasses and allowing FP side having good subclasses ruined the whole idea of dividing them in the first place...... We try to implement things to benefit players and make the gaming experience more enjoyable while not breaking the system. The idea of exiled is simply something not Qeynos nor Freeport (being expelled from Qeynos or Freeport), serving no one, obey no rules, being independent. Nothing has said a NPC is not allowed to deal with exiled characters. Why is this faction not allowed to have a shared bank? I am not trying to trade my stuff from FP or Q alts to Exiled faction, I just want to trade coins and heirloom items to my alts in the same faction.

And when is this update coming to live? I do think the red gem nerf might be a bit too much, if reducing toughness by 20% and crit mit by 10% ish, should at least give more HP than it is.
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

When people bring more healers then DPS to a fight... there's an issue. And that issue is I'm so bored with it, I hate it. Rip that toughness out or seriously look at limiting rezing and death saves in PvP.

Anyway.... As a DPS player, I'm ok being a glass cannon and obviously there's a happy medium.

oh, yes to shared exile banks please.
  3. Creasote Well-Known Member

I cannot agree more with this post. There were multiple reasons I stopped playing but the rezzing and deathsaves in pvp were at the top of the list which can be controlled by the mechanics of the game.

Got tired of being locked in to combat with multiple tanks and healers in one group. Groups were just stacking multiple Druids and spamming hots. There should be penalty for Druids in the same group as with chain healers and plate healers with wards and reactives.

SOE can't really control group dynamics but they can control mechanics.

I would welcome changes that reduce toughness after a death, limit rezzing and deathsaves and penalize druid hots.

Might have to tone down BLs and brigands a touch tho but do it reasonable way. Make savagery dispelable like wiz/lock increments are.
    Delethen likes this.
  4. Marschstiefel Active Member

Being independent you say ? Good,than be independent from the bank,and the whole system that the factions follow. Right ? Why should you get the privileges that faction gets when you decided to go against the Overlord or the Queen ? You are an exile,and you live in a cave,and technically you are out of civilization so what needs to be done now ? Learn to survive ! Learn to accept the fact you live in the wild ! You are shunned,dismissed,blackballed from anything faction wise. Learn to survive !! Make it fun ! It will build a stronger character in yourself,and your exile tribe ! Why should it be easy ? You are in the jungle ! So make it fun ! That's the idea of going exile ! You did say exile is about being independent right ? Does sharing the same privileges/luxuries as faction make you independent ? No ! Go against the grain !! Take advantage,and enjoy learning how to survive ! That is the beauty of going exile !! You are free from a system !!
  5. Exur Well-Known Member

Was that just seriously posted... lol

Yet there is a bank in this cave... a guild registrar, a mail box, are collection NPC, a broker NPC, a Vendor. You can even have a T4 Guild hall. Anyway, all 99% of anyone is asking for is the ability to give tokens earned to alts. You can take away everything else imho, just give me a shared bank. It's the ONLY reason I'm factioned and this 10 year old game gets instantly amazing if it's added.
    Vlahkmaak and Feldon like this.
  6. Caith Developer

Toughness and Lethality are already reduced after resurrecting or reviving for 10 seconds.

Druid regens do not stack, just like reactives and wards. A character can have a single group HoT and target HoT active at once, just like you can only have a single group reactive and target reactive, or group ward and target ward on you at a time.
  7. Creasote Well-Known Member

The 10 sec rez change was probably not enough. It's still healer whac a mole out there in WFs. Kill one healer, he pops back up, kill the other healer, he pops back up. I guess what I am saying is that there are enough temps in the game to keep that rez sickened healer up for those 10 secs.

What I have seen is that you can run two druids in the group and still be unkillable almost unless you are severely out numbered. You will almost never see two chain healers or two plate healers at the same time in a legitimate 6 man pvp group.

Maybe I am not understanding healer mechanics 100% or not communicating my point well. I understand each druid healer can only have one single target hot and one group hot at the same time but those two group hots running from the two different druids at the same time will heal your group members whereas group wards and reactives from two chain healers or two plate healers in the same group are not stackable. Therefore you are not penalized by running two druids.

Anyhow, I am all for an adjustment to endless fights, however we get there.
  8. Caith Developer

If two group HoT's, cast by two different casters, are both taking effect on a group at the same time then that is a bug independent of a pvp issue, and one I am unable to reproduce. Group HoT's are set up in the same was as a group ward, where only one can be in effect on the group at a time.
  9. Exur Well-Known Member

Anywho.... Share exile bank slot something that can be considered/added quick Caith? I'm sure.. well, I'm assuming/hoping it's been thoroughly discussed by development previously. But, can you humor us again and confirm if it's possible, happening or "never will happen and stop asking"?

Thanks
  10. Caith Developer

That is all handled in code, so I'm not sure how simple of a task it would be. The topic has come up in the past, and for various reasons rejected. I wouldn't say stop asking, because if it's something players want making yourselves heard is an important step, however it probably isn't likely in the near future.

It was asked and answered at SOE Live 2013.
  11. Trasor Active Member

How will the cannibalizer work now that gems are being removed? I know I asked about this before, but are there going to be any jewelry or weapon cannibalizers? It does take quite a bit of tokens to test things out! Thanks!
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

Fair enough... but 10 years after launch, do we really need "punishments" anywhere in this game. :confused:

And I don't think the majority of devs really understand what exile is and could be on Nagafen. It's an amazing position to be at on Nagafen and something no other game has or has ever had.... it's just missing this one little thing that prevents it from thriving.

I'm also serious about it being truly unique... you've stumbled into a faction based PvP server with the option of being neither, which introduces a FFA PvP style. Much like Taunts in PvP, EQ2 did something unique.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  13. Creasote Well-Known Member

I have not tested Beta but here are my points for adjustments based on the core of a 6 person group ( not 1 v 1 ) from Warfields and BGs:

• a reduction in toughness across the board is not necessary but acceptable if the below cannot be adjusted:

• resurrections and death saves in pvp need longer recast timers. In a standard one tank and two healer group that is good, these options while I like them in the game are available too often in pvp causing endless fights.

• the ten second death penalty is not long enough. There are too many temps in the game too keep the penalized up for ten secs. A good tank alone can keep the death penalized protected even without the support of healers.

• Druids are darn hard to kill. I don't play one so I can't recommend specifics but I have seen solo Druids heal a 6 man pvp group at length. With the support of anothe healerr, it's a marathon fight. I think a reduction in the death save and rezzes may remedy this but others may be able to recommend some specifics here.

• I didn't want to recommend any DPS reductions but Beastlords dps is way over the top. A reduction is a long time coming for BL's. Specifically Ralisks Perception hits too hard too often and throw a heal on top of that. If BL is running feral stance, Ralisks should be reduced at minimum. The feral primal dumps combined with Ralisks is too much. I recommend a reduction in Ralisks or some way to reduce BL savagery like wiz/lock increments can be reduced.

• I was going to say brigands need an adjustment but they are one of the few classes that can tear down Druids so leave them be.

• I say leave tanks be. There are so few good pvp tanks anyway.

• Dirges, add group taunt immunity to their recording/playing aa skill.