Matchmaker Testing on Beta tomorrow (Wed)!

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Caith, May 20, 2014.

1. Caith Developer

For those that missed the post in the News and Announcements, we will be having focused testing for the Battlegrounds Matchmaker on Beta tomorrow from 2PM – 5PM PDT.

Along with those Matchmaker fixes, the following adjustments have been made to itemization.
    • You will no longer need to add a gem to your PvP gear before upgrading it to the next tier.
    • Toughness has been reduced on one gemmed Dreadnaught armor, all other blue and green stats have increased to 3 gem potent quality.
    Players who participate will be eligible for some nifty rewards.

To copy your character to Beta, simply type /beta from the character you wish to have transferred over.
    Kurisutaru, Fleshdecay and Exur like this.
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

Nice! Looking forward to updating my sig.
  3. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Very promising changes, thank you. I just might have to skip leg day to make it home for beta testing haha. win/win?
  4. Xray Active Member

I made a copy and will go check it out shortly, hope it is a moderate change on the toughness because any big change tends to break stuff, and once something is broken, it usually take months to fixed.
  5. rataswashy Member

Players who participate will be eligible for some nifty rewards..... can you explain this further please in better detail?
  6. Exur Well-Known Member

Your Dreadnaught Gem'ed armor's toughness is 1/2. As in was 40% mit.. now it's 20%... Crunch lots of numbers tomorrow Caith. Did a few fights tonight and even logged back over to Live to compare.. it's a difference and people do die faster, which isn't always a bad thing.... but the DPS might need checking to not break a close to balanced combat. Might suggest 20% cap on Lethality, depending on what you see tomorrow.

And remember to not balance based on broken classes. You'll see what I'm talking about tomorrow... or not (hide'm)
    Kurisutaru likes this.
  7. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

Won't this really hurt the Fighters? Toughness gets nerfed but not lethality? Seems like the stand off damage dealers will be shooting fish in a barrel.

*sighs* There are no easy days for the PBI
  8. Tippysaurus Active Member

Please leave the stats alone. It is finally balancing out. If you make people even squishier people will leave again. DPS classes already hit undergeared people hard. The whole point of having a tiered gear grind it to try to get and be rewarded once you do get the best is it not? Concentrate on fixing the matchmaker and group queues and remove the white team as well as fixing the many issues that are posted about over and over in this section.
  9. Cuoco Member

I always look for excuses to skip leg day too....promising changes and hopefully this will help with stale 30min 6v6's. If it makes my SK softer so be it, I'll manage.
  10. Darnskippy Member

"Toughness has been reduced on one gemmed Dreadnaught armor, all other blue and green stats have increased to 3 gem potent quality."

I'm not sure about this but whatever... I'm on the verge of giving up on EQ2 anyway.
  11. Exur Well-Known Member

Rethinking this change.... Let's be honestly. If NOTHING is being done to address absurd rez'ing and death saves, then drop the survivability. So far the only people I hear complaining about this perma-run in stacked, unkillable groups.

Log on.. I wan to push in targets... dev targets.
  12. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

I have serious reservations about nerfing toughness. I never enter BGs in a group, always solo. I play a berserker, Sabarant. I am well geared have 8500 toughness, 8000 lethality.

A berserker is a damage taker, not a damage dealer. His AOEs and his taunts are to focus others on him, so he takes the hits.

In Gears he is down in the mosh pit trying to grab the relic. If you control the pad, you control the relic. If you control the relic, you win the match. The only way I can do that with *any* effectiveness is because of my hit points and toughness (*especially* if there is no healer.)

In Ganak I am a flag carrier. Again, to get into the opponents base, grab the flag, get out again, and make it across the field, requires hit points and toughness. Most of the time I don't make it,

Only in Smugglers do I have a little more latitude, but even then the towers are really nothing more than mini pads like Gears.

I really have nothing but taunts, hit points and armor to bring to the table. Sure I can put out *some* damage, but nothing like a DPS class.

Take away my toughness and I'm pretty much useless.

The damage dealers are really going to overwhelm the damage takers if this goes live (IMHO)
  13. Exur Well-Known Member

Wha.... latch onto a healer and you're fine. Like the trinity system is designed to be.

Anyway, get on beta and push numbers at the devs. The toughness needs to be fully reviewed before ever pushing this live.
  14. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It's much more productive to log into beta and help test and fix any issues instead of complaining about them here before you have done anything constructive.
  15. Kurisutaru Active Member

Well.. already copied my paladin. Have some errands to run in r/l.. but will definitely be there to do some testing.. just a wee bit later. See y'all there in a few.. :p
  16. kronich Member

Goo
    .. Maybe tanks start to taunt again and care about their healers and group instead run alone cuz can die anyway
  17. Mackwiz New Member

HAHAHA man I was halfway awake when i saw that then it clicked.
  18. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

I have taunts macroed into every single CA I have, thank you very much
  19. Exur Well-Known Member

:confused:
  20. Exur Well-Known Member

An on this day, not a single Beast Lord was found. Funny and smart at the same time.