Manaburn overnerfed, now worthless

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Khun, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Papablaze Member

"all the other t1 dps classes" so an assassin and maybe a ranger. You provide more utility than both with just ice lash alone. I don't think half the things you're saying are actually even valid. Cool dude your manaburn is nerfed, multiple other people in this thread saying wizards are still extremely viable fix your gear or fix your rotation its not the end of the world.
  2. Khun New Member

As I indicated in my first comment, I am aware wizards are still good DPS. That doesn't change the argument that I'm making that the ability should be fixed to be viable. I have the choice to sit by and do nothing, or to speak my mind and try to appeal to DBG sense of reason - which I'm doing.

If you're going to cite 'half the things I say' aren't valid, try actually citing some things. This forum thread has nothing to do with my personal DPS capabilities, gear, or rotation - it's about breaking a class-defining ability that was really fun to use. As the server progresses further, manaburn's almost 0 viability will continue to decrease, as it's the only non-scaling ability we have. The current state of the game has reached a point where potency is the major scaling factor of gear, nothing like the original run of EQ2 for this expansion.

I believe it's entirely reasonable to have DBG to look into this matter.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yes the ability was over-nerfed, it's still worth using on those quick burn 30 second fights, it was doing around 5-6k for me last night on average.
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

https://imgur.com/a/iQqww1w
    Manaburn on Byzola, with bolster.
    Did less than ice comet, has longer cast time, and drains my mana. Working as intended.

Assassin with every buff, Jcap, Roa, Thievesguild, ROA, CF, coe potency, dirge, warden,mystic, coercer, zerker setup beat me by 2k (i had two more deaths tho!) on the zonewide of SoH, I still beat him if you factor in ro's blade, ice lash.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Avatar update: was only a few thousand away from the top parse on mischief, on our first kill.

Pretty sure I can get above the assassin if we got an more optimal setup/more kill practice in.

Still beat him if you add in ice lash/ro's blade!
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

They rarely manage to adjust correctly the abilties, from OP to useles is annoying.
  7. Alway Active Member

You could try being a warlock.. and not have manaburn
  8. Alway Active Member

Also, I'm somewhat new to TLE, but I do know theres no crit bonus, so how does my absolution randomly hit for 200k plus some times... rarely. I'm under 150 pot, under 4k mod, but I have 100 crit.
  9. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Cuz EQ2 is super random and with all the buffs and temps flying around sometimes you get some nasty stuff happening.

Warlocks will surpass Wizards next week on most raid encounters so embrace that too.
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Warlocks are fine now, and their not really gonna surpass wizard's on much.

I did the math, it's gonna be super close. But wizard's still bring more dps with ice lash than curse, are still better cf/jcap targets, bolster targets, etc.

Plus, wizard's are the second best person in raid behind warlocks to put upbeat tempo on, a upbeat tempo warlock vs wizard in two seperate groups, the wizard will win.

And no, lifeburn doesn't go up with three tick UT and wizard dots are > necro ones.

I'd put UT on the fury before the necro at this point.