Mages upgrades feedbacks from the 25th.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by DENSER, Jan 29, 2022.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I want to create this topic to tell the pluses and minuses of this upgrade.
    Without pointing the finger at the devs.
    Simply to say your feelings about the upgrade, what you like, or not, what can be improved.
    Just a box of ideas.

I begin, as a necro i feel the difference, These ups on aa spells are not negligible and compared to other classes I feel privileged ( i think , due to some feedbacks i heard here and there)
    Regarding the pet, i don't think there was an upgrade on it.

Again Without showing too much animosity, how do you feel as a wiz, warlock, conj?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I can see that our necro got a solid boost. My warlock, not so much. I'm still waiting for that magical moment when I won't be completely useless for DPS. I could see some improvements in H1s this week, but not nearly on the scale that would make me even T2 DPS. It's depressing, and I'm working Real Hard on my baby ranger as a result.

I've scraped together all the potency I can manage (637K). I went through and started over on my AA, trying to find ways to pull more potency out of that. I use temp adorns for potency on every slot that I can. I run the best Powerlink I can manage.Is there some incredible boost at 650+K potency?

I have the good mount and merc fully leveled, and I've got my second VoV merc almost to 20 increasing the Battalion buff. About half my spells are at Master (the rest are Expert), and now that the GM recipes have been discovered, I'm working on getting them to GM and above.

All I can think is that I need serious advice from others on bettering my warlock. Here's her EQ2U link in case anyone is willing to take a look and offer feedback.

[IMG]
    Hellfiren likes this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Conjurer : Pets (eg Aery Hunter IX) are nerfed by 15%
    Necromacer: Boiled Blood seems a little bit incorrect
    Wizzard: Much too much potency

overall: please fix bugs with combat mitigation istead of making a usless spell 10x useless :)
    Hellfiren likes this.
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

Upsides Vampire bats is semi decent now as is Consuming Inferno II and Conj right side prestige AA got a significant boost also. Aery Hunter and Aqueus swarm seem to be doing less damage though. Over all it was a step in the correct direction. My main wish would be to have elemental blast have some relevance so we have Some Burst dps as Conjs are Basically a Dot class now
    . None of the Other spells listed in the Patch got significantly better. Blaze Supposabluy raised from 8 to 43 but is doing the same damage it also need it Proc limite removed like it had with the old Clas adorn. Pertify still meh as it arcane bewilderment and Unda. Energizing winds and Lingering flames from the left side prestige still do not to much damage over all sine they are only a 33 percent chance for 1 to proc If conjure Elemental procs Offensive onslaught only adds like 120 potency to the Pet. Over all my dps has gone up
    Beee likes this.
  5. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

With enough Pot and other common stats most Mages are back in duty , but thier are still some revamped issuses in mages like necro 50% of DPS out of one Spell // Bug on AA on Wizzy which gave Wizzy 20k pot for no reason , Warlocks Right Prestige AA isnt fixed yet even the issuse is known since end of BoL Expa.
    ( Decimation cant be instand casted if 180 Stacks in Diseased Mind )

Pets on Chanters not fixed yet , Warlocks Cataclysm still only 7,5 meters range instat of 10

And all over the CA // AOE Attack general nerve, nerved all classes based on CAs so no genious solution at all, like Bards and some Healers like Inqui and Mystic and espeicaly Channeler which uses CAs for DPS and Heal in one 90% of Channelers CAs are Heals too.
    ThePetulantOne and Beee like this.
  6. Williamd428 New Member

Can't comment on specifics as my class (Illusionist) was completely ignored.

However, somehow Illys and Coercers now seem to be doing even less damage than we were previously.

Zero viability in H2's if another power feed is available.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Anyone still nit-picking about group composition in H2 needs to take a good long look at themselves.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Most of what my warlock has been doing in H2s is power feed...
  9. Williamd428 New Member

Exactly. Why bring an enchanter and cripple the group when other classes can feed mana AND do meaningful damage?

I'm under no illusion (pun intended) that I should be topping the parse, but scraping the bottom is incredibly frustrating. This wasn't the case in earlier xpacs, and I haven't worked hard on this class to auto follow and mana tap.
    RubyHOF likes this.
  10. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I just topped our parse as a Wizard on a T3 mob. I'm fairly certain I could also do it on Warlock, with the same stats.

I think Mage balance outside of Illy still needing a boost is mostly fine.
    Necro could use an adjustment down on boil blood and compensate with buffs to other stuff, and conj needs a slight buff i think, but outside of that it's very close.
    Beee and Banana Tree like this.
  11. Banana Tree Member

Agreed. Conjurors still need some love, and all the mentions of Boil Blood doing half the necro parse, I didn't hear people saying necro total dps is out of balance. Just shows how little all the other other necro spells are doing and the whole idea of 'balance' is out of whack. Doesn't seem like enchanters got any love either.

Thrundaloo and Beee like this.
  12. Wannalearn1 Member

So as a brand new raid wizard, aka FOTM, you went into raid and topped parse? seems little coincidence that a wizard would top parse being so new after the mage buff.. even when we know wizards are bugged on stats atm too.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Fixing 25k extra potency of wizards and Boild Blodd of necos will show: EQ2 still needs a lot of balancing, but it gets better
  14. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I guess the Bugged Extra pot lifted you over the line you need to have to be resonable DPS, lets see how it works after patch.

For get a compareable overview it would be intresting what stats you have had in this fight
    Pot // CB // Fervor ETC
  15. Magdaddy Active Member

That WAS his raid main last expansion. It's not like he used a bauble on it and magically started going pew pew lol. Some unattuners and a couple days are about all it takes to get a toon raid ready when you've been farming H2s for a couple months and have a trove of gear laying around.
  16. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I was at equal stats as our beastlord, and i was within 0.5% of him on the parse. That says balanced to me.
  17. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Its been my main for 2 years, and i've played sorcerer for over 10 years, but sure i'm clearly brand new and have no clue what i'm doing.
  18. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Yea necros are in a fine spot dps wise (maybe even slightly too good, we will see), they just need a more even spread of their damage.
  19. Leetch Member

Conjuror consuming inferno needs to be boosted to boil blood level. It just can't compete otherwise.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

sorry please no: boiled blood is bugged and does up to 50% of the necro dps.. that's simply wrong.
    Consuming inferno does 20%.. that's enough for a single spell.
    Denebi likes this.