Mages upgrades feedbacks from the 25th.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by DENSER, Jan 29, 2022.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

I'm not going to complain as a necro, but for our conjuring friends, a little boost would be welcome.
    I don't think it's bug, but instead of boosting several spells, they put all in one spell :0
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

By the way, you re on the same server, so we might Tested our dps (even if I think I have less pot than you) and see what comes out of it.
    Without beating the dice, of course
  3. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

You need some drastic help on your AA tree. It is, by far, the worst aa tree for a warlock i have ever seen.
    Please just look up Pitta on Maj'Dul and copy my aa spec. Burn yours to the ground.
    edit - i'm a wizard at the moment, forgot about that. i'll send you my warlock spec if you send Pitta#4408 a message on discord.

Do not cast the following spells, ever.
    Dissolve
    Curse of Void
    Dark Nebula
    Shroud of Bertoxxulous
    Perdition
    Decimation
    Distortion
    Encase

Only cast the following spells to maintain void surge, and never for any other reason:
    Dark Infestation
    Netherlord
    Aura of Void

Cast these spells whenever they are up, in this order of priority
    Plaguebringer
    Apocalypse
    Dark Siphoning (do not recast until spell is done ticking)
    Netherealm
    Cataclysm
    Absolution
    Acid (do not recast until spell is done ticking)
    Gift of Bertoxxulous (do not recast until spell is done ticking)
    Rift
    Vacuum Field (do not recast until spell is done ticking)
    Dark Pyre

There are a lot more intricacies to the class than that, but in an effort to keep it simple for obvious reasons, stick to the above.
    Please immediately change your spec.
    Please.
    FuRiouSOne and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Interesting. I'd be glad to take a look at your AA build. What I cast and the order I cast it I've based on efficiency calculations.

Your "never cast" list is at the bottom of the efficiency rankings, so I agree with you there. I'll have to get in-game and look over your other casting recommendations.

I sent a request in Discord.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

That's the same problem why Daybreak can't balance EQ2: Calculating in spreadsheets is not the same as the real EQ2 behavior. A 15% pet nerf must not happen on rising damage dor mages except it's a planned swapping of output.
    Agarth likes this.
  6. ThePetulantOne New Member

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/863289198675 is my AA page. Ive noticed a huge jump in DPS since patch. Plaguebringer is actually useful now, i stay away from dumbfire pets and now ascensions are obsolete as far as damage goes, but i still use the buffs (thaum doublecast buff is a lifesaver getting to over 360 ADC)
  7. ThePetulantOne New Member

ive sent in feedback for the Decimation not insta casting at 180 toxic aura for at least a year, it worked fine in BoL, still does to this day, but Ros/VoV nope. and making cataclysm work at 10 meters would be huge. But have seen a big jump in DPS on my warlock since patch, so at least it moving in the right direction
  8. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I'll send it when im back at my computer.
    The difference in dps is probably just your spec and possibly spell tiers/ p2w buffs. Hard to tell.
    Its also worth noting that scouts perform better in heroics because of combat mit and short fight durations. Not an accurate judge of true dps.
  9. badname912 Active Member

I did some dummy tests recently and notice the changes/buffs to appoc somehow affect decimation because on the dummy decimation was topping my parse right alongside plaguebringer. I still wish they would fix the insta cast issues with it cause not fair that appoc gets all those boosts. But im 99% sure the buff helped decimation to make it worth while.
  10. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Decimation is worse than Apoc, it does not get the boosts.

Math:
    Apocalypse:
    758,957,325,779 - 1,089,139,243,019
    639,775,686,807 - 922,733,418,261
    7.28 ticks
    4,478,429,807,649 - 6,459,133,927,827
    total damage: 5,237,387,133,428 - 7,548,273,170,846
    avg per cast = 6,392,830,152,137

Decimation:
    2,017,885,227,873 - 2,294,023,972,085
    1,601,346,114,933 - 1,822,256,633,428
    6.375 ticks
    9,608,076,689,598 - 10,933,539,800,568
    total damage: 11,625,961,917,471 - 13,227,563,772,653
    avg per cast: 12,426,762,845,062
    account for reuse: 12,426,762,845,062 x 0.45 = 5,592,043,280,277
    Deci is 0.87 of Apoc

It got slightly closer with the buffs, but without instacast, and the fact that it has one less tick, its way not worth it.
    Hellfiren likes this.
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

Allright,

Another mages changes, seems better balance imo.
    Nerf of boil blood ( ye honestly it was too high,but was good hehe )
    Let's see how it ll go.
    His damage ll go now from 83 to 35 ( before 1st update it was 20, so still better )

For other mages, waiting your feedbacks.

Have a good day Dear colleagues
  12. Observing Active Member

Why would you ever cast boil blood over bloodcoil now?
  13. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

1 Necros op Spell nerfe ok so far.
    2 Adjustments on Conj and Coerc hopefully will run and increase thier DPS
    3 Warlock Adjustment good but the major point we are dsiopinted since BOL still not Fixed ( Decimation instand Cast not Back)
    4 Distance between some mage classes DPS in Heroic and Raid still to BIG in what we saw Heroics Wizzy and Lock or Necro doing good but in Raid Wizzy is still OP all other mages are far behind with or without the Wizzys Buggy 20k Pot + bug
    Beee likes this.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Cause on the paper boil blood is better than bloodcoil
    Beee likes this.
  15. Observing Active Member

Isn't the optimal rotation not Boil Blood - Boil Blood but Bloodcoil on each enemy then Boil Blood on one of the enemies?
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

I use only BB on names , trash ans else i use the faster one
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Using Pitta's AA, Apocolypse edges out Decimation, although Perdition II seems to be slightly better than Netherealm for me (that one is close). I'm also used to using Ethernere Chains to help deaggro, and I found myself having to go to Arcane Bewilderment a lot more last night (and at times not able to deaggro at all, which may force me to reinstall an adorn of Fading on my hands). But sure enough, my overall DPS was back in the range I think it should be, and that makes me very happy. Thank you very much for your help, Pitta.

Honestly, though, Daybreak should fix Decimation. It's supposed to replace Apocalypse, and it should have the same lowered casting time.
    Bhayar likes this.
  18. Twisty Well-Known Member

heh these conversations about how a specific mechanic should be and is supposed to be make me chuckle every time. noone, including caith, has a clear idea how these things should be, but for purposes of avoiding an existential crisis it's easier to just say that things were supposed to be all along how they turned out

how is this not abundantly clear from at least last 5 years of historical lack of manpower to make these decisions with thorough consideration
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

While I get what you're saying, one could also logically argue that if you don't know what you're doing and there's no 'manpower' to fix problems, then what does it say about a company that continues to eff it up "fixing" things, haha. And if you're going to attempt to fix it, use a scalpel, not the Executioner's two handed, double bladed axe. It doesn't have to be complicated. And I'd add, if you've got time to continually eff it up, then you've got time to stop 'fixing' and do it right. But that's just my thinking, haha.
  20. DENSER Well-Known Member

in my opinion those changes are based on player complaints. a guy pulls out a diagram pointing out such an anomaly, another do the same.
    More than 2, ok let.s change what players pointing without checking.
    Look at that new 8 feb update. Beastlord got a up, assa... Nop
    Necro got bb nerf ( ok was mayb too powerfull for a single spell ) but where re those damage lost on other spells ?
    no explanation yet why they go up this, down this, it's up to us to guess, it's up to us to do their job. no communication, except to mitigate the revolt when the players growl too much. lamentable