Low Healt / Potency - How to improve ?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Satara, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Satara Member

Hello. I'm a Warden and I came back 1 month ago after 2 years off.
    I've made PoP and CD timeline, I made PQ and 'Solo' istances daily, but I have issue to group for Heroic Istances.
    I have 1350 resolve but only 57M health and 57K potency.
    So, old story, few people in pick up want to group me because I have low stat, but I cannot have better gear without Heroic Istances.
    So, the question is. How can I improve my stat ?
    I tried with reforging or infusing, but after 4-5k plat and 1 hour reforging I upgraded from 56,8M to 56,9 M.
    I think I missing something...

What do you suggest me to do ?
    This is me:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301375903430

Thanks !
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

Hi Satara -- and welcome back to Norrath!

Check out this thread. It's quite long but it has a wealth of information that may help answer your question.

FWIW I'm in the same boat as you. Struggling to get my potency above 57k, though my health is now 83M, and therefore reluctant to put myself forward for groups.

Good hunting!
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

First, loot helmets from Tishan's Lock Box and strip the white POT adorns and use them in all the slots that will take them. Then continue boosting POT:
    • AA lines and Ascension Forms were changed with this xpac to replace Potency buffs with Fervor, so carefully reevaluate your AA.
    • Orange adorns that confer POT (see below).
    • Potency Infusers (you can use infusers from from Thalumbra forward, many can be crafted, and some from common raws such as fish, the others you get by using the Tradeskill Prestige ability to salvage trash loot for Salvaged Infuser Fragments, which are then crafted into good infusers) -- The link goes to a comprehensive article on equipment infusing that also lists all the currently known infusers.
    • Deity Infusing (aka plat infusing, covered in the infusing article linked above)
    • Infuse your weapons with Weapon Essences (+100 xp to weapon level) and/or Greater Weapon Essences (+1,000 xp to weapon level).... this raises both Resolve and POT.
    Aspect of Aniquilacion set
    Slots: Slots: All 7 armor slots, Primary, Secondary, Ranged, Waist, Cloak
    • Ascension of Destruction
    • Firmament of Fire
    • Foundation of Ruin
    (1) +26% POT (Celestial: +35% POT)
    (2) +100,000 All (Celestial: +180,000 All)
    (3) Adds fire damage to Tainted Mutation, Granite Protector, and Ethermancy

Aspect of Pingyuan Diqu set
    Slots: All 7 armor slots, Primary, Secondary, Ranged, Waist, Cloak
    • Ascension of Life
    • Firmament of Growth
    • Foundation of Earth
    (2) Gives a longer window for triggering an Ascension combo
    (3) +250,000 health, +25% Max Health (Celestial: +300,000 Health, +30% Max Health)

Aspect of Paixo set
    • Ascension of Love
    • Firmament of Passion
    • Foundation of Excitement
    (2) +28% MIT Increase (Celestial: +32% MIT Increase)
    (3) +4% Fervor (Celestial +4.5% Fervor)

Aspect of Zou Kunnen set
    • Ascension of Magic
    • Firmament of Power
    • Foundation of Thought
    (2) +25,000 Mana (Celestial: +50,000 Mana)
    (3) +4% damage to Frozen Heavens, Implosion, Terrestrial Coffin, or Virulent Outbreak

Celestial Rune of Expedience
    Slots: Primary, Secondary, Ranged
    • +400% POT
    • +50,000 ABMod
    • Expedient Strike proc
    Rune of Championship [VI]
    Slots: Primary, Secondary, Ranged, Waist, Cloak, Finger
    • +2.6% Ability Doublecast
    • +528% POT
    • +240% Max Health
    • +462,000 ABMod
    Celestial Rune of Championship [VII]
    Slots: Finger, Waist, Cloak, Primary, Secondary, Ranged
    • +2.8% Ability Doublecast
    • +631% POT
    • +260% Max Health
    • +492,000 ABMod
    Rune of Juxtaposition [VI]
    Slots: Ear, Waist, Cloak, Primary, Secondary, Ranged
    • +528% POT
    • +49 Overcap Fervor
    • +120 Overcap Weapon Damage
    Celestial Rune of Juxtaposition [VII]
    Slots: Ear, Waist, Cloak, Primary, Secondary, Ranged
    • +2.9% Ability Doublecast
    • +631% POT
    • +80% Weapon Damage
    Rune of Witness [VI]
    Slots: Wrist, Waist, Cloak, Primary, Secondary, Ranged
    • +562% POT
    • +13.2% Fervor
    Celestial Rune of Witness [VII]
    Slots: Wrist, Waist, Cloak, Primary, Secondary, Ranged
    • +2.9% Ability Doublecast
    • +674% POT
    • +19.2% Fervor
    Ultimately, Fervor is also going to help you, but get the Potency first. Fervor multiplies the total spell/CA values after all other formulas have been applied. The hard cap is 230. A number of adorns and a couple of bots of gear boost Fervor:
    • Blue
      • Celestial Rune of Greater Mysteries (+70 Fervor)
      • Celestial Rune of Mysteries (+55 Fervor)
      • Celestial Rune of Embers (+25 Fervor)
      • Celestial Rune: Warlord's Puissance (+25 Fervor plus assorted other effects)
      • Celestial Rune of Reactionary Strike (15% chance for +5.5 Fervor -- as well as other effects -- on hostile ability cast)
      • Foundation of Excitement (+4 Fervor, with 2 other runes from Aspect of Paixao, either white or orange. Reward from collection "Secrets of Guk")
    • Orange
      • Rune of the Enigma (+15 Fervor, other effects) -- Ethereal
      • Planar Mastery class orange runes (+5 Fervor, other effects) -- Ethereal
      • Celestial Rune: Symphony of the Void (+7 Fervor to profession spells, plus other effects)
      • Rune of the Celestial (+2% chance for +150 Fervor on hostile ability cast, plus other effects)
      • Aspect of Paixao set of three runes, either white or orange, Ascension of Love, Firmament of Passion, and Foundation of Excitement (+4 Fervor)
      • Rune of Witness [#] -- you can only have one Witness rune
        • Celestial Rune of Witness [VII] (+19.2 Fervor, plus other effects)
        • Rune of Witness [VI] (+13.2 Fervor, plus other effects)
        • Rune of Witness [V] (+11 Fervor)
        • Rune of Witness [IV] (+10 Fervor, Proving Grounds, plus other effects)
        • Rune of Witness [III] (+9 Fervor, Proving Grounds, plus other effects)
        • Rune of Witness [II] (+7 Fervor, Proving Grounds, plus other effects)
        • Rune of Witness (+4 Fervor, Proving Grounds, plus other effects)
    • Green Adorns
      • Amethyst of the All-Mother (+4 to +5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110, available from Merchants' Gallery in Myrist)
      • Eye of the Elder Orb (+4 to +5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110, lvl 110, available from Merchants' Gallery in Myrist)
      • Pearl of the Deep (+4 to +5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD raid drop)
      • Spiritstone of the Mud King (+3.5 to +4.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD raid drop)
      • Spiritstone of the Precipice (+3.5 to +4.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD raid drop)
      • Spiritstone of the Wilder (+2.5 to +3.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD heroic drop)
      • Spiritstone the Fiend (+2.5 to +3.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD heroic drop)
      • Molten Spiritstone (+1.5 to +2.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD solo drop)
      • Stormbringer's Spiritstone (+1.5 to +2.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 110 CD solo drop)
      • Insidious Spitestone (+1 to +1.3 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 100 reward from collection "Fragments of Hate")
      • Master Control Core (+0.5 to +0.6 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 100, crafted from Emergency Protocol Blueprints)
      • Plane Touched Spiritstone (+0.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 100)
      • Spirit Stone of Ghiosk (+0.4 to +0.5 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 100 crafted from KA raid drop, Clan Bloody Tooth Spirit Stones)
      • Spirit Stone of Et'Kalysh (+0.2 to +0.3 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 100 crafted from KA raid drop, Clan Bloody Tooth Spirit Stones)
      • Spirit Stone of Glox (+0.1 to +0.2 Fervor, plus other effects, lvl 100 crafted from KA raid drop, Clan Bloody Tooth Spirit Stones)
    • Cyan Adorns (These were probably old raid drops, they came in a crate so no certainty as to where they dropped)
      • One Handed Rune: Greater Undying Power (+0.5 Fervor and +50 POT, lvl 100)
      • One Handed Rune: Undying Power (+0.3 Fervor and +35 POT, lvl 100)
      • One Handed Rune: Lesser Undying Power (+0.2 Fervor and +25 POT, lvl 100)
      • Two Handed Rune: Greater Undying Power (+1 Fervor and +100 POT, lvl 100)
      • Two Handed Rune: Undying Power (+0.6 Fervor and +70 POT, lvl 100)
      • Two Handed Rune: Lesser Undying Power (+0.4 Fervor and +50 POT, lvl 100)
    • Temporary Adorns for Neck Slot (Used to be sold by Battlegrounds Merchants)
      • Discord's Puissance (+0.5 Fervor for 1 hr)
      • Extended Discord's Puissance (+0.5 Fervor for 4 hrs)
      • Maintained Discord's Puissance (+0.5 Fervor for 8 hrs)
    • Mount Gear
      • Elysian Saddle of Fervor (+1.3 Fervor)
      • Chronicler's Saddle of Fervor (+1 Fervor)
      • Academic's Saddle of Fervor (+0.8 Fervor)
      • Student's Saddle of Fervor (+0.6 Fervor)
    • Rewards from Return to Guk collection "Malevolor Trophies"
      • Staff of Plagues (+70 Fervor plus other effects, 110 2H staff)
      • The Dar's Embrace (+70 Fervor plus other effects, 110 2H staff)
      • Ykesha's Maw (+70 Fervor plus other effects, 110 2H sword)
      • Blade of Shadowed Strife (+35 Fervor plus other effects, 110 dagger)
      • Shield of the Ancient (+35 Fervor plus other effects, 110 tower shield)
      • The Tyrant's Dark Blade (+35 Fervor plus other effects, 110 dagger)
    • Other
      • Epic 2.0, Mythical (+35 Fervor plus other effects)
      • Epic 2.0, Fabled (+25 Fervor plus other effects)
      • Tome of the Ascended (+10 Fervor, charm)
    Blazen and Breanna like this.
  4. kojika New Member

you have to spent 8 points on Enhanced Vigor in Prestige AA to raise MHP.
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

This.. and check various other AA for health boosts. Armor-wise, I'd also suggest 3+ pieces of max health/mitigation gear
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. Mathafern Well-Known Member

It's a mistake to think you need heroics to advance at this point- they are handy, and get you 65 res gear (T1) and 70 res gear (T2) with slightly higher potency- but you still need to infuse infuse infuse. Not just plat infuse, crafted infusers made from salvage push you that much further and if you are struggling for groups every little bit matters.

Also, don't forget Panda quests- these will give you the 85% deity stat boosters you need (hidden stats from Deity tab, used to be hard to advance but now that I'm at 100% I get stacks and stacks of boosters). This will prop up your stamina (health), crit bonus (damage), and fervor (more damage).

Run the solos, break weapons to planar level your weapon/shield for higher res and stats, salvage other gear for infuser parts. Plus you can get the orange adorns you need for sets (ping D) for health and extra abi mod.

Get the adorns out of the gear in the chest next to the library entrance. Get more health adorns than you think you need from this gear, and keep a stack, use them instead of some of the other options if your health is low.

Read your AAs. Don't rely on EQ2U for this, they are out of date and the text descriptions are sometimes not correct- read your AAs in game, and make sure you understand what you have selected or passed on. Some AA options are easier than they used to be because the prerequisites are no longer needed- hence you can grab some options much cheaper making them more attractive.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Good advice... but the devs need to remember that we play this game for fun, not as a job. Where is the fun in all of that work? I guess many may find it fun, but I don't.
    Sheyn, Pixistik and Feldon like this.
  8. Dolgrin Active Member

EQ2 in current state feels more like assembly-line work than a game where you have fun.
    Sheyn, Pixistik, Feldon and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mrrshan Member

MMORPGs are always time sinks and this one is no different.

You will need to spend some time getting ready if you want to be taken in groups. The good news is that it's not really that difficult. All you need is MC stuff, infused and experimented, it will bump your potency to over 70 and your resolve will be high enough for T2 heroics.

At that point you can do groups and you can work on your achievements because you next issue will be your low fervor. So you'll need Heart Bound and you'll need to clear all heroic zones to get the 55 fervor rune. The MC gear you can later replace with T2 stuff which you will continue infusing. I recommend you do all the solo quests and you get your 2 handed myth weapon with 180 resolve. That's the one you can level to 10 planar. Get a wand with 70 resolve from Aerie and do the same. This gives you some nice goals to have in-game and will keep you interested for quite a while. Then you have the solo and heroic collections, then blue collections. Keep an eye no the achievements as many give very nice rewards and you can do them solo,

Get the free orange adorn from the Pom merchants in Colloseum, get the blue adorn for doing the Vanquishing the Chaos Descended achievement. Maybe join the PUG T1 raids as well for the weekly, work on getting the myth cape from the heroic weeklies. Do your daily TS quests as well, the TS line too.

You can get to over 1600 resolve and over 80k pot with just T2 heroic stuff and myth weapon.

If you have no goals and you don't want to do anything, why are you here then ? How can you have "fun" if you don't play the game?
  10. Lemon Wolf Member

Oh yes its different. EQ2 wasnt like that in the past.
    All the things you wrote here sound like a full time job to me than playing a game having some fun.
    In the past you didnt have to invest that much time and resources into the game just to be able to do heroic zones.
    Often it was enough to just to the solo quest timelines of the then current expansion and you were ready.
    Besides that people are really picky these days in choosing who to take with them in a heroic zone.
    Pixistik and Seefar like this.
  11. Mrrshan Member

all you have to do is go and craft yourself a full set of MC gear, fully infuse it, there, job done. how long does that take? I did that and was ready for instances on day one of expansion.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Not quite. Full set of visionary jewelry, armor & weapons infused to the max with a decent set of adorns makes you ready for overland & instanced solos. But you are barely borderline for T1 & above. OP is speaking about Heroic Groups.
    Seefar likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't need MC gear for overland and solo instances.
    MC visionary MC, reforged into potency (that last part is very important) + the upgraded secondary/2-hander (depending on class) WILL get you ready for t1 heroics.
  14. Neroflop Member

Absolutely not true. A full set of Visionary gear infused and properly reforged will have you are T1 Raid resolve (assuming u have your sig line weapon and a ranged leveled and a current xpac mount) and give you enough pot to register on the parse.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Resolve isn't the issue. Potency is.
  16. Neroflop Member

MC visionary infused and reforged into potency will get u more pot than t2 heroic gear. You even said it yourself.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Armor, yes. Jewelery, no.
  18. Neroflop Member

I think it was especially true for jewelry.

As a matter of fact, if u reforge AB mod into pot, i often ended up with more POT AND CB on the visionary gear than i did on T1 raid stuff.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Mmm.. might be. I've never reforged OUT of ab mod, since I never have as much of that as I want.
  20. Mrrshan Member

full MC set, fully infused and experimented on takes you to about 75k pot. you're ready for raids, not just heroic ...