looking for love on EQ2?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by PlayAtThePlate, Aug 10, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

lol. my cousin is three years younger than me and she was a great grandma at 37. so stuff happens and grandmas are not always old.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Didn't meet my hubbie in game but did make really good friends in game. One of my friends I talk to everyday for 8 years now I met in Guildwars. We played that, eq2, lotro, gw2, etc together and chat using chatting program du jour.

And 30 is not old. :)
  3. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Ok ok ok fine, I am not old, happy? :p
  4. getinfroggy New Member

This makes me miss all my old friends
  5. siirrus65 New Member

Hey... if your not guilded and on AB server.. look up the guild Villains by neccessity. There full of RL drama. They Voice and Cam and chase married spouses too. They don't care. You might be able to meet someone.
  6. Qixil Active Member

Interesting stuff. I was first introduced to EverQuest 1 by my ex (5 years together), who was introduced by his sister. He got me playing and we all grouped together. Eventually he got tired of it and said it was a "bad habit" playing online games. Surprisingly, after we broke it, I have kept on playing both EQ1 and now 2 since it was released. Several relationships after, I am still playing and the people I coerced into playing have all scattered.. Being single now, I've come to realize at least the games have stuck with me through thick and thin, even if my exes (all with wandering eyes) did not
    suka likes this.
  7. Elenna New Member

I also met my husband playing EQ2. I wasn't specifically looking for love but it just happened. He is from England and I'm from the US. It's much harder to visit when you live 4000 miles apart! But we made it work. He flew to the US a few times but I was only able to visit England once. And like Griffon Lady, we had to complete the paperwork and pay lots of fees in order for him to become a permanent resident here. We did it by the fiance visa process and had no problems. I was told that it would cause more problems if we married first so we did it the "legal" way.

We've been married for over 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter. Since being together, we've played several other games but we always come back to EQ2 to catch up our characters right before or after an expansion. So yes, it does make for a happier relationship when both partners have the same hobbies, like gaming. Of course we share other interests as well, like fitness, same taste in movies and music, ect. But I don't think a non-gamer would be happy or understand a gamer partner!
    Qixil, suka and Griffon Lady like this.
  8. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Aye. XD I forgot to include the part where all the people I knew kept telling me that a person is automatically a US citizen when they marry one. XD One of those things that taught me to look into things myself no matter what people I know and trust say. lol (but ya know, secretly so I don't hurt their feelings. >.>)
    suka likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

on butcherblock, you will find that rings within the circle will let you invite all of your friends and family from day 1 and are very inclusive to your family. we welcome and support families including children
  10. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I've dated someone from EQ2, and while it didn't last, it was still a good experience. I haven't had any other chances arise like that (no one has show interest, at least!) but I never rule out the possibility.
  11. gixxisgod Member

uh no love just playing a game..
  12. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Hey there, come here often? ;)

lol joking :p Just had to do it lol
  13. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Are you a protege of Solusek Ro? Because you're looking hot!
    (collective groan)
  14. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

haha I like that one :p I am like the god of worst pick up lines ever.

Also, there is a typo in your sig. Under your name. Should say Everfrost.

See what I mean? :D
  15. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I actually have been checking out other servers; I have a character on Everfrost I think? Antonia Bayle and Freeport are so nicely populated, though, and my guildees would be absolutely heartbroken if I left them. I think I'd be pretty bummed, too. It's a good group of people I play with on the regular.
  16. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

But now I am heartbroken :(

lol but seriously, I am the same way with leaving friends and guildies. Plus me + populated server = big no no. That's like the only reason I really quit WoW, got to be to much after the server "merges", small populated servers no longer exist. I like my small population :)
    Spindle likes this.
  17. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I'll keep an eye open on my Everfrost character, then. I'm super low level, and I'm abysmally slow at leveling up, but I tend to see a ton of content, so I guess it's a good balance?
  18. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

My pick up line worked? That's new :eek: hehe you don't gotta jump over though, but I do enjoy making new friends. :)
  19. Castegyre Well-Known Member

My wife and I met playing another MMO pre-EQ2. We had both previously been married and both previously tried to date people online and both previously swore that neither would ever happen again. We weren't desperate, we weren't looking to hook up, we became friends and things just sort of worked out where months later we were living together. A couple of years later we were married. We are, for the most part, extremely happy together. I think partly because we have stuff in common, but also because we know who we are and respect ourselves and each other a lot more than we would have when we were younger. Today we still games, but we don't always game together and we don't feel like we need to. It's nice to have the commonality, though. We've been together since early '04 and married since '06 and things are still great.
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  20. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

That is awesome, huge congrats on that! :)