looking for love on EQ2?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by PlayAtThePlate, Aug 10, 2014.

1. PlayAtThePlate New Member

ok, really off any game play topic. Is there a site where gamers can meet?

A friend of mine told me the other day that I should try and find a woman that likes to game. I thought it was worth looking into and did a search.

I don't know if I was missing a good site but, what I did find was pretty sketchy or wanted a sign up fee before I could investigate the site. So, this is just as good, or better, a place to find some answers.

- just another lonely guy

;)
  2. Cynara Well-Known Member

I don't know of any dating site for gamers but I do know of a site that has groups of like minded people in different areas. Maybe you can put in your zip code and check for one near you and through that meet someone. It's http://www.meetup.com/ and isn't one of those hookup sites. When I moved, I joined a group of newcomers to the area and there are all sorts of events planned and it's nice having people close by to explore the new city with. Might work!

Good luck in your search.
    Cyn
    aspekx likes this.
  3. aspekx Well-Known Member

another good site to just meet people in general in your area is meetup.com. you sign up and then begin listing your interests as well as your zipcode.

the site has a great reputation for providing services to local communities and special interest clubs.
  4. PlayAtThePlate New Member

thanks, ill check it out
  5. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I met my hubby (6th anniversary coming up on Halloween ^_^) on Crushbone server. I was just commenting on something in 1-9, he PMs me "Your Hair is Big and Shiny." and had me laughing, so we kept talking.. and talking.. annnnd talking, and wound up on skype till 4 am many times, and after a few months I flew out to meet him and his family (I still had a passport from my year as an exchange student) and he got his passport, and I met him at his family reunion, he ccame home with me to meet my family, we went back and forth for a couple months to visit his friends and family, and then the border decided he couldn't come back in to USA.
    Was a heck of a battle getting the USA to let him through the border. They said our relationship was too serious.. that was their only reason. o.0 So we got married and started working on the paperwork.... spent the first 1 year and 3 months or married life in different countries, took about $3000.00 and many many official copies of things, and a flight to Montreal from B.C Canada for a 5 minute interview since USA only had one person trained for that particular interview. o.0 (She was a very nice lady, but it seemed a bit odd that only one person was able to do it. o.0)
    Darn those dangerous Canadians, coming here for our free health care.. no wait.... hmmmm.. dangerous war hungry Canadians.. no wait.. hmmmm umm? Kinder eggs! That's gotta be it. ($2,500.00 fine if you are caught bringing those into the states, btw... per egg.... /sigh For those of you who don't know, they are chocolate eggs banned by the USA in the 40s due to a large capsule inside the chocolate shell with a toy or puzzle inside. Same thing as Choco Treasures, which ARE sold in the USA, but kinder eggs have waaaayyyy better chocolate, and waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better puzzles/toys.)

XD Don't let that scare ya away from in-game people though! It's so nice to finally have that one person I really click with, doesn't try to make me to change, accepts changes that happen, and all those odd little things that "normal" people give me weird looks over? he just smiles, laughs, gives me a smooch on the head or does something equally goofy. XD Best feeling in the world. ^_^
    Spindle, getinfroggy, Katz and 5 others like this.
  6. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I always enjoy reading how people meet over online gaming. Congrats on finding a great one Griffon Lady :) The border battles are never fun, I am glad you guys were able to get passed that though, sounds like you guys are very happy!

I am extremely shy... extremely. I have always wanted to meet someone in an MMO. I have played MMOs since '99. Never happened. I finally accepted its probably just not for me to meet someone online haha. I am ok with that now though :) Now I just play to have fun, and who knows, maybe the day will still come but I won't expect it to happen.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Nahhh. there is someone just for you out there somewhere, the timing just isn't right. Lets just say I was coming out of a very messy and wrong relationship a few months before I met my good guy. >.> It's worth the past and the time waiting though. ^_^
    Spindle and ShaggyBodom like this.
  8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I am just getting way to old to think otherwise at this point, but thanks :p Sorry to hear about the messy relationship :(
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Didn't meet my hubby through the game but did meet him online. He was a deployed soldier..we communicated for a year and met when he got home. We've married and gone through 3 more deployments since then,,,all but one were 12 months, the one was 15 months. We kept in touch through gaming when he could get an internet connections. We game together still. We've been married 8 years now.
    Spindle, Xillean, suka and 2 others like this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yup. ^_^ My hubby and I gamed together and talked on Skype while we were waiting for our paperwork to go through.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I met my best friend through EQ2. While we are not romantically involved, it's like he's my twin brother - we have the same sense of humour, same values, same warpedness, etc. We are simply the best of friends! Thankfully, I also get on well with his wife or things could have gotten a bit awkward....
    Katz, Avahlynn, Tariya and 4 others like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

too old? no such thing as too old and you are probably younger than me. i would settle for one friend near me who can relate to my interests, but after several failed marriages and relationships, i am simply past the stage where t want to work at something. either it happens naturally or not at all. my game and the people i meet here fills a lot of voids.
    Spindle, Qixil, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  13. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Well ok I ain't that old, lol, 30 to be exact. The people I meet online have filled lots of voids for me as well. I actually have never met anyone in EQ2 yet (that will change), but when I was very social on MMOs before my disability I met so many great friends and still talk to some of them today. I never want to replace them. I consider them greater friends that I have ever had over some RL friends I had.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

so see- i am 62 - old enough to be your grandma - so don't ever think you are too old
    Moonpanther and Avahlynn like this.
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

Grandma! A name I have been called for awhile. I was a grandmother at 35. Yes 35 :confused: It took about two years for it to really sink in. I found myself contemplating on how a grandma should be... should I change my clothes, should I stop wearing makeup, should I color my hair grey or gain some weight? I was lost for awhile. Everywhere I went everyone always thought Ondrea was my daughter. Once she started school all her classmates would tell her how cool her grandma was.

Grandmas should not be cool, grandmas should not game. chuckles

I was single for a long time by choice. After a lengthy failed marriage I decided I was done. Just when I settled in to my new life... in walks an old friend (never seen that coming). Soon to be married.

My soon to be does not game EQ2, he is suffering from burn out from EQ chuckles but we do have a gaming room that we game in together, so that's pretty cool. In a way I'm glad he does not game my game because he's so bossy :rolleyes:.

:)
    Tariya, suka, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  16. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I know its a bit different, but thats how I felt when I became a Great Uncle at 29 lol. I still hate my niece for that! Silly girl thinking she can have kids. Pssh.
    Feara likes this.
  17. Ratza Well-Known Member

I'm another one of those darn Canadians who married an American...yep...it was that free health care that lured me in....oh wait....wrong!!!....I have to pay through my teeth for it here in the US plus pay income and sales taxes too.....LOL.....actually my hubby thinks Canada is too freakin' cold for his likings.

Needless to say.....after lots of paperwork, fingerprints, medical exams, etc. my US residency was approved....when I was finally eligible for citizenship I became one so I now have dual citizenship.
    Tariya likes this.
  18. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I had gone through a rather unpleasant divorce, nothing like a man dumping his wife and three kids out to give ya some trust issues, amirite? I was done with relationships. No more for me, just me and my kids and that's plenty. I had nooo desire to be a Mrs. Anyone again.

Fast forward a few years and I met someone that somehow got me to remember the world is full of good people, and trust can be won. We were married with our nearest and dearest with us, and we threw a huge party at the reception, and had so much fun. We still have fun, he is a totally adventurous sort, and so life with him is a constant dip into the ocean of enjoyment.

A decade later he still calls me at least once or twice a day just because, and always addresses my as 'my bride' or 'my cutie' as soon as I answer the phone.

I met him online.

Met my BFF online too, though I know her in rt now. We even took a vacay to Europe together. Online things can lead to beautiful relationships. :)
    Cynara, Katz, Tariya and 3 others like this.
  19. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Yes the world is definitely full of good people! I haven't ever met anyone from online in RL before. I would love to though. I would probably huddle in the corner and suck my thumb instead of talking to them cause I am so shy, but at least I got to meet em!

Was actually talking to a friend online about going with me to SOE Live next year. I have always wanted to go to a game event but I can't because being around people is bad for me unless I am with someone I am comfortable with. So I might have a vacation set up next year :D She does not play any SOE game (kinda interested in H1Z1 though) so I am saving to buy her ticket for her and stuff. She is just going so I can go. I am so grateful for that.

Online people are just so great, they have helped me more than any RL counselor/doctor could.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

My BFF lives in Australia, I am in NZ. We chat on Skype whenever we can and have met when he was over here for his work (took the opportunity to have a look around the part of the country I live in while he was here). Had lots of fun, so much laughter and craziness.

After a failed marriage and relationships earlier in my life, I have serious trust issues and am so totally NOT interested in a relationship. I have other things that are more important to me and take priority in my life - I have neither time nor interest in hooking up with someone. They would only get in the way of what I want to do with my life.

Lol you're not old, Shaggy - I'm 48, old enough to be your mum!!
    suka and ShaggyBodom like this.