long boring crafting

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-wildberrymojito, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

I hate to tell you this, but, crafting in this game is very easy to level. It's faster than any game I have ever leveled crafting in. You can level to 92 in about 1 week if you really work it. 10 levels per night is not hard to reach even at higher levels. My biggest hold up was mats when I first started as I had to buy them.
    The crafting system is a little easy, but much better than games like WoW...Vanguard was the bomb for crafting and crafting rewards...I still hope this game takes a look at Vanguard's ideas on crafting and crafting equipment. Also, I loved the reward bag you receive with cool stuff in it...kind of adds fun to crafting too.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Hakdagutz@Butcherblock wrote:
    ^^ this exactly. You couldn't just use raw materials. If you needed to use wood you had to harvest the wood, then craft it into planks. If you needed pelts you had to harvest them, then craft it into leather. I think I still have some solvent on my alchemist from way back when buried in her bank somewhere. Believe me crafting is super easy nowadays.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Maroger wrote:
    Then I would make the suggestion that maybe crafting just isn't for you. Not everyone was made to be a crafter. Hell my own husband is trying to bribe me 500p to level up his provisioner because he hates crafting LOL. But it's no different grinding crafting exp and grinding AA, or grinding adventure exp, it's still a grind no matter what you're doing. So if it's not something that is appealing to you, don't do it /shrug.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

wildberrymojito wrote:
    Crafting used to be MUCH less boring, because the crafting tables could kill you.
    [IMG]
    In my case, the sewing station was the biggest source of death and misery, but I was killed by the forge a lot, too. It was the #2 cause of death in Norrath, right after opening treasured boxes without disarming them first.
    Crafting isn't for everybody. If it's not your cup of tea, commission other crafters to make stuff for you.
    If you do like crafting, you can make it be less tedious. I work on levelling my alcohol tolerance while I craft. I also queue up iTunes or Pandora. Some people craft somewhere where they can also watch a TV, since crafting now is not so dangerous and you can do it with half a brain.
  5. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Boring? A grind? Is it even necessary for crafters to grind recipes in order to level these days?
    I mean, we have the tradeskill tutorials, the New Halas TS quests, the Butcherblock TS quests, the hungry halfling, the Steamfont TS quests, the crafter leaper and glider mount quests, the Lavastorm TS quests, the Isle of Mara charm quests, the Shadow Odyssey quests, the missions you get on Mara, the sokokar TS quests, the tradeskill epic which awards the earring of the solstice, the harvesting quest that awards the cloak of the harvester, the Sentinel's Fate TS quests and daily supply tasks and flying mount quests, the prayer shawl TS heritage quest, working with apprentices, tasks connected to city festivals, writs to help level up your guild...
    YOU'RE BORED? Hmmm, yeah, maybe crafting is not for you. I don't find leveling a crafter to be the least bit boring these days. Galldora remembers learning her carpentry craft back in 2005, when she became traumatized by dreams of huge mobs of owlbears attacking her as she made her way through Nek forest -- and all because of the huge piles of bearskin rugs she had been pretty much forced to crank out in order to level up through one particular tier. Geez. she couldn't stand that rug for years afterwards. Crafters didn't have any of the fun quests and missions mentioned above, just writs and some tasks we could do for the tradeskill societies.
    In my book it really was a bit of a grind back then, but these days you can play a pure crafter and still travel far and wide and have LOTS of adventures! Or so it seems to me, anyway...
  6. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

yes I love the 'everyone got more recipes, life is not fair and balanced, bring back pristine xp first time combines. shall we comapare?
    as an armor I get exactly 4 armor sets of 7 items each a tier, and maybe 2 shields, a kite and a tower. then factor in mc gear, and I get a total, per 10 levels, of 60 items.
    now lets take a look at an alchemist, shall we? there's at least 3 kinds of poison. mana potions, 4 different resist potions, and every fighter spell. so 6 classes, and all thier spells per ten levels. I bet that along comes out to a lot more then 60 items.

I imagine your crafter probably is one of the 'spell' makers. the ones that used to level 100% faster, easily, then any other profession. of course you want that back. well you know what, you're not going to get it back. they leveled the playing field. and yes, there is a ton of quests/missions to do to level with.
    I remeber when everyone owed thier souls to alchies, I remember when the only option for leveling was first times and writs. you want to talk boring? try it. no xp potions, only your vitality, and making 1-2 items over and over and over again. THAT was tedious and boring.
    nowadays? TSing has never been so easy and had so many options on what to do to level.
  7. ARCHIVED-StrainAsylum Guest

LOL! It's MUCH faster now. If the counters weren't there, people could just macro stuff or use the 3rd party utilities would be use much more. This way, it's a semi-happy medium to make sure that someone REALLY wants to make the items. The market has been FUBARd so much, anyway, that having something made with one click would make it pointless to learn ANY TS.