Login servers are down

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mixxit, Jun 22, 2013.

1. suka Well-Known Member

weird. I didn't see this thread on the forums under new threads until this morning. I logged in and out repeatedly yesterday. even crashed a few times and logged back in. never had any problem getting in. really strange that so many others did and i didn't
  2. Shamus9 Active Member

First off, I love this game.

Using FB & Twitter instead of our forums to update news & issues is the only major downside for me so far. Rather than use either of those sites, I will just turn off my computer, go do something else, & try again later.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

they mentioned it on facebook see the feeds at the side of the forum
  4. knightritalin Active Member

5. Spock Active Member

the only person from soe that comments did it yesterday on facebook but it wasnt a csr so im supposing its a techie. i just login 2 times today and didnt got any issues whatsoever so maybe its some server issues but not all of them im on antonia bayle here.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. knightritalin Active Member

Yeah, I logged in too and all I had to do was enter my password and all worked fine.
    Game is running fine guys!
  7. Guiscard Active Member

I don't use either twitter or facebook and refuse to have an account on either - I would like to have some private instead of having these companies spead all fhe data they have all over the net -- did you notice the release of user info?? Good reason to give these two leak-artists a pass.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, suka and Shamus9 like this.
  8. knightritalin Active Member

m8, I am exactly like you. I hate Twitter,Facebook and all the rest.

What I have done is just make an account with a random email,a random name and no picture of myself.
    I also only use Twitter and Facebook to follow Everquest 2 and the dev's.
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Shamus9 likes this.
  10. Guiscard Active Member

Shamus9 likes this.
  11. Sambril Well-Known Member

Using alternate channels like Facebook and/or Twitter makes sense when the forums themselves are down, otherwise the info should be here (and post a link to it on those channels if needed). Personally I block them - less screen clutter when browsing the forums and other sites. :)
    Shamus9 likes this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

i had to reinstall my computer recently and now facebook claims i am on an unknown browser and they refuse to allow me to access my account without jumping through all kinds of security hoops. they want me to fax them documents to prove who i am - and i have neither a fax machine nor a scanner nor a printer. i just have my computer. they wanted to send me a message to my cell phone- but i don't own a cell phone. i refuse to go out and buy this equipment just to access their site. and i also think it is a ploy to try to get private information on people. so i can't check the twitter and facebook sites. i can only check the forum so if they continue to ignore the forums for information, then i guess i have to stay uninformed.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Shamus9 Active Member

suka likes this.
  14. Avirodar Well-Known Member

That's great (for you). If you want to follow Social Media, go right ahead. Does not change the fact that the official EverQuest2 forums, owned and operated by Sony, are being neglected on certain points.

Twitter and Facebook are not SOE websites. Twitter and Facebook are only in it for their own traffic, their own gain, and would not even flinch if SOE went bankrupt and closed down. In addition, some people refuse to use Facebook due to on-going and utterly disgraceful privacy policies.

Some people actually have Twitter and Facebook blocked, due to their personal stance regarding these non-SOE websites. They should never miss out on official EQ2 information, because the staff at SOE choose to post on non-SOE websites. It is my belief that the official boards should always come first, and if they want to regurgitate the information all over social media after the fact, good on em.
  15. knightritalin Active Member

Yeah I know that, I was giving the links because it may be helpful for people who Play Everquest 2.
    You also don't need an account.

So if the forums/website went offline, the games goes offline or a new anncotmment of new features coming up, or a new game such as EQ Next you will can know about it.
  16. Colibri Member

.....how dare they, not making every tiny bit of information about themselves availabe to you!?

I managed to type that with a straight face...awesome huh?
  17. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I imagine if there is issues with logging in, esp. that affects the forums...I couldn't get logged in..then they can't either. To me, it's going the extra mile to have them travel to a non eq2 site to make sure the info needed gets posted so people can find it.
  18. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Did you bother reading the first page of this thread? It seems not.

Here are some very useful quotes...

I can easily get more (because there is), but the point is made...
    Many people had no issue posting about the problem.
    But SOE was unable to post in response? How curious...
    suka likes this.
  19. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Did you read my post? Where it says I couldn't get logged in? It seems not. To borrow from your post, here are some very useful quotes, or quote anyway"...I couldn't get logged in"

Now, I was rather poor in my wording in following that by saying that they can't log in and perhaps should have said "perhaps" they couldn't log in.
  20. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

There had been two separate instances of when the login servers were having issues. One around 10 am and the other around 2 pm (pacific time). Everything should be much better but if you guys have any more issues, I suggest submitting in a support ticket.
    suka likes this.