List of 30 Principles EverQuest Next Should Abide by - Final Edition - LOTPENSAB

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Seliri, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Seliri Well-Known Member

updated...:

4.) Hyper-interactive environments
    V. Constructible, world-embedded, contested houses/homes/guild halls (accessed by overland portals/spells/scrolls for convenience)
    a. Instanced versions would exist, as well
    b. Territory claim system -- quests, tools, & quest equipment for terrain testing/excavation/reinforcement

9.) Overland PvP - Specific rulesets needed
    XIII. Region/zone/class/CITY specific PvP quests, or portions of quests, for PvP gear
    a. Small or NO requirement for low tiers -- large req. or ONLY required for HIGH tiers -- allows for casual tiers with less of an entry barrier to competency adoption.
    a1. Burgle
    b. Rob
    c. Kidnap
    d. Assassinate
    e. Infiltrate/Intelligence
    g. Bribe
    h. Smuggle/Traffick
    i. Disinform
    f. Sabotage
    j. Falsify (results/testimony)
    k. Counterfeit (product/components)
    l. Entrap
    m. Seduce
  2. Seliri Well-Known Member

added...

#27 Quests
    XII. Consider: NO readable dialogues & VOICE-OVERS for EVERY QUEST
    a. Note-taking encouraged.
    b. More immersive & realistic
  3. Seliri Well-Known Member

updated...:

4.) Hyper-interactive environments
    V. Constructible, world-embedded, contested houses/homes/guild halls (accessed by overland portals/spells/scrolls for convenience)
    a. Instanced versions would exist, as well
    b. Territory claim system -- quests, tools, & quest equipment for terrain testing/excavation/reinforcement

b1. Town, guild, & city claim tiers offer different caliber utilities.
    b2. Different rare raws/recipes/general loot from raiding each various housing/settlement units.

c. Different tiers & types of defense implements for walls, NPC guards, & magical or tinkered siege defense tools.
    c1. Some require rare materials/recipes.
    d. Stealing/breaking/murdering on a foe's territory requires "Thievery" skill?
    d1. Using "Thievery" could tag the perpetrator with a scent trail for a short period of time IF such a defensive implement/sensor is in use on the property.

would flesh out some zany/unique specifics on the 13 postulated quest types for #9 Overland PvP Section XIII "Region/zone/class/CITY specific PvP quests, or portions of quests, for PvP gear", but don't have the time/will ATM... o_O''...
  4. Seliri Well-Known Member

added...:

21.) User Interface
    XIII. No macros beyond 3-5 DIFFERENT, stringed combat arts/spells (maybe even a cap of 2 different spells/combat arts per macro, maximum?)

^-- (no limit for repeats of those same 2 or 3 spells/combat arts within that macro?) O_O

credit to Xawni of Qeynos, Nagafen, Spawnie in the PvP section, & Bjelar of MMORPG.com for inspiring the latest 3 section edits on #4, #9, & #21 >|

usually a brainstorm inclusion is often spawned by a memory resonating with some random bit of hypothetical perfection... o_O''...
  5. Seliri Well-Known Member

updated...:

1.) DO NOT reduce classes
    II. NO changing base classes without resetting to LVL 1 (good/evil betrayal changes sub-class otherwise)
    a. -OR- LVL reduced by half, 10 min cast, 28 day reuse
    a1. REPUTATION BUILDING/identity must be preserved -- vital for PvP & community.
    a2. Avoid flavor of the month (FOTM) hop-scotch whack-a-mole.
  6. Seliri Well-Known Member

something to mention would also be...

...quest lines nostalgic/reminiscent of corpse runs & the underworld/purgatory/sheol...

...a thousand, thousand ideas one could brainstorm quests on, regarding such a vast genre... O_O
  7. Fictional Reality Active Member

Anything that can be destroyed, you can bet your butt I will be spending majority of my time destroying it. I will turn Norrath into a barren wasteland like in the Fallout series.
    Veralagus, Bosconi, Xietsu and 4 others like this.
  8. Seliri Well-Known Member

it'll take a guild of mischievous Gnomes such as ourselves to darken all the globe with gloom & malevolent oppression

i once recruited 55 separate Gnomes for a Gnome-only guild, but they all lost staying power & i never had more than 7 at a time

fickle whelps could only handle so much iron fist ;|
  9. Fictional Reality Active Member

In EQ Next let's plan on making a Gnome Only guild and wreak havoc across the lands with our tinkered tools of destruction.
    Veralagus, Bosconi, Xietsu and 4 others like this.
  10. Seliri Well-Known Member

Ahh, how lamentable it was, to have discovered that the Akanonian denizens of Nagafen knew not want for an army of darkness...

...for I dictated a great edict, that they adorn themselves in uniform of the Freeport Militia, a metal forged of shadows, crested with the red emblem of Freeport...

...and the wee, frail brother Gnomes could not subsist upon the labor of the writs, that they might menace the realm as one murky swarm of the depths, swirled red with blood.

And lo, they did fall from the cause, and my aim then did fade to another day's pause...
  11. Seliri Well-Known Member

hmm...just randomly ruminating about multiple racial cities (19-38) & starter newbie zones & i think that...

...cities would serve more as a quest/faction/various, unique siege-housing-guild hall implement hub for ALL tiers

...& newbie zones near each city could instantly port other lowbies from other starter cities, but only into that zone, & only below LVL 10...

this could help manage starter zone population issues if there were indeed many cities dividing good/evil/exiled or civilized/primitive/exiled factions too sparsely...i mean...obviously assuming thered be such core factions... ;|
    Bosconi and Veralagus like this.
  12. Seliri Well-Known Member

Think I'm gonna start specific, zany, unique concept renditions for these 13 quest types...though I suggest they be PvP-specific, they wouldnt need to be.

I swore I had a bit on including more action adventure type of quests, but I guess I didn't...

...or maybe I did if you count #27 Quests Section VII Mythicals c2 "
    Array of augmentation modifications: inject, affix, swivel, connect, swap, bind, incant, weld, hammer, anneal, quench, bake, sear, dust, soak, ferment, mold"...but I don't count that because it's in its own subsection!. =[

So, I added a random brainstorm list of functions to perform dynamically for quests (some were in #14 Terrain Sections V-XVIII).

...updated...

27.) Quests
    I. Dynamic, varied, multi-faceted, original w/ little to no mundane tasks
    b. More action/adventure types: moving/orienting blocks/boulders/pots/vines/branches/anything, weight-loading, replica replacing, walk/climb/press/emote/typing/EQUIPPING/kill/injure/smother/crouch/crawl/douse/submerge/heat/cure (rooms or compartments w/ different humidity or heat)/salve/break/bind/cut/mold/mix/shake/drip/squeeze/fill/wrap patterns/order of operations, etc.
  13. Seliri Well-Known Member

from a thread on mounts in Elder Scrolls, but in the EQN section...:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/389757/Mounts.html

Not sure if I'd support gradients of mount runspeed or player-bred mounts...

...could make mounts less intuitive for your common commoner...

...could make mounts too common & less exclusive as opposed to keeping them quest/environment found/tamed.

Though, there could obviously be an exhaustive, rigorous course of feeding/treatment (kind/mean, kill*/eat*/gnaw*/dig/swim/fly at specific intervals or periods)/training (taxi certain faction NPCs, bait certain faction NPCs to play with it, to then kill/eat/gnaw/drown/burn/bury/freeze/disease/curse, play with other mounts of different or similar species, sled pull different weights of logs/stones/carriages/normal sleds).

Breeding could be a powerful economic aspect if enough ridiculous entry barriers are made for producing the finest quality mount, indeed...

...I think, in retrospect, both mount runspeed gradients & player-bred mounts would be a strong plus to an MMO asset list, & I will add these points to the LOTPENSAB.

*specific enemy NPC types, or crafted food types
  14. Seliri Well-Known Member

A bit ashamed to not have called upon something I knew from FFVII even 3 years ago! ... O_O''...

And, I do know there are some who are against needless mount complication.

Theoretically, balancing advantages/disadvantages to deities, obstructor/destructor tinkering professions, & mounts could be rigorous, but doable, indeed!... >_<
  15. Seliri Well-Known Member

Just finished my 1st concept of one of thirteen PvP writs, I really like it... ;P

$*%@...this section will defile document size like #14 Terrain... x_o''...

9.) Overland PvP - Specific rulesets needed
    XIII. Region/zone/class/CITY specific PvP quests, or portions of quests, for PvP gear
    a. Small or NO requirement for low tiers -- large req. or ONLY required for HIGH tiers -- allows for casual tiers with less of an entry barrier to competency adoption.
    m. Seduce
    m1. NPC AI wives/husbands required for particular access to enemy faction uniform/voice modulator/neural language region patch/gear treatment in a faction-locked region, -OR- player-constructed homes/guild halls/towns/cities
    m2. NPC AI wives/husbands sent on actual contested routes to farm/mine/harvest rare raws & study rare glyphs or chants for the player glyphbook or chantbook.
    m3. Seducing enemy wives/husbands would require racial illusion, racial lore knowledge, proper indicators of particular preferences (perfume, reading, running, specific racial sports/fitness, particular artisan professions, certain mount usage, swimming, flying, tinkering, clothing styles, hair/facial hair types).
    m4. Enemy NPC AI wife/husband eventually starts teaching exclusive glyph/chant types ONLY learned from this quest type -- takes six occasions (24 hr cooldown per occasion) of 5 minute NPC AI/player repetition -- different typed phrases or strokes in sand/mud/paint
    m5. Higher echelon seduction writs could require more time-intensive glyph/chant learning, progressive >INCREASE< in requirement of regions unlocked from the various learned glyphs/chants
    m6. More unlocked regions offer orderly, consecutive access to enemy faction uniform/voice modulator/neural language region patch/gear treatment in a faction-locked region
    m7. Defending your NPC AI wife/husband increases their loyalty -- 100 successful defenses means eternal loyalty
    m8. Failing to defend your NPC AI wife/husband decreases their loyalty -- 50 failed defenses means they leave you.

also finalized edits to earlier mount breeding & runspeed gradients, #3 Mounts Section VII-VIII
  16. Seliri Well-Known Member

minor edits on #9 Overland PvP Section XIII m4 "(maybe 1-2 min?)" & #3 Mounts Section XVII b
  17. Seliri Well-Known Member

will add this to the main list in a bit... ~_o''...

oop, accidentally forgot some wall/tunnel obstacle concepts, brb brainstorming...

#9 Overland PvP Section XIII
    a1. Burgle
    a2. Night espionage, suit w/ 30-60 sec active time (30-60 sec cooldown) makes user >UTTERLY< invisible if not spotted by torch beams, torch-roaming guards, or infrared tinkered security
    a3. Roof/tunnel (digger mounts)/window insertion into NPC -OR- player run banks/shops for ALL artisan professions (siege implement, mount breeder, tailor, armorer, weaponsmith, alchemist, sage, jeweler, provisioner,carpenter, woodworker, etc.)
    a4. Bypassing certain obstacles sometimes requires UTILITY items/equipment (utility slots) to either simply REACH or OVERCOME hurdles on properties accessed via: a roof window/digging tunnels past certain sediment or rock/climbing haphazard walling -- tools obtained from other quests (orchestrated via glyphs/chants or #27 Quests Section IIb, etc.)
    a5. Roof obstacles: ladder missing 3 rungs (find, place, & secure them with adhesives or cold welding) & a side -OR- a bearing-tracked ladder jammed (oil spray, hammer track with a pole, pick, or padded auto-jack) <|1|> AC (air conditioning) unit >WILDLY< dumping/polluting noxious fumes & gas (spray w/ >PROPERLY DYED< fungus, algae, growing foam -OR- place sponge-loaded compressor vacuums) <|2|> aerial NPC watchers doing fly-overs (tranquilize & sedate for study, or kill to harvest raws from) <|3|> mammal or insect roof-dwellers (sand/gravel environment) detecting movement via whiskers & other tactile neural sensors to trigger alarms (solved via locally placed: bird chirp or other relevant natural area noise & acoustic wave cancellation megaphones) <|4|> roof plates that crack or fall into the building unless sticky boots used (remove from feet & place evenly over other roofing tiles)
    a6. Wall obstacles:
    a7. Tunnel obstacles: tough granite/limestone/diamond requires high LVL, augmented, or temporary boosted digging mounts (local NPC killing, caught insects/birds, swimming for a period of time in a certain area, being dunked in a certain arcane/noxious/elemental pool, explosive eggs intentionally poorly incubated after having animal seckz) <|1|>disturbed worms or moles you see the bottom of you have to extract soon enough or they dig to the surface & alert observing guards who set off alarms <|2|>
    a8. Simultaneous operations require 2-4 synchronized actions -- object of interest behind defense implements using press or trace patterns, weight loading, biometrics (NPC eye/hand), or replica replacement.
    a9. Reward could be particular component to enemy faction uniform/voice modulator/neural language region patch/gear treatment -OR- repeatable text entry or trace patterns for chant/glyph progress.
  18. Fictional Reality Active Member

#1 - The ability to train mobs on people/groups should make a return from EQ1.
  19. Seliri Well-Known Member

I think AI should be smarter than that...

If they see people waiting in the distance, they stop, call for reinforcements, & go hide, to ambush or toss boulders or slime bombs or shoot arrows! :p

#40 Detrimental resists -- return divided Magic/Mental/Divine Arcane, Disease/Poison Noxious, & Cold/Heat/Earth Elemental resists.

But, I wont add it, because then my acronym will die (it'd actually have been #38 under "We SHOULD See", & the current #38 & #39 would bump up). =[
  20. Fictional Reality Active Member

No over-exaggerated armor like you may find in games such as World of Warcraft. Keep it realistic.
    Bosconi, Veralagus and Seliri like this.