List of 30 Principles EverQuest Next Should Abide by - Final Edition - LOTPENSAB

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Seliri, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Seliri Well-Known Member

2. Seliri Well-Known Member

Tweet support!

@j_smedley @DaveGeorgeson @taliskerdev @terrymichaels http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB Seliri's Principles are what EQ3 >>NEEDS<<, END OF STORY.
  3. Gnaff Active Member

Here is my thoughts on afew of these .

1.) Hopefully instead of reduce classes they do away with classes all together. and make it completely open ended, letting people have open choice of all skills in the game to develop their own chars by.

2) YES! More races are a must. I myself i would most def have a Gnoll or two. ( Even better if they all have their own starting area)

3) Mounts should in my mindset be able to be dismounted and still follow the player around, like a mountable pet. (Like in SWG before they made mounts vanish when you dismounted them). All for optional racial mounts, not to sure on the class mounts.

4) Hyper-interactive environments would be amazing. but ... highly unlikely to happen .

6) Contested dungeons i am all for dungeons. but I am against the mindset there should be more contested dungeons then instances. Instances are a vital part of solo/small group gameplay and should not be tuned down. if anything it should be increased.

7) Deities Yes and yes ! (Still waiting for E-Marr to become a followable diety in EQ2.)

8) Public Quests Yes ! although i am a soloer i loved the Public Quests. I was in no way forced to group to do them, and the rewards for doing them was rather nice.

9) aslong as there is non-pvp servers i really dont care.

10) see 9)

11) I prefer realistic options over oversized WoW armor anyday. It may look bland but Shoulder pads bigger then your characters head should never happen.

12) Yes. More options is always good

13) Kind of connects with my thoughts on player races. Every race should have atleast one city.

14) Options are always good. why not be able to take the high road instead of the low one? :)

15) Would love to see random political actions taking place. Random raids by another group. Rewarding city defenders with status or the like.

16) Not a PVPer so Battlegrounds are not really my thing. Now if there was a PVE version . yes.

17) Not a PVPer so again Ladder system just doesn't interest me.

18) Instead of a 3rd faction . I think there should be hundreds . if not thousands. More like in EQ1 where Every group had its own faction and your actions would effect each group differantly.

19) No... just no. and HECK NO. Focus should be kept on ALL play styles. not just Raiders . The false idea that Raiding should be what a MMO is all about is what is limiting the progress of MMO's in general.

20) Communication is important.

21) Yes to all.

22) Aslong as there is non-pvp servers go for it.

23) I myself believe A character should not be connected to a server in itself. I feel Once a character logs in you should be given a list of servers that you want to play on with the freedom to log out of that server and pick another server to play that exact same char on.

24) Yes.

25) Yes.

26) Yes. Although with inter-class dependency should remove ANY need what so ever for ANY requirement for resources that requires a raid/group to get . And with Inter-class dependency crafted Gear should be inline with Best possible gear ingame making Crafters a more important part in the game.

27) Options options options. Instead of Class (group/raid) /racial (solo/group) How about Class (solo/group/raid) and Racial (solo/group/raid) and not force people to do what they do not want to ? It is a game after all. All content should be able to be enjoyed by everyone solo and clear up to raid if so desired.

28) Difficulty should be a open book. Have instances of everything ranging from solo/duo/small group/group/raid. Options are key .

29) Factions should be based on players actions. Factions should be a deep subject too. Everything from Favor to a specific ingame family, to Faction with a trade society, to favor with the ruling body. everything should have its own faction. And although one may help the other it should not be the exact same.

30)YES ! But! Ensure the story line is open to ALL FORMS of play style. do not require Raiding or grouping to see the storyline.
    Aelfan, suka and Seliri like this.
  4. Seliri Well-Known Member

#16 Battlegrounds <- would be PvE server only

would mention Re: #17 Ladder System, it'd be for best performance in >>ALL<< content types, including PvE =X

regarding #27 Quests, Section VI Class/racial mounts, the reason for no raid content for racial mounts, would be 60 races, as opposed to 24 or 25 classes... O_O''...
  5. Gnaff Active Member

Well then i really don't see a problem with em hehe. Although in general i am not really a fan of Ladder systems. But for me i am not really a person who feels the need to compete with others. So.. probably not the best person to listen to on those sorta things hehe
  6. Seliri Well-Known Member

moved #22 Immunity to #9 Overland PvP Section IIIa-d

made #22 Vanity, lore/fantasy immersion
  7. suka Well-Known Member

I also read the "should not see" part. and no i don't like it. I love housing and tradeskills and hope they are better in eqnext. i would like to see eq1's free placement implemented in housing and i would like weapons, armor, shields and other things to be placeable. I would like to go out in the wild and pick plants for my yard and bouquets of flowers for my house with pretty vases to put them in. I want more, not less freedom when it comes to special stuff like houses and tradeskills. I would like to be able to do all of the tradeskills, not be limited to one. and i would like to be able to get so immersed in the game i wouldn't have time to develop a second toon, I love all types of quests- especially the ones that teach you the lore and give you something special you won't outgrow for the effort- like maybe a special piece of equipment that will grow with you. I want to be able to build my home and an entire village if i choose or ask friends to come live with me. I don't mind paying for said village-- heck i bought 5 in eq1. i would like to be able to sell my wares out of a real looking store front- where you right-click on something i have displayed and be offered to buy one or more of the item depending what i have in stock.and yeah, i think it is all doable, this is just the stuff i came up with off the top of my head. there is a lot of room for development in a sandbox. if they are making it so we can destroy parts of the world, they should make it so we can rebuild what has been destroyed and maybe even carve out a little place just for us in the world
  8. Seliri Well-Known Member

=X i never suggested no housing or decoration! =]

I also removed "We SHOULD NOT see" & distributed its points throughout the proper sections (#1 DO NOT reduce classes, #5 Alternate Advancements, #27 Quests, #21 User Interface)

"We SHOULD see" now only has 6 points ;o

phuuerararegh think im done now... ;| OCD of peace...
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i like most of it- just kind of caught my eye about housing. must have misread it or something. however, may i make a suggestion? being old, i find light print against a tan background very hard to read.
  10. Seliri Well-Known Member

added Section VIII to #4 & Section IIb to #7

4.) Hyper-interactive environments
    VIII. Dynamic weather
    a. Special gear/utilities needed to preserve optimal mobility (snow/dust/pouring rain/hail)

7.) Deities
    II. Blessings/miracles

b. consider trade-offs for specific weaknesses/strengths, health, power, etc.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Just my notes on PvP, check out Tera Risings PVP servers. You get an ability called "Outlaw" which is the ability to be attacked and attack anyone you wish. Once you kill someone you are stuck as an outlaw for a duration. This means that you can opt-in or opt-out of PvP on a given log-in.

Best way I have seen a server handle allowing PvP and PvE... granted if you PvE you have to watch out for Outlaws, I got good at not getting ganked, even killed a few overzealous Outlaws myself, kinda sad though when a level 50 Lancer attacks a level 45 Berserker and can't win (Zerks are one of the worst PvP classes in Tera) he only won because he had a level 60 Cleric standing behind him just healing him.
  12. Seliri Well-Known Member

preciate the suggestion, lol ;p

i mostly prefer constant PvP flagging outside of city zones, but Tera's graphic style & low race/class count put me off (no gnomes? they srs riyet nao?)...

...also, probably no +/- 1 rank range vanity PvP title system...

i mean, in all honesty, I probably wont like EQ3 cause they probably wont read my list or care about regarding its points despite hundreds sending it in as feedback approx. 3 years ago.

just doing upkeep on it because im a terrible OCD procrastinator... o_O''... :eek: ...*le perfect MMO*...:eek:
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Tera is just a model I enjoy, I know it has it's issues ;) you hit on one of the largest. restrictive race/class choice. It's a system I enjoyed as a primary PvE player who enjoys PvP from time to time, it fits perfectly with my playstyle. I choose when I go actively PvPing.

Aside form hard to read, I do agree with a number of your points. As an artist I must say though your mid-orange on white is not the best contrast choice for reading. This is especially true for those of us who are red colorblind. I would highly suggest if you wish this list to be recognized that you use a sanserif font and black text on white backgrounds.

Sanserif fonts became much more usable for digital display as screens would flicker the serifs. These very forums use a Sanserif font actually. Though they use Black on Beige, which isn't the best but it is readable, very similar to Papyrus paper and ink.

That said I wish you the best of luck with your list.
    Seliri likes this.
  14. Seliri Well-Known Member

15. Estred Well-Known Member

Thank you that is much easier for everyone and if I say so, a bit more professional looking.
    Seliri likes this.
  16. Seliri Well-Known Member

would edit the OPie to include the following if i could ;|

The problem with many MMO visionaries is that they don't realize EQ2 DID A LOT OF THINGS >RIGHT<, which should be preserved.

The problem with many or most MMOs, is that THEY DO NOT PROMOTE presence IN EVERY TIER -- my design philosophy >DOES<.

Tweet support & send "/feedback" in-game!

@jaugustine @JChanSOE @ThomTerrazas @soe_ahma @EQII_Kander @cronynsoe this List of 30+ Points are WHAT EQ3 >NEEDS< http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB

@Goonie22 @SOE_Olihin @jaugustine @Storn @NinjaKitty_SOE this List of 30+ Points are WHAT EQ3 >NEEDS< http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB

@CrsJess @Storybricks @osiruss @juliebeeSD @AdamRKey this List of 30+ Points are WHAT EQ3 >NEEDS< http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB

@rosierap @Jerrith @Moorgard @s_bura @gregspence this List of 30+ Points are WHAT EQ3 >NEEDS< http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB

@omeeddariani @navsturr @pentapod @everquest_next this List of 30+ Points are WHAT EQ3 >NEEDS< http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB

@j_smedley @DaveGeorgeson @TaliskerDev @terryjmichaels this List of 30+ Points are WHAT EQ3 >NEEDS< http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB
    4.) Hit Ctrl+C to copy
    5.) Hit Ctrl+V to paste in the "/feedback" box
    6.) Hit Submit
  17. Gnaff Active Member

I must add that i think Attuning gear is a bad idea. Instead of Attuning i suggest everything be trade-able but once used by someone It become Heirloom to the used persons account.

That way it keeps the items from being re-sold over and over. But still gives items some usefulness when a character is done with it.

The only items in my mind that should be no-trade should be High-end quest items.
  18. Seliri Well-Known Member

=[ we have finally found ourselves amidst a rift wee fellow bearded Gnaff!

i feel heirloom should be for only cruddy thinks, like crap mounts. :D

muahaha ***demands that every toon go out & experience the open world!1#@1!*** ;p
  19. Seliri Well-Known Member

added a1 & a1a to #14 Terrain... =X

14.) Terrain -
    • I. Multiple (MULTIPLE) hidden passages w/ exclusive gameplay features
    a. Simultaneous or singular progression action requirements (SOSPAR!) AND exclusive equipment (consider utility slots) demands PROMOTE presence in the open world via consistent adventuring & questing
    a1. ALWAYS have SOSPAR encounter size trigger requirements be HALF of the encounter size the contested content is designed for
    a1a. This allows for the promotion of exploration, AS WELL AS competitive rivalry & general contesting
  20. Seliri Well-Known Member

regarding this

i think i would edit the OPie to change the steps to just be

''Submit feedback!:
    In the chat line in-game, please type & enter, all ON ONE LINE, ''/feedback Please listen to the 30 principles EQ3 >NEEDS< written at http://tinyurl.com/LOTPENSAB so that our future Norrathian home is a land of plenty'' > danx beb! n_n''