LFG for a long time isn't fun.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vinyard, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Vinyard Active Member

Merge the servers into 1 super server
  2. Archaical Active Member

You know Rift allows free server transfers, and it has far more players than this game ever will? Yet they still allow free server transfers. Whats up with that SOE? Hmmmmm.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

I don't think that will help much...most people tend to group within their guilds or circle of friends....over the years people have gotten sick of bad pugs so avoid them.....and because of the age of the game it's next to impossible to find groups for low level content....a merger won't fix that.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Has to be at least 2, unless you do away with PvP. I would vote for 1 PvP and 1 non-PvP though.
  5. Archaical Active Member

They make too much money from server transfer tokens, something Rift does for free with a much healthier population.
  6. Taysa Well-Known Member

Define "long time."
  7. Eileithia Active Member

One thing I find comical.. (Not saying this is happening to you) is when I see, in a matter of a few minutes.

95 healer LFG
    95 Tank LFG
    95 Wiz LFG
    95 Assassin LFG
    95 BL LFG
    95 Conj LFG

Why is it people are so afraid to start forming the group, and just wait for the invite/tell? It's usually easier to fill a couple holes than sit around waiting to be picked up... Just sayin. ;)

Although I do agree there's a major (more than most other games) hatred for PUGs by a lot of players in EQ2, which I think is attributed to the massive gap between good and bad players in this game that isn't as prevalent in others. I know personally I would rather wait around for someone I know to log in than pick up a random 9 times out of 10.
    Regolas likes this.
  8. Jalek Active Member

They've copied enough other things from Warcraft, why not the matchmaker? Specify an instance, perhaps have a hidden level and gear check to normalize the group, and draw from everywhere. Several Korean MMO's have replicated it successfully. Maybe they can outsource having it done.
  9. Erszebeth Active Member

Part of the problem is most of what I see in PuGing is people wanting very specific setups for group, tank/heals/chanter/bard/dps/dps, for even the easiest of zones; Temple of the Faceless comes to mind here. Really, theres no need for specifics in most of the dungeons, except maybe WE/WC/HE where an ideal setup makes a large difference in the groups progression through the zone.
    DC/ToF/ToTF/Chelsith, all easily 3/4 mannable if you have good gear, and thats easy to come by. Biggest problem to PuG's IMHO is people requiring "ideal" or as close to ideal setups for EVERYTHING.
    Neiloch and Regolas like this.
  10. Ixian Active Member

This post makes me laugh (not at you, by the way) because they actually have one, albeit not cross-server and it has a lot of issues. In addition to its failures with matchmaking, they don't the dungeons up-to-date; the most recent GU finally added the content up to Skyshrine, which means none of the CoE dungeons are available.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree. I made 6 or 8 PUGs today, we had two bards (dirge and troub) just because they were available for some. I almost always make groups, much more reliable than lfg.
  12. Erszebeth Active Member

personally, as long as I have a healer, and tank, >>of which I'm usually playing one or the other<<, for MOST dungeons I'll take whatever comes, only times I want anything particular is WE/WC/HE, and even then I tend to be pretty lax on what I get/take. TBH, most fun I've had on DC, was my zerk, sin, bruiser, monk, warden...yea, aggro was everywhere, but everyone had fun and we cleared the zone quickly and efficiently.
  13. jyxu New Member

Don't think they care about money. They ban the country of most population on the earth from this game, killing so many account based on a paper studying that many plat farmers are from it, and ironically after the ban plat price keep dropping.
  14. Mohee Active Member

I see they added skyshrine zones to dungeon finder, yet its not showing up in my list. Anyone else have this issue? :p

not that it matters anyways because those zones are basically useless now heheh
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

3 1 RP as well. dont' forget that play style. since RP is part of the genre
  16. Estal Well-Known Member

It may have been said plenty times before, but here goes again, most action is within guilds only, so just join one and don't ask for server merges cause you can't get a group by spamming lfg in channels.

Plenty of very large guilds around like for example this one.. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/guild_detail/3522744989, 245 accs among the members and thats just one guild...
  17. Lamatu Active Member

I will agree most grouping takes place with friends list and within guilds. However looking up a guild and seeing how many accounts it has does not mean its active or if any are paying subs.

I assume some prefer not to start groups themselves because they are not familiar with other classes or not sure what to do when under geared players join their group or what strats may be needed on fights if not enough dps to just burn through it. I have joined many a pug with no hate xfer or utility and a tank who can't hold agro without it. The best is when a guy in bad gear is tanking and the brawler or crusader joins in raid gear and goes reckless to dps.

I do suggest if you wanna form your own groups to always start with one of the jungle instances and go on from there.
  18. Ardrek Member

for the most part I have found that if I queue a group of 6 some instances will never pop while others pop instantly. the wild card queue is terrible and will most certainly break up the group of 6 but only after a very long timeout. I only queue for specific dungeons when I have a full team. It's VERY nice to queue with one or more mercenaries in the group. the mercenaries will be dropped as needed if enough live people are queued for the same instance, making the DF pop much quicker and you don't feel like you left someone out of it if the mercenary is dropped as opposed to your friend.
  19. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

It's been demonstrated several times that server merges do not help people find groups. If nobody on your server wants to group with you, all merging with another server will accomplish is doubling the number of people who don't want to group with you. You can rail against this point all you like, but the issue has been debated to death, and past experience has always supported this assertion.
  20. Archaical Active Member

Nice try, but you are completely wrong. Everytime they merge servers, grouping booms. It is the poor decisions and low quality content that follows the mergers that cause more people to leave, therefore requiring more mergers. I would also like to repeat that fact that Rift allows free server transfers, and has a much healthier player population than this game. How come nobody has commented on that?